What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. How much $$$$$$$$$$$$ are the Nubs throwing around? Stinkoln, Nebraska....are you kidding me?
Only can start 1 QB. Who will transfer out? Casey Thompson or Chubba Purdy? I can't see either one being happy with transferring to the Nubs only to hold a clipboard on the sidelines.

Interesting. How much $$$$$$$$$$$$ are the Nubs throwing around? Stinkoln, Nebraska....are you kidding me?
Only can start 1 QB. Who will transfer out? Casey Thompson or Chubba Purdy? I can't see either one being happy with transferring to the Nubs only to hold a clipboard on the sidelines.
EGOS at this level are very big, especially at that position. Guaranteed both firmly believe there's no way they'll lose out to the other guy.

Using up your one free transfer by going to Nebraska where another highly touted QB just transferred is borderline idiotic. I suppose they could be receiving a nice pay day but just doesn’t seem like a good plan for their futures

Fuskers going for the complete rebuild with transfers and throwing NIL money at HS kids as well.

Going to make a huge difference for them.

Next season they will only lose to the B1G powers by 30 points instead of 50 but they will sneak out enough wins to get 6 of them and go to the Toe Jam Ointment Bowl. Fuskers fans and administrators will swear they are back and they will extend Frosty for another 5 years. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Convince me otherwise, but I don’t think it’s feasible to recast the OL via the portal. Unlike the other position groups, the OL requires chemistry which only comes with practicing and playing together for extended periods of time. It can take years and still not produce. Reassembling mercenaries, new schemes, etc. is a recipe for disaster.

CU should have been building OL talent from HS recruiting over the last 20 years. It has proven to be a fatal miscalculation.
We’ve had some decent success with OL transfers in the recent past. I do agree, however, that wholesale change is a recipe for disaster.

Kenneth Walker is going pro. So that move to MSU makes sense, also wants to be reunited with his former OC. Good luck to him, I prefer a bigger back to be the guy, then you have a change of pace guy like Jarek. Would be nice to get Andrew Paul as a late addition to the 22 class.

Last edited:
Kenneth Walker is going pro. So that move to MSU makes sense, also wants to be reunited with his former OC. Good luck to him, I prefer a bigger back to be the guy, then you have a change of pace guy like Jarek. Would be nice to get Andrew Paul as a late addition to the 22 class.
Every now and then he gives us a coherent post that is spelled correctly and makes sense.

Thompson turns 24 this fall. If he wins the job the goal should be to head the draft next spring. I expect Purdy to stay and wait for his chance in 2023. If Purdy wins it's probably over for Thompson as a high level P5 QB.

Watts was not only an exceptional punter, the team consistently mentioned him throughout last season as an impact player. How often do players mention and call out punters as making a difference? Watts was mentioned by players after almost every game, so yeah, if he is leaving that is bad attrition.

How poor is this coaching staff? They are causing issues with the punters now. I cannot honestly recall ANY program in history having this many issues in a 2 year timeframe.

The extra covid year is the problem. The majority of the transfers including Watts would be graduating if not for the extra year of eligibility. In Watts case, he should be good enough to play in the NFL at this point.
Also, by my count CU needs about 6-7 more transfers in order to use the remaining counters for the 2022 cycle.

Watts was not only an exceptional punter, the team consistently mentioned him throughout last season as an impact player. How often do players mention and call out punters as making a difference? Watts was mentioned by players after almost every game, so yeah, if he is leaving that is bad attrition.

How poor is this coaching staff? They are causing issues with the punters now. I cannot honestly recall ANY program in history having this many issues in a 2 year timeframe.
This one makes complete sense, no?

Predicted there would be about 4 spots remaining to be filled even before the Watts announcment. Some guys will transfer after spring ball.

This one makes complete sense, no?
It is not the worst move made this off-season. However, if you have a punter who has eligibility and has shown to be able to swing field position consistently, why push that player out for an unproven punter? If they actually had a roster plan in place, they would have signed a punter next year.

I think there’s some “even the punter is bailing?!?!” outrage going on here, but Watts leaving is good - having 2 scholarship punters in the first place is where we should be focusing our anger.

It is not the worst move made this off-season. However, if you have a punter who has eligibility and has shown to be able to swing field position consistently, why push that player out for an unproven punter? If they actually had a roster plan in place, they would have signed a punter next year.
There is a lot to complain about with this coaching staff, but I don't think this move is anywhere on that list. It seems to me that they had a roster plan, but with Covid, Watts got an extra year of eligibility. They convinced a top ranked punter to greyshirt and not go somewhere else. That seems to me, like a good job by the coaching staff.

There is a lot to complain about with this coaching staff, but I don't think this move is anywhere on that list. It seems to me that they had a roster plan, but with Covid, Watts got an extra year of eligibility. They convinced a top ranked punter to greyshirt and not go somewhere else. That seems to me, like a good job by the coaching staff.
Yeah, understood. Not a complaint, more of a mumble. This isn't something to get upset about.
Now, if you let an impact punter go and the freshman averages 37 yards a punt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back