What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

Maybe you missed Cam Miller having an almost perfect first half
That wasn't on the DL, that was on the running almost entirely man coverage, not spying the QB, & not adjusting to their rub routes.

DL isn't going to get pressure against a quick passing game which is what NDSU was trying to do for the most part, they were stout against the run. D generated 11 total pressures, 3 sacks, 1 hit, 7 hurries.

I am beating the drum.

We have to be able to run the ball
Our O would be unstoppable if we show just some balance

I am going to go out on a limb and say that their game plan was to stop the run and make us one-dimensional. The problem was that they didn't have the horses to stop the passing game, so even though they did make us one-dimensional, we racked up 500 yards of offense and really it took us hurting ourselves to not score every time we had the ball.

The obsession people have with our DL is strange.

NDSU has a very good OLine and running game system. They have a NFL guy in LT and likely 1 or 2 other NFL caliber guys in the future based on their tradition. That's their signature and strength. That's what they have been training for in the whole off season. I think this the best OL we are going to face in the OOC games.

Our DL played really well against their run, created a lot of pressure in the passing rush, made enough stops if not for those stupid penalties.

If anything, the OL should be our biggest concern, as their DL/LB could be the weakest among our upcoming opponents.

That wasn't on the DL, that was on the running almost entirely man coverage, not spying the QB, & not adjusting to their rub routes.

DL isn't going to get pressure against a quick passing game which is what NDSU was trying to do for the most part, they were stout against the run. D generated 11 total pressures, 3 sacks, 1 hit, 7 hurries.
I agree. The first half pass D wasn't on the DL. It was the defensive play calling. The adjustments at half proved that

IMO last night was a decent, B- performance. On one hand, we saw many of the same weaknesses as last season. The defense was spotty, the run game was weak, and we were prone to poor discipline and boneheaded game management. On the other hand, we have two of the best players in CFB, and they went out and won the game for us. Jimmy Horn Jr. was also excellent, and he will likely have plenty of chances to shine as defenses key in on Travis.

The team also deserves credit for pulling together after a shaky first half. That type of game can easily go sideways - week 1, Thursday night, national TV, against a well-coached and disciplined opponent. They mostly controlled the second half and earned the W, even if the ending got way too close for comfort.

Also, I checked the r/CFB threads. I can understand being turned off by some of Prime's antics, but people are really overdoing it. It is funny to watch people who never thought about our team and school until December 2022 suddenly be hate-watching and cheering for us to lose. Hopefully we can put together a solid 7 or 8 win season to really piss them off.

i just read that it was 2 who checked out of a running play on that infamous series on 1st down. ... seems he saw they had single-covered 12 and he thought it was disrespectful.

2 also saved us in the first half with the "leg cramp"...

the guy is a play maker... i do not think this will be last time this year we see him be very aggressive--- whether holding the ball too long to try to make a play (good lord, some of those deep throws with a man in his face were works of art) or changing the play despite the game management strategy.

2 and 12 need to stay healthy. also jimmy horn jr. is a MAN. our wr unit is very ****ing good.

fusker hate week has begun a bit early so let's do this.

2) DO NOT get worked up if Nebraska dismantles UTEP tomorrow. UTEP might be rolling out a bottom 5-10 FBS squad this year. NDSU would beat them by 28.
UTEP is awful, true. I lived in southern NM and briefly in El Paso and have a soft spot for NMSU and UTEP sports and minus last year's Aggie season both are dreadful on the gridiron. Career killing revolving door for coaches.

Down there, the food is much better than the football.

i just read that it was 2 who checked out of a running play on that infamous series on 1st down. ... seems he saw they had single-covered 12 and he thought it was disrespectful.

2 also saved us in the first half with the "leg cramp"...

the guy is a play maker... i do not think this will be last time this year we see him be very aggressive--- whether holding the ball too long to try to make a play (good lord, some of those deep throws with a man in his face were works of art) or changing the play despite the game management strategy.

2 and 12 need to stay healthy. also jimmy horn jr. is a MAN. our wr unit is very ****ing good.

fusker hate week has begun a bit early so let's do this.

The "leg cramp" was f*cking genius. Of course, the D not getting lined up was atrocious.

I'm not as down on the run blocking as some because I really think it's a scheme issue. We kept calling the same ?counter trey? to Hayden to the right and there was no lead blocker. The DE was almost in a 7 tech and it's almost impossible for the tackle to get out to him and seal the edge. You could see Hayden getting pissed multiple times because he knew with one block he's off and running. The run gameplan was just very weird last night.
Also, Offerdahl is not able to hit holes fast enough. Hayden and Welch need to get their shot.

I don’t care who it’s on. It was about the stupidest football play I’ve ever seen. Situational awareness is important. Nothing good comes out of doing that. Even if he connects and they score, who cares? It was an ego move. Nothing more. Idiotic.
Shedeur was balls last night. But getting real, for someone that’s trying to get picked in the first 5, there’s some head scratchers that happened.

He also admitted it was something that he will learn from. So recognition that it was a mistake is a positive.

Last edited:
Leg cramps are real? Next you’ll be telling me helicopters don’t actually fly themselves. This isn’t “just make up wild fantasy bull**** stories and post them on allbuffs” day, is it?

One thing I am sure of, Cam Miller is a P5 worthy QB

Was he pretty much guaranteed the starting spot at ISU? His accuracy was uncanny. One strike though is that he couldn't get the ball to the end zone from midfield. I'm guessing most P4 QBs can.

Is anyone else just ****ing exhausted today? I HATE weekday night games.
Both of my teams played at the same time last night. The Buffs were on the tv, other team was on the computer on mute. “Other game” sort of mellowed me during the Buffs, but having both on the first Thursday of the year during a 5-day span kinda sucked…but they both won, so hate watching will be much easier.

I’m not sure what percentage of our runs were out of the RPO, but when we ran out of the RPO the run was slow to develop and began fairly deep in our backfield. Any holes that were there initially, closed quickly and our RB just got jammed at the LOS.

I purposely did not post leading up to the game, but I will now.

NDSU is legit. I was nervous going into this game because I viewed it as a bit of a make or break the season type of game.
If we lose, we lose legitimacy. If we win, we beat an FCS team. Nothing to gain STATISTICALLY.

However, NDSU SHOULD and COULD be a legit FBS team. They win A LOT. They beat A LOT of FBS schools.
They are a program type of team. Doesnt' matter who is in, they perform.

I'm glad we got the win and can move on.
I think our O line looks much better than last year but have a long way to go.
Shedeur looks MUCH better. Arm looks stronger and his accuracy is improved.
Hunter is the Heisman....end of story.
Defensive line was a bit better, but the D has A LOT of work to do.

Right now we look like a 5-6 win team.
I hope I'm wrong, but I wasn't really impressed with our play.

The big plays were fun and nice, but it just wasn't something you'd see from a top 10 team if they played NDSU.

Leg cramps are real? Next you’ll be telling me helicopters don’t actually fly themselves. This isn’t “just make up wild fantasy bull**** stories and post them on allbuffs” day, is it?
Lucky for me, there is no such thing as a “fat cramp.”

philby, take the W. yeah, any power conference team would have beat our arses tonight. but i do suspect we don't make the same play calls against auburn or similar as we did against the junior league team.

that was a very important growth game for our players and our coaches.
Are we scheduled to play Auburn in the second round of the College Football Playoff?

I purposely did not post leading up to the game, but I will now.

NDSU is legit. I was nervous going into this game because I viewed it as a bit of a make or break the season type of game.
If we lose, we lose legitimacy. If we win, we beat an FCS team. Nothing to gain STATISTICALLY.

However, NDSU SHOULD and COULD be a legit FBS team. They win A LOT. They beat A LOT of FBS schools.
They are a program type of team. Doesnt' matter who is in, they perform.

I'm glad we got the win and can move on.
I think our O line looks much better than last year but have a long way to go.
Shedeur looks MUCH better. Arm looks stronger and his accuracy is improved.
Hunter is the Heisman....end of story.
Defensive line was a bit better, but the D has A LOT of work to do.

Right now we look like a 5-6 win team.
I hope I'm wrong, but I wasn't really impressed with our play.

The big plays were fun and nice, but it just wasn't something you'd see from a top 10 team if they played NDSU.
This team is better than a 5/6 win team, 2nd half showed that.

1st half sucked but given the adjustments to teh 2nd half most was resolved. Only thing that prevented this from being a double digit win was a fluke INT.

I’m not sure what percentage of our runs were out of the RPO, but when we ran out of the RPO the run was slow to develop and began fairly deep in our backfield. Any holes that were there initially, closed quickly and our RB just got jammed at the LOS.
None really. We don't run an RPO.

I watched a replay of the game. That end zone INT that Shedeur through was such a frigging fluke! Wow! When that happened I was, like, “this is going to be one of those games!”

Back