What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019-20 Pac-12 MBB Thread

What’s crazy is that of the 56 points, they got 43 from a guy off of the bench whose scored 67 points all season

I just checked the stat sheet. It's insane. Dude jacked up 29 shots. ASU also went 14% on three-pointers.

WTF. I know st mary’s Is solid but they just mudholed asu, 96-56.
If you can handle ASU's pressure, they become an easy out. St. Mary's is the worst possible type of matchup for ASU with how disciplined they are with the ball.

Holy **** did Utah get obliterated by San Diego State today.

Guess their ranking is going to have to wait.

Love the usual suspects this last week crying about how doomed CU is because the conference is filled with so many teams better than us. Then all those “powerhouses“ get it handed to them today. 😂

Love the usual suspects this last week crying about how doomed CU is because the conference is filled with so many teams better than us. Then all those “powerhouses“ get it handed to them today. 😂
Oregon didn’t lose today, but they only beat 3-8 Texas Southern by 6. They were 27.5 point favorites. But the buffs are doomed because they didn’t play good against Sacramento State.

PAC-12 teams in KenPom “Tier A/B” games:

Oregon - 6 (3-2 A, 1-0 B)
USC - 6 (1-1 A, 3-1 B)
ASU - 6 (0-3 A, 1-2 B)
CU - 5 (1-1 A, 3-0 B)
Utah - 5 (1-1 A, 3-0 B)
Washington - 4 (1-3 A, 0-0 B)
UCLA - 4 (0-4 A, 0-0 B)
Cal - 4 (0-1 A, 0-3 B)
Arizona - 3 (0-2 A, 1-0 B)
Stanford - 3 (0-2 A, 1-0 B)
OSU - 2 (0-0 A, 0-2 B)
Wazzu - 0

First comment is TCU choking cost us a tier A game. Currently, Clemson isn’t A or B, although with help from the ACC that should change.

Secondly there will be lots of changes as we’ll see some of the lesser teams move into a tier B as they beat up on their weaker conference opponents.

Just finished watching Cal vs Harvard. Now watching WSU vs AR-Pine Bluff.

Let's just say that I'll be less than pleased if our Buffs lose to either of these teams this season.

PAC-12 teams in KenPom “Tier A/B” games:

Oregon - 6 (3-2 A, 1-0 B)
USC - 6 (1-1 A, 3-1 B)
ASU - 6 (0-3 A, 1-2 B)
CU - 5 (1-1 A, 3-0 B)
Utah - 5 (1-1 A, 3-0 B)
Washington - 4 (1-3 A, 0-0 B)
UCLA - 4 (0-4 A, 0-0 B)
Cal - 4 (0-1 A, 0-3 B)
Arizona - 3 (0-2 A, 1-0 B)
Stanford - 3 (0-2 A, 1-0 B)
OSU - 2 (0-0 A, 0-2 B)
Wazzu - 0

First comment is TCU choking cost us a tier A game. Currently, Clemson isn’t A or B, although with help from the ACC that should change.

Secondly there will be lots of changes as we’ll see some of the lesser teams move into a tier B as they beat up on their weaker conference opponents.

Good stuff, Goose.

What is the dividing line for A vs B?

Oh, and wtf wazzu. That be a goose egg yer totin'.

Non-conference play is over for every Pac-12 team and the polls & computer ranks have updated through Sunday's games. Here's the Pac-12 team profiles ahead of the conference season:

TEAMRECORDNET RANKKENPOM RANK
Colorado11-2 (0-0)2334
#4 Oregon11-2 (0-0)119
Stanford11-2 (0-0)2155
USC11-2 (0-0)7268
Oregon State10-2 (0-0)7670
#25 Arizona10-3 (0-0)1816
Washington10-3 (0-0)4345
Utah9-3 (0-0)62108
Arizona State9-4 (0-0)5787
Washington State9-4 (0-0)127143
UCLA7-6 (0-0)179127
California6-7 (0-0)184191

Wtf is UCLA's problem? I haven't really watched them play.
Transitioning under a new coach and system, mostly. As always they have talent, but when I've watched them they don't seem to have bought in or learned to play together yet. So far, they've been an awful jump shooting team. I don't believe that UCLA can't shoot (especially with Alford's recruiting priorities that built most of this roster), so I'm looking at them as the team from the Pac-12's bottom 3 that has the potential to figure it out and turn into a real problem for the teams above them. They've been a mess, though.

KenPom projections (note: percentages include share of conference title so total can equal more than 100%)

Pac-12

Oregon* 45 percent
Arizona 36 percent
Colorado 30 percent
Washington 12 percent
Arizona gets a bump over us since we only play them once and it's in Tucson. They get a nice scheduling advantage there. On the positive side, we don't have to make a Washington trip this year and get them in Boulder.

Arizona gets a bump over us since we only play them once and it's in Tucson. They get a nice scheduling advantage there. On the positive side, we don't have to make a Washington trip this year and get them in Boulder.

To that point, KP points out with the clear top 3, Oregon takes a hit because they’re the only one that plays the other two the full four times.

Back