What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Nik ... as always a great gameday summation. It's good to know who we should be pulling for re CU's Dance bid and seeding. Huge rep. :thumbsup:

However ... as someone who earned his basketball watching bones attending Princeton games during the Bill Bradley era (and whose older brother played football there) I just CAN'T root for Hahvahd over the Tigers. But nonetheless your rundown of the day's games and their significance are thorough and much appreciated.

And please tell Nikita hello for me ... and that I think she's really cute! :thumbsup:

I will. But I'll leave out the "cute" part. Word to the wise - most petite women ****ing hate that word unless you're talking about kittens or something. Nikita might cut you if she hears it in relation to her. :lol:

I will. But I'll leave out the "cute" part. Word to the wise - most petite women ****ing hate that word unless you're talking about kittens or something. Nikita might cut you if she hears it in relation to her. :lol:

Okay! Good to know! :thumbsup:

How about "really attractive"? :huh:

Hitting the soft part of CU's day.

AFA got curbstomped by Nevada.
Oklahoma beat up on KSU.
Washington is killing Oregon State. (This is the 1 good result in this group.)
UT Martin down by 9 early against SE Missouri State.

Hitting the soft part of CU's day.

AFA got curbstomped by Nevada.
Oklahoma beat up on KSU.
Washington is killing Oregon State. (This is the 1 good result in this group.)
UT Martin down by 9 early against SE Missouri State.

UDub beating OSU ... and now live rugby on Pac 12 (UCLA @ Cal). And then tonight Syracuse @ Duke and ARIZONA @ COLORADO! Does it ever get any better than this?!?

Quick question for Flukes (or anyone else who actually knows) ... is rugby a varsity sport at Cal, UCLA, Stanford, etc. ... or a club sport (like it is at CU)?

UT Martin has pulled within 3 early in the 2nd half. Would be an unexpected nice result for us if they could win.

UT Martin down 2 with 4 secs left against SE Missouri State. And with that, I'm heading to the CU game.

Someone else is going to need to update for the other games on the slate for the next 5 or 6 hours.

OK.

So...

UT Martin lost and UCLA lost to Stanford. And then while CU was getting assraped dry, the rest of the night went well for our SOS:

Jackson State won at Grambling
UCSB took care of CS Fullerton
Kansas destroyed Texas
Harvard won at Princeton
Arkansas State beat Texas State

For RPI rank, SDSU lost at New Mexico.

While the Buffs didn't do themselves any favor by losing and our RPI dropped from 22 to 27, our SOS increased from 20 to 8. Pretty much every team from 18-26 remains well within range with a strong showing in the final 3 games.

It's still very early but Utah is beating the snot out of ASU by 18, and Cal is asleep at the wheel against USC (down 5)

Dumb question but what are the P-12 tiebreakers after head-to-head? Since there's a decent possibility will be tied with ASU.

Not looking forward to playing Utah. They put a beating on ASU tonight.

Whatever we do it can't be any worse. Hopefully we got our diarrhea out and Utah got their game of the season out. Utes may lack the hunger we have in preparation this week, although Krystkowiak is damn good at the motivation game and now we're making our Senior Day road tour (2 games of 3)

So just teams ahead of both of us? What would happen if both teams were in first place? -- the record against teams right below you?

yeah, if you split in head to head, it then comes down to how you fared against the highest ranked team in the conference. In our case with ASU, they beat the top team and we didn't so they win the tiebreaker.

The Buffs are going to lose most tiebreakers unfortunately. Will need to beat Cal or Stanford to win a tiebreaker with any of the Top 5 teams in the conference

yeah, if you split in head to head, it then comes down to how you fared against the highest ranked team in the conference. In our case with ASU, they beat the top team and we didn't so they win the tiebreaker.

The Buffs are going to lose most tiebreakers unfortunately. Will need to beat Cal or Stanford to win a tiebreaker with any of the Top 5 teams in the conference
Make sense, aside from UW we beat every team we should've in conference on paper (yeah special set of circumstances that game) and lost to every team we should've.

Back