What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2025 MBB Recruit Profile Index

I'm assuming Da Lama just being pessimistic that a down-season may bring lesser quality recruits? Which obviously is not guaranteed. If anything being in Big12 may attract a higher level of recruits, and more interest from Mid-West & deep Texas classes? Plus, '25s will start signing this Fall & not wait until next season is over.

Burries on 247 Composite's 13 nationally & Flemings 35 are similar to where Cody & Trent Perry were - but Tad said they're going for a couple home runs every year.

Others are squarely in Tad's usual range (all these guys has article saying CU expressed some interest or is recruiting them- including Green, Nwuli, Rathan-Mayes):

56 Bartlett
109 Bynum
110 Rencher
113 Odih
161 Akuentok
184 Simcoe (due to rise?)
205 Muldrew (due to rise?)
179 on 247/not on composite yet: Josiah Sanders (due to rise?)

Tad recruiting a great Da Lama type: no national rating, so Da Lama can keep up the “poor-me; the Buffs will always suck” mode.

Your writing is at a 5th grade level, so it makes sense your comprehension skills are as well. Let me break it down for you in bullet points then.
- The Buffs do not suck. They have been a good program in a decent conference for a while.
- The Buffs LOST EVERY 2023-2024 STARTER.
- None of the replacements are anywhere near as good or experienced as those that are gone.
- Two of our likely starters next year have only played against D2 and NAIA basketball competition, respectively
- The Buffs are entering arguably the best CBB conference in the country.
- Eight of the teams in the conference will beat us home and away next year.
- Our 2024 non-conference schedule is as difficult as it's ever been in the Boyle era.
- We have no real leader on this team. This has been confirmed by Tad.
- We have jacksh!t in MBB NIL compared to most schools in the nation.

So, if we're being honest this does not bode well for the success of the 24-25 team which will therefore have a significant impact on recruiting success in the aftermath of the season. Acting like we'll honestly be in the mix for any player ranked in the Top 200 is a pipe dream.

I get frustrated with Tad, but I do think he's a great coach when he has the right players on the roster. That said, I don't believe we have the right players on the roster for success in 24-25. This has to do with an absolutely tragic backcourt situation, inexperience throughout the roster (much of which is Tad's own fault) and a schedule that is going to be absolutely brutal.

I love the Buffs. They will never suck in my eyes, but next season is likely going to be ROUGH.

If we had a PG (or 3... maybe we should recruit a few of those every year...) I'd feel better about next year.

Tad recruiting a great Da Lama type: no national rating, so Da Lama can keep up the “poor-me; the Buffs will always suck” mode.

I do apologize, Da Lama! That's not really in my values to dis someone like I just did!

Especially, since you-all have watched me go from listing 30+ guys that barely showed any CU interest on Twitter, down to current LUCKY-13 that have actually had news article about CU interest in them on 1 of 3 major recruiting sites! So you had every reason to think I was just listing more of who I was interested in myself!

But Tad usually may only have a dozen interests (by November signing period) with a half-a-dozen offers in slow year. With at-least 5 openings in '25, I'm guessing CU could have 2 dozen interests & a dozen plus offers by this time next year- if we don't get most of our top choices by November?

Personally, I'm hoping Danny Manning takes care of business & get's us #6/ #8 in the country (from Georgia) below!
Pt@1 Kingston Flemings (Muldrew more realistic?)
BigComboG@1/2 Josiah Sanders
2/3 WIngs: Odih & Rencher
BigWings@3/4:: Bynum & Simcoe - OR TILLER!!!!
OwnThePaint@5: Tee Bartlett

Your writing is at a 5th grade level, so it makes sense your comprehension skills are as well. Let me break it down for you in bullet points then.
- The Buffs do not suck. They have been a good program in a decent conference for a while.
- None of the replacements are anywhere near as good or experienced as those that are gone.
- Two of our likely starters next year have only played against D2 and NAIA basketball competition, respectively
- Our 2024 non-conference schedule is as difficult as it's ever been in the Boyle era.

So, if we're being honest this does not bode well for the success of the 24-25 team which will therefore have a significant impact on recruiting success in the aftermath of the season. Acting like we'll honestly be in the mix for any player ranked in the Top 200 is a pipe dream.

I get frustrated with Tad, but I do think he's a great coach when he has the right players on the roster. That said, I don't believe we have the right players on the roster for success in 24-25. This has to do with an absolutely tragic backcourt situation, inexperience throughout the roster (much of which is Tad's own fault) and a schedule that is going to be absolutely brutal.

I love the Buffs. They will never suck in my eyes, but next season is likely going to be ROUGH.
I would take the time to read this, but Da Lama's comprehension skills are not worth my time! But do dis-respect meant!

Can we be honest here? We can post all we want about 2025 prospects in the mix right now, but given that our 24-25 campaign looks to be mediocre at best, a bloodbath at worst, this list and the types of players we're in on is going to change drastically.
On years that Tad has at least 4-5 open spots (like this coming year), there's usually no more than 20-24 guys that media reports Tad as interest in. With Tad usually giving out maybe a dozen offers & getting half of them, I really don't think who he goes after is going to change much. Most of these rising seniors are not going to be waiting until May of next year! They'll start signing in Fall/ November signing period/ Dec. Though some that are just now getting National attention-like Josiah Sanders- may wait a bit longer. Since some teams are just offering them now. A bad season doesn't mean Tad suddenly goes for 2 star guys! He'll stay w/ high 3-low 4 star guys: in the 75-125 range, or 50-150 range- if you want to be more comprensive in stating his typical range. Since Tad said they've started taking a few more swings to the fences the last couple years- they've (surprisingly to me) been reported to have more interest from guys above 50. But those guys seem more unlikely: ie: Burries, Flemings, & Tiller?!! But Nwuli is Top 25-50 range; Bartlett Top-50; Rencher Top-75; Bynum Top-100; Simcoe may rise to Top-120 or so. All those guys seem like real possibilities. But we need to get visits from recent offers to Odih & Mudlrew- as they (and Sanders) will probably all 3 be steals in the 50-100 range?

The following is the latest on CU recruits and a few fall visits scheduled:

Odih #55 on On3:

Courland up to 4-Stars and #113 on Rivals:

Colorado will land another class of every player being a top 150 type for the '25 class. Remember, early signing period for basketball is basically right at the start of the season.

If you want to say iur '24 season will negatively impact recruiting, it'll be for '26, not '25.

From 247 Sports article below:
Even though he’s currently ranked No. 90 overall in the class of 2025, Jalin Holland is somebody that not too many are familiar with just yet. Playing with ABC Prep out of New Mexico, he looked to back up his lofty status. He’s a strong wing who has actually leaned up a bit since we saw him in the summer and he looked to be taking his overall ball skills to a new, higher level and acquitted himself nicely. Missouri, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, TCU and Washington State have all offered early and he had some others like LSU and Texas Tech checking in on him out in Vegas.
Another player that 247Sports recently ranked as a four-star prospect in the class of 2025 is shooting guard Jalin Holland out of New Mexico. Playing with ABC Spotlight, Holland impressed with his body control on drives, the ability to play through contact thanks to a strong body and ability to set himself up for open jumpers. That jump shot looks good mechanically but wasn’t necessarily dropping. He’s going to be interesting to watch over the next year to see what level ends up being most appropriate for him. He’s got offers from the likes of Missouri, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, Southern Utah, TCU and more. Previous From:

Still seems like we're in good place for:
Guards:
-Josiah Sanders: future starter at Pt, elite size & down-hill driving, tough & good shooting.
-Courtland Muldrew: ComboG also w/ elite down-hill driving & decent toughs, takes & makes tough shots.
-Jalin Holland - good size, toughness, defense improving, his elite skill may be shooting.
Wings:
-Kelvin Odih - blowing up, but says he "loves" Colorado. Elite toughness & down-hill driving. At 6'4 & long, he could play 1-3 spots, but likely more at 3?
-Chris Nwuli - 6'7, early interest w/ Rick Ray. He seems to be coming back around to CU. He's a beast in the open-court & on D, & under-rated scorer!
PF:
Michael Simcoe - amazingly still mostly under the radar, as 6'8 tough, elite 3-Pt shot & motor, good D & Rbding. Seems like CU still top team for him?
Bigs:
Nate Garcia - I'm a little disappointed in this visit, but Tad seems to find diamonds in the rough? And at 250 pounds, he has the size we'll need paired w/ Dak?
Marial Akuentok - seems more Tad's style: 6'10 220 D-Oriented, mobile, good rim protector & rebounding, scoring improving. Currently been playing on Canadian U18 team, but had couple DNP, Coaches Decision-as starting Center? (Wing Tyrus Rathan-Mayes on team also; but his interest in CU seems to have dropped off).

Too much of a stretch for CU?
Kingston Flemings - elite true Floor General, seems to at-least be listening to CU, making Olympic U17 team leaves him in Colorado Springs for awhile-for CU to stay in his ear? He, Sanders & Muldrew would give Goose the 3 point-guard class that he desires (& would just rock our Buffs world!).
Amare Bynum - 1st '25 offer just never has seemed that interested in CU, but great fit for 5-Out O, as says he's a Wing@3 (not big), elite size/scoring/length.
Jasir Rencher - seems like tough get, but he's just the perfect mold for 2-way tough Big-12 Wing at 6'6, pushing 6'7, go-to-scorer-type?
Tee Barlett's early interest in CU seems to have dropped off, but said he wanted to visit- so if that happens, it could change things? Elite D & Paint Scorer.

Next Up/ 3rd Options?
Jayden Leverett - 6'10 205, listed CU as 1 of his first High-Major interests, but just starting to get some national recruiting interest. So maybe waits to sign?
O'Marion Harvey- Chris Nwuli-LITE? Tough ComboF, Open-Court & D-Focus, but his shooting blowing up on O recently (like Nwuli did this time last year).

Back