What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

One last thing - where the **** did these refs come from? They were absolute dog****. I mean, how in the heavenly **** did they not call PI on Hunter's last TD? I get that it didn't matter, but it could have. And two plays earlier the dude facemasked him while fighting for the ball and apparently no one saw it.

Then you had Shedeur getting clocked late, countless holds missed, and probably other **** too. And we weren't innocent either. I saw obvious penalties on us that weren't called. Those dudes better never show their faces in Boulder again.
the illegal hands to the face against our DL in the first half was comical

The one thing I will say needs to get fixed is the celebrating. I understand part of the appeal of playing for Prime is he lets his dudes express themselves, but over the top celebrations with the game very much in doubt gives off big "Faton Bauta celebrating a first down, while down 40" vibes.

Lots of whinge and moaning going on. This defense is built to counter Big 12 offenses. Not overload power I flex wing bull****. There are maybe 2 teams we’ll face this year with a QB that’s a true run threat. The rest will sit back there and sling. Our defense will be fine. That said, Green needs to start with Bentley and that **** better happen fast. Also, Charlie needs to sit the fvck down. Hayden and Welch deserve a chance to get rolling and with a line that can’t hold a run block for more than 2 seconds, we need a back that can hit the hole fast. Charlie is dragging a fvcking piano.
Also, enough with the SS holds the ball too long. The dude is more than we b!tches even deserve so STFU.
More tomorrow when I sober up.

Lots of whinge and moaning going on. This defense is built to counter Big 12 offenses. Not overload power I flex wing bull****. There are maybe 2 teams we’ll face this year with a QB that’s a true run threat. The rest will sit back there and sling. Our defense will be fine. That said, Green needs to start with Bentley and that **** better happen fast. Also, Charlie needs to sit the fvck down. Hayden and Welch deserve a chance to get rolling and with a line that can’t hold a run block for more than 2 seconds, we need a back that can hit the hole fast. Charlie is dragging a fvcking piano.
Also, enough with the SS holds the ball too long. The dude is more than we b!tches even deserve so STFU.
More tomorrow when I sober up.
Whinge

The one thing I will say needs to get fixed is the celebrating. I understand part of the appeal of playing for Prime is he lets his dudes express themselves, but over the top celebrations with the game very much in doubt gives off big "Faton Bauta celebrating a first down, while down 40" vibes.
I didn't see anything over the top. In fact, I saw Hunter and some of the coaches making sure of that.

You just want to bitch

season 5 goo goo gas GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Just got back from the game.

Wasn’t impressed. Can’t run the ball. Porous defensively. Stupid coaching issues. This doesn’t appear to be a bowl team.

Weird game in that they started with a long, clock eating scoring drive. Then we score quickly. Then they go on another long, clock eating scoring drive. Then we score in, like, one minute.

I just don’t think we could develop any rhythm in the first half. Add to that playing our first game against a tough, cohesive team.

The second half we started figuring things out but sort of shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times.

Happy with halftime adjustments on D. That’s an improvement over last year, right there. Allow only 6 points in 2nd half is winning football.

Our offense is going to be fun and productive. We’ll get the running game going. I do agree: Offerdahl is a good story but not a starter (or regular). I loved that swing pass to Dalton, stiff arm the one-on-one defender for a 1st. THAT’s what a RB should be able to do and what’s been lacking here for a long time.

This was a horrible game to schedule first. That team runs a sick system for a long time. It’s like when we played AF. We had to spend all this time preparing for the option then they threw the entire first half.

We need to schedule real patsies for a first game. Now we go on the road for two rivalry games. Dumb. Rick’s scheduling sucks.

NDSU starts 14 seniors and 6 juniors, and those are guys they've developed in their system. That's a tough draw in game 1 for a team with as much turnover as we had. At least we saw defensive improvement in the 2nd half, and the OL should get better as the season goes on. I expect a lot of the mistakes to be cleaned up next week.

Back