What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

The scheduling is far from ideal.

I'm willing to cut Rick some slack on it though. It was all done at a time when we really sucked, we didn't have a lot of good options and every dollar mattered.

Broken record but blame a lot of this on Dr. Phil and his band of clowns. CU didn't take football seriously and to a degree Rick's hands were tied.

Thankfully that nightmare is over. Now let's see what Rick does with Todd Saliman setting the tone and Dr. Phil out of the picture.

Do keep in mind that because of the scheduling CU was again the marquee game on the opening night of full schedule college football. If we had been playing UTEP or Northern Colorado we wouldn't have been. Disaster if we lose but we didn't.
Dr. Phil? I seem to remember somebody by that name but can’t quite recall him.

What a dumb comment. Take a look at this team and the AD since Bohn left. It’s night and day.

Is RG perfect, definitely not. But he has made some very ballsy and correct calls, and done a fantastic job fundraising and turning this athletic program into one of the most talked about in the country.
My emoji poll indicates that RG is controversial.

I guess. You were not the person I thought would be advocating for not calling a time out though!
I strive to keep you guessing.

Again, had Sheduer not been an idiot and gotten the O off the field, he wouldn't have had to do it. And it is a cheap ass way to go, but if it works . . .

I'm not trying to be ultra critical because I thought Shedeur had an amazing game. Here's the 'but'...He's been touted as a very accurate passer, but he had a few throws where he wasn't under pressure and the ball was delivered not 'on the money'. The circus catch by Travis in the end zone would have been an 'ordinary' touchdown if it was delivered low and outside. He had a couple over the middle that were behind the receiver. All ultimately were caught - we have great receivers, no doubt. But I wonder if pro scouts will see those kind of throws and think his accuracy needs to improve for him to have all-pro type success at the next level. I have no doubt he will be drafted - likely 1st rounder, but many of you know the inter-workings of the pro evaluation process better than I, so I was just wondering if that's a thing or not.

Adding two things:
1) Flea and Hart are by far my two least favorite coaches on this staff. Their coaching and personnel decisions are mind boggling.
2) A huge FVCK YOU to all the West siders who sold their tickets to NDSU fans. That's total BS.
We moved from 217 on the east to 104 on the west. The number of NDSU fans there and in Balch was irritating as hell.

Woods led the team in tackles, tied for TFL
It almost seems as if some people are looking for reasons not to like certain players.

Woods is never going to be a star or a 1st round pick.

He is a kid who is tough as nails, works his butt off to be better and to do what he can to make the team better, and who provides some mobility and pursuit from the LB position that we don't have from anyone else right now.

Would I prefer to have a better, more talented and more complete player there, I can say yes to a number of guys but until we get then it doesn't do anyone any good to look for reasons to be critical, especially when a guy overall was a positive for us.

It almost seems as if some people are looking for reasons not to like certain players.

He is a kid who is tough as nails, works his butt off to be better and to do what he can to make the team better, and who provides some mobility and pursuit from the LB position that we don't have from anyone else right now.

Would I prefer to have a better, more talented and more complete player there, I can say yes to a number of guys but until we get then it doesn't do anyone any good to look for reasons to be critical, especially when a guy overall was a positive for us.
Woods was one of the worst defenders on the field for either side last night, it doesn't need to be sugar coated because people like his story

I think him getting burned on the first big play of the game really biased how a lot of us watched the rest of his game.

I watched Bentley go straight up the gut on a delayed blitz, QB took one step to the left, Bentley took 4 more strides upfield before even attempting to turn around. QB scored. But Woods is the problem.

My observations:
Shadeur stepped up into the only sack for the night. Not that there wasn't a lot of pressure, but he didn't need to do that.
Shilo is going to get at least 3 late hit out of bounds penalties this year.
MVC or whomever the refs were don't seem to know what holding is.
Travis gets away with pushing off. A lot. And not even on the 2nd TD - where he was being held (see comment above).
Charlie can't pick up a blitz.
I think somehow Horn got even faster this year.
Brown should not be starting at RT.

Edit: Mata is NOT a P4 kicker

Mata is bad and he might cost us a game.
How do we not have anyone better?

Mata is bad and he might cost us a game.
How do we not have anyone better?
I don't think Mara is as good as we need and yes could eventually cost us a game.

That said on a couple of his kicks yesterday that were low wobblers it looked as if the snaps weren't great resulting in less than ideal holds.

Whole placekicking game needs to get better.

We joke about "college kicker" but the chances of it being us on the losing end because of it are more than I like.

Woods led us in tackles!
For perspective: we used to keep defensive tackle stats as F2F (face to face) and TD (track down) tackles. F2F tackles were worth .5 more than TD tackles on player game ratings. I would guess 90% of Woods' tackles last night were TD.

The scheduling is far from ideal.

I'm willing to cut Rick some slack on it though. It was all done at a time when we really sucked, we didn't have a lot of good options and every dollar mattered.

Broken record but blame a lot of this on Dr. Phil and his band of clowns. CU didn't take football seriously and to a degree Rick's hands were tied.

Thankfully that nightmare is over. Now let's see what Rick does with Todd Saliman setting the tone and Dr. Phil out of the picture.

Do keep in mind that because of the scheduling CU was again the marquee game on the opening night of full schedule college football. If we had been playing UTEP or Northern Colorado we wouldn't have been. Disaster if we lose but we didn't.
Looking ahead and future schedules aren't nearly as bad. Next year all three OOC games against Ga Tech, Delaware and Wyoming are ar home. 2026 GA Tech and Northwestern on the road and then 2027 Colgate, Northwestern and Northern Illinois all at home.
Obviously GA Tech could be a problem but that's about it.

This is not meant negatively at all:

Watching the replay just now, I noticed (8:22 left in the 1st half) that BJ Green has fairly large symbols burnt into his left upper arm. That causes really serious pain, and this is one tough man.

We moved from 217 on the east to 104 on the west. The number of NDSU fans there and in Balch was irritating as hell.
Get used to seeing many more fans of the opponent coming to Boulder now that CU is back in the Big 12.
Remember, they are much more engaged in football than the majority of the PAC12 schools.

Looking ahead and future schedules aren't nearly as bad. Next year all three OOC games against Ga Tech, Delaware and Wyoming are ar home. 2026 GA Tech and Northwestern on the road and then 2027 Colgate, Northwestern and Northern Illinois all at home.
Obviously GA Tech could be a problem but that's about it.
Having more than 1 OOC game on the road is unacceptable and stupid

You gotta be ****ting me. Why would I find a reason to hate on a player?

I think Trevor is awesome but he struggled in pass pro most of the night. Sorry that offends you

So he was the 2nd best tackler, best pass rusher, and 7th best run defender (assuming I got each category correct). Seems like his overall grade was essentially tanked by his coverage grade, which I assume was skewed from the first drive blown coverage.

Doesn’t seem like his day was quite as bad as you and others are making it out to be.

Back