What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Stupid, yes. But ASU won that game. I wouldn't want the refs taking it from them with a T there.
Carson did that himself by not running out the clock, that's a time you don't score.

I just don't look at this way, things shouldn't change because the ending would be ruined.

Nah. I don't want to see the refs call a T there. They handled it right. The game got decided on the court and Nick Johnson damn near hit that running 3 to tie. That's the opportunity that UA got from Carson's mistake, which was fair.

My issues with the officials in this one was more with the type of game they allowed it to be in the 1st half.

I found this interesting ESPN's predictability index thing: they UofA a 45% chance to beat Utah but an 81% chance to beat us.

I found this interesting ESPN's predictability index thing: they UofA a 45% chance to beat Utah but an 81% chance to beat us.

Haven't seen it but it's pretty clear ESPN as a whole isn't particularly high on us. Hope to shut them up because frankly it seems they're sitting around waiting for this final stretch to expose us.

I also thought the predicted win in boulder (and loss) in salt lake is interesting. I think those chances should be flipped.

Stupid, yes. But ASU won that game. I wouldn't want the refs taking it from them with a T there.

It's unlikely a technical would have changed much with Arizona down 3.I generally would agree with you. Although Carson was really pushing it there.

Then Carson should be smart enough to dribble the clock out. You don't get rid of T's just because it's at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Carson should be smart enough to dribble the clock out. You don't get rid of T's just because it's at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree here. You should call the game the same start to finish. And it's not the refs fault that someone committed a (technical) foul, they are just supposed to enforce the rules.

I was a little late with this today. But the Lego movie took precedence. :lol:

Saturday, 2/15, games we care about:

Colorado enters the day as RPI 25.

Oklahoma State hosts Oklahoma. Lite needs a win to stop the bleeding. Oklahoma is only 4 behind the Buffs in RPI. Game has been back & forth so far with 3+ left in the half. ESPN.

VCU at St. Louis. Impacts CU's RPI rank. VCU is #22 & St. Louis #16. VCU is our better chance to jump, so go Billikens. Game's even with 4 minutes left in the half. ESPN2.

UMass at George Washington. UMass comes in as #21 and GW #27. Either result works for us, but I'd kind of like to see UMass drop.

Toledo at E Michigan. Toledo comes in as #24 and E Michigan is a tough out in the MAC. Toledo trails 22-26 at half.

Cal (16-8, 7-4) at Washington (14-11, 6-6). Go Huskies! This is all about the conference standings but the Buffs get a small RPI bump if Washington wins since we play them twice and Cal once. PACN, 1pm.

Kansas hosts TCU. We need KU to win and they'd have to try hard to lose this game.

Georgia hosts Ole Miss. Big game. Georgia comes in #103 and Ole Miss #62. This would put UGA in the Top 100 and give us another quality win on the resume.

Wyoming at San Jose State. Another big one. Road wins are tough to come by and Wyoming (RPI 89) can't slip up here.

Utah (17-7, 6-6) at UCLA (19-5, 8-3). 2 losses to UCLA so we want them looking as strong as possible. Plus, with a road game left against Utah it wouldn't be the worst thing for them to slump. Utah's RPI 95 and UCLA's #15. There's an argument to be made that the road win would put Utah solidly in the Top 100 while UCLA stayed easily in the Top 50, but I just can't go there. 3pm, PACN.

Jackson State (#279) has a good opportunity for a rare road win at PV A&M (#275).

New Mexico (#26) hosts Nevada (#131). An upset here would help our positioning. 4pm, CBSSN.

UCSB (#72) hosts CSU Northidge (#282). Absolutely need UCSB to take care of business here.

Harvard (#48) at Cornell (#340). A win may actually drop them in RPI, but a loss would be an unmitigated disaster.

Stanford (15-8, 6-5) at Washington State (9-15, 2-10). Cougs could help us a lot in the standings in this one. They're playing better lately.

Baylor (#56) hosts Kansas State (#31). Baylor can get themselves back into the Top 50 here and get KSU off our backs a bit. 5pm, ESPNU.

Elon (#154) hosts Samford (#299). Not a loss that Elon can afford in either the RPI or the conference standings.

West Virginia at Texas (#23). WVU's been hot. If they can get the win, Buffs move up. LHN, 6pm.

AFA (#261) at SDSU (#17). No hope? Probably. 6pm, CBSSN.

Arkansas State (#173) at LA Lafayette (#151). Great opportunity for RPI and conference standings.

CSU (#147) at Fresno State (#137). Another good opportunity. 8pm, ROOT.

Toledo got destroyed at E Michigan. Good result for us with them 1 ahead of the Buff entering the day.

UMass won at GW. Good win for UMass and GW would have jumped us if they'd won.

Okie Lite lost by 3 to Oklahoma. Bad result for us. Very bad. ****.

Some guy from Oklahoma who couldn't hit anything buries two three at the end of the game OSU is done. You guys think we fell apart after losing Spencer? Take a look at OSU.

Just saw a wear twin crash the offensive boards and get a putback against a team other than us. I doubted it was possible. If they shoot above 90% as a twosome again, I might decide it's not a curse.

edit: and nope, missing wide open spot up 3s. :bang:

Georgia just got an absolutely huge home win over Ole Miss. 61-60. Fantastic result for the Buffs.

Bruins beat the Utes, 80-66. UCLA is going to be ranked and deserves to be in the high teens.

Cal and ASU leading the charge for 3rd and 4th. Got our work cut out

that meeting in the bay area will be key to our conference standings. I'm not 100% sure it will be the deciding game for 4th place yet, but it very well could be. We only get them once, so there wont be a chance to even the score for the loser.

If we beat them at home, I'm pretty sure we will wind up in the top 4 in conf play, and they wont. If they win, they'll probably take the slot.

As far as I see it, it's (still, barely) arizona's to lose, and while we can even up the score on ASU, I dont think we can jump them without favors from someone else AND us taking care of them in the keg (they have the mountain schools, the bay schools and the oregon schools left).

Cal has kind of a tough remaining schedule, so they could get some L's hung on them (LA schools, Mtn schools & Zona Schools), or they could turn UCLA into the conf champ (again...sigh)

Bruins beat the Utes, 80-66. UCLA is going to be ranked and deserves to be in the high teens.

I'd be surprised if they were that high. Don't think home wins over Colorado and Utah will be enough to push them 8-10 spots in votes

Last edited:
Back