What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp/Summer Workouts Thread

Just another fun video from beginning to end. Sometimes the mid-week stuff lacks some energy but not today. Biggest thing I noticed is that Brandon Davis-Swain no longer looks like a freshman. Added serious weight and muscle since his early arrival.

I hope he didn't add much weight. Kid was already 265.

247 put out a free article on where the top 20 DL and edge rushers in the portal ended up. They have 3 CU Buffs on the list:

#18 DL BJ Green
All-Pac-12 defensive lineman BJ Green was en route to Washington before Kalen DeBoer left to take the Alabama job, and after the coaching change, he flipped his commitment to Colorado. The trenches were a major offseason area of need for Deion Sanders and the Buffaloes, and Green offers ready-made playmaking ability to a unit that could use a veteran presence like his own. He played in 36 games throughout his Arizona State career and started all 12 contests last season, racking up 11.5 tackles for loss and six sacks in his best year of college football to date.

#14 DL Quency Wiggins
Quency Wiggins was a significant loss for LSU and perhaps an even bigger gain for Colorado. The rising defensive lineman left a noticeable hole in a Tigers defensive front that needs to take a step forward this season, but he also fills a similar need for the Buffaloes. The sample size on his production is still quite modest as Wiggins played in nine games with no starts as a true freshman last season at LSU, but across his seven tackles and one stop behind the line of scrimmage, he showed the disruptiveness that comes with a seven-foot wingspan.

#11 DL Samuel Okunlola
Colorado again put together a massive transfer class and picked up a gem in Samuel Okunlola. The former Pittsburgh lineman is the crown jewel of Deion Sanders' second portal haul, and while he alone would bring improvement to the Buffaloes' defensive play, he also projects to get plenty of help from his fellow newcomers on the front seven. Okunlola tied for the team lead in sacks last season at Pittsburgh with five and still has three years of eligibility remaining as a budding star.

Wild they don’t even have Dayon Hayes in here. Not meant to criticize just illustrating how much we improved that room.

247 put out a free article on where the top 20 DL and edge rushers in the portal ended up. They have 3 CU Buffs on the list:

#18 DL BJ Green
All-Pac-12 defensive lineman BJ Green was en route to Washington before Kalen DeBoer left to take the Alabama job, and after the coaching change, he flipped his commitment to Colorado. The trenches were a major offseason area of need for Deion Sanders and the Buffaloes, and Green offers ready-made playmaking ability to a unit that could use a veteran presence like his own. He played in 36 games throughout his Arizona State career and started all 12 contests last season, racking up 11.5 tackles for loss and six sacks in his best year of college football to date.

#14 DL Quency Wiggins
Quency Wiggins was a significant loss for LSU and perhaps an even bigger gain for Colorado. The rising defensive lineman left a noticeable hole in a Tigers defensive front that needs to take a step forward this season, but he also fills a similar need for the Buffaloes. The sample size on his production is still quite modest as Wiggins played in nine games with no starts as a true freshman last season at LSU, but across his seven tackles and one stop behind the line of scrimmage, he showed the disruptiveness that comes with a seven-foot wingspan.

#11 DL Samuel Okunlola
Colorado again put together a massive transfer class and picked up a gem in Samuel Okunlola. The former Pittsburgh lineman is the crown jewel of Deion Sanders' second portal haul, and while he alone would bring improvement to the Buffaloes' defensive play, he also projects to get plenty of help from his fellow newcomers on the front seven. Okunlola tied for the team lead in sacks last season at Pittsburgh with five and still has three years of eligibility remaining as a budding star.

Wild they don’t even have Dayon Hayes in here. Not meant to criticize just illustrating how much we improved that room.
LB is my biggest worry at this point.

Disruption won’t really matter if all the short and dump-off routes over the middle are wide open.

Just another fun video from beginning to end. Sometimes the mid-week stuff lacks some energy but not today. Biggest thing I noticed is that Brandon Davis-Swain no longer looks like a freshman. Added serious weight and muscle since his early arrival.

If I am seeing that right Travis is power cleaning about 285#. That is pretty impressive for a guy listed at 185#.

Worth repeating but people need to remember that Prime has only been a college coach for 4 years, not just including head coaching time but time as a coach with a college team is 4 years. At the P4 level he has been a coach for exactly 1 year.

Good thing is that he is a very fast learner and a lot of the changes we are seeing are what you see from a guy who is willing to learn and apply it.

What made Prime one of the best players in NFL history was not that he was a superior athlete (though he was,) it was that he was always working to be the best prepared player on the field. When he made a mistake he learned from it and it wasn't a mistake again.

He's doing the same thing in Boulder with this football team.

Looking back I think he knew that Lewis wasn't a fit for what he wanted to do but he wanted someone on his staff who had success as a head coach at the college level. He figured out that it didn't work so Lewis is gone.

O'Boyle (BOB) came with Lewis and it became obvious that what he was doing wasn't going to work. It was also obvious that his recruiting was at the level the Prime needed and expected.

When Shurmur became available Prime knew he was a guy who understood preparation and coaching. He had him around last year and was able to elevate him with confidence because he knows who he is and that they are on the same though process.

A huge hire (no pun intended) that I think will be looked back at as a key is Phil Loadholt. Everything I see with him is that he has a deep understanding of offensive line play and an ability to connect and communicate with his players. His NFL success gives him credibility with these guys. It also gives him credibility on the recruiting trail (along with the fact that most recruits aren't use to seeing somebody bigger than they are.) Our increased success in recruiting high school linemen isn't an accident. Our significantly improved OL play this year won't be either.

Prime is still going to make some mistakes. Guys who have been coaching for 25 years make mistakes, but Prime is going up the learning curve fast and his staff decisions reflect that. It seems like he is loving the challenge.

My biggest reason Loadholt is a A+ success is how big he is.

You have a 6’7” monster OL recruit, who is 17-18YO and for the first time in his life he has a coach who is his size and understands life as a big man.

pair that with his NFL and college achievements and his top notch personality, I think we have a top 5 OL Coach that stays in Boulder with prime for the next decade.

it’s a very elementary reason, but it makes a lot of sense

I think it’s a big reason we are super successful with these 6’7”+ OL recruits. They see Phil as a man that can truly coach them vs a small 5’10” 200lbs OLcoach trying to lecture them on technique and scheme.

I guess this can go here. Personally, I think this foreshadows great things for the BUFFS!!!

Finebaum thinks anything outside of SEC country, maybe ACC and a couple B1G states, lack anything worth paying attention to in terms of football. He is an SEC hack and even the other SEC hacks know that.

jack black douche GIF

Finebaum thinks anything outside of SEC country, maybe ACC and a couple B1G states, lack anything worth paying attention to in terms of football. He is an SEC hack and even the other SEC hacks know that.

There have to be those Haters out there... Finebum only made the Annual Photo flip!

Ice T sort of bugged me in this skit ("Man you: Corny"), however, the Haters (aka Stars) really showed out.

Last edited:
I just don't get how the same people can say "yeah, they'll have the best player on the field on both sides of ball, and one of them at the most important position on the field, but they will finish 11th in the conference."

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
I think the answer is no one knows who is on each team during in the transfer portal era and sports journalists are notoriously lazy.

I think the answer is no one knows who is on each team during in the transfer portal era and sports journalists are notoriously lazy.
I think the answer is that we are going to probably one of the most racist conferences besides the SEC and everyone, and I mean everyone wants us and especially "PRIME" to fail miserably and go back to sucking. Fukk em all

I think the answer is that we are going to probably one of the most racist conferences besides the SEC and everyone, and I mean everyone wants us and especially "PRIME" to fail miserably and go back to sucking. Fukk em all

That's why beating SEC teams in the CFP would be so sweet.

This is certainly a part of it. A lot of the established media in the conference want nothing more than for Prime (and in private they might call him an uppity __________ with the blank a word I won't use) to fail and their good ol' boys to push him down.

Second part as mentioned by J.R. is that sportswriters tend to be lazy. Considering that those of us here who follow the team closely don't have a great idea of what we are going to see other that the big names those guys have no clue what they will be dealing with. Last year we had a bunch of transfers in and out and a lot of attention but after a great start quickly fell completely apart.

Bringing us to the third part. A lot of outside expectations are based on what we were last year. We had skill position guys but were completely destroyed by P5 teams in the trenches. I expect us to be much better on the line of scrimmage. We have much better talent, a much better OL coach, and an OC who won't be overwhelmed by P5 opponents and their coaches. Now we have to prove it.

I'd much rather they expect us to be bad and we prove them wrong than the opposite with us failing to meet high expectations.

Last edited:
I just don't get how the same people can say "yeah, they'll have the best player on the field on both sides of ball, and one of them at the most important position on the field, but they will finish 11th in the conference."

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
And that's before you even get to the fact that we are projected to have a Top Ten NFL Draft pick, at least, at QB. I guess certain members of the media have determined that the QB position is not as important as everyone says it is.

It has been interesting watching social media slobber Matt Rhule and go after Coach Prime.

Fascinating stuff

Last edited:
Back