What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2025 MBB Recruit Profile Index

I'm assuming Da Lama just being pessimistic that a down-season may bring lesser quality recruits? Which obviously is not guaranteed. If anything being in Big12 may attract a higher level of recruits, and more interest from Mid-West & deep Texas classes? Plus, '25s will start signing this Fall & not wait until next season is over.

Burries on 247 Composite's 13 nationally & Flemings 35 are similar to where Cody & Trent Perry were - but Tad said they're going for a couple home runs every year.

Others are squarely in Tad's usual range (all these guys has article saying CU expressed some interest or is recruiting them- including Green, Nwuli, Rathan-Mayes):

56 Bartlett
109 Bynum
110 Rencher
113 Odih
161 Akuentok
184 Simcoe (due to rise?)
205 Muldrew (due to rise?)
179 on 247/not on composite yet: Josiah Sanders (due to rise?)

Tad recruiting a great Da Lama type: no national rating, so Da Lama can keep up the “poor-me; the Buffs will always suck” mode.

Your writing is at a 5th grade level, so it makes sense your comprehension skills are as well. Let me break it down for you in bullet points then.
- The Buffs do not suck. They have been a good program in a decent conference for a while.
- The Buffs LOST EVERY 2023-2024 STARTER.
- None of the replacements are anywhere near as good or experienced as those that are gone.
- Two of our likely starters next year have only played against D2 and NAIA basketball competition, respectively
- The Buffs are entering arguably the best CBB conference in the country.
- Eight of the teams in the conference will beat us home and away next year.
- Our 2024 non-conference schedule is as difficult as it's ever been in the Boyle era.
- We have no real leader on this team. This has been confirmed by Tad.
- We have jacksh!t in MBB NIL compared to most schools in the nation.

So, if we're being honest this does not bode well for the success of the 24-25 team which will therefore have a significant impact on recruiting success in the aftermath of the season. Acting like we'll honestly be in the mix for any player ranked in the Top 200 is a pipe dream.

I get frustrated with Tad, but I do think he's a great coach when he has the right players on the roster. That said, I don't believe we have the right players on the roster for success in 24-25. This has to do with an absolutely tragic backcourt situation, inexperience throughout the roster (much of which is Tad's own fault) and a schedule that is going to be absolutely brutal.

I love the Buffs. They will never suck in my eyes, but next season is likely going to be ROUGH.

If we had a PG (or 3... maybe we should recruit a few of those every year...) I'd feel better about next year.

Tad recruiting a great Da Lama type: no national rating, so Da Lama can keep up the “poor-me; the Buffs will always suck” mode.

I do apologize, Da Lama! That's not really in my values to dis someone like I just did!

Especially, since you-all have watched me go from listing 30+ guys that barely showed any CU interest on Twitter, down to current LUCKY-13 that have actually had news article about CU interest in them on 1 of 3 major recruiting sites! So you had every reason to think I was just listing more of who I was interested in myself!

But Tad usually may only have a dozen interests (by November signing period) with a half-a-dozen offers in slow year. With at-least 5 openings in '25, I'm guessing CU could have 2 dozen interests & a dozen plus offers by this time next year- if we don't get most of our top choices by November?

Personally, I'm hoping Danny Manning takes care of business & get's us #6/ #8 in the country (from Georgia) below!
Pt@1 Kingston Flemings (Muldrew more realistic?)
BigComboG@1/2 Josiah Sanders
2/3 WIngs: Odih & Rencher
BigWings@3/4:: Bynum & Simcoe - OR TILLER!!!!
OwnThePaint@5: Tee Bartlett

Your writing is at a 5th grade level, so it makes sense your comprehension skills are as well. Let me break it down for you in bullet points then.
- The Buffs do not suck. They have been a good program in a decent conference for a while.
- None of the replacements are anywhere near as good or experienced as those that are gone.
- Two of our likely starters next year have only played against D2 and NAIA basketball competition, respectively
- Our 2024 non-conference schedule is as difficult as it's ever been in the Boyle era.

So, if we're being honest this does not bode well for the success of the 24-25 team which will therefore have a significant impact on recruiting success in the aftermath of the season. Acting like we'll honestly be in the mix for any player ranked in the Top 200 is a pipe dream.

I get frustrated with Tad, but I do think he's a great coach when he has the right players on the roster. That said, I don't believe we have the right players on the roster for success in 24-25. This has to do with an absolutely tragic backcourt situation, inexperience throughout the roster (much of which is Tad's own fault) and a schedule that is going to be absolutely brutal.

I love the Buffs. They will never suck in my eyes, but next season is likely going to be ROUGH.
I would take the time to read this, but Da Lama's comprehension skills are not worth my time! But do dis-respect meant!

Can we be honest here? We can post all we want about 2025 prospects in the mix right now, but given that our 24-25 campaign looks to be mediocre at best, a bloodbath at worst, this list and the types of players we're in on is going to change drastically.
On years that Tad has at least 4-5 open spots (like this coming year), there's usually no more than 20-24 guys that media reports Tad as interest in. With Tad usually giving out maybe a dozen offers & getting half of them, I really don't think who he goes after is going to change much. Most of these rising seniors are not going to be waiting until May of next year! They'll start signing in Fall/ November signing period/ Dec. Though some that are just now getting National attention-like Josiah Sanders- may wait a bit longer. Since some teams are just offering them now. A bad season doesn't mean Tad suddenly goes for 2 star guys! He'll stay w/ high 3-low 4 star guys: in the 75-125 range, or 50-150 range- if you want to be more comprensive in stating his typical range. Since Tad said they've started taking a few more swings to the fences the last couple years- they've (surprisingly to me) been reported to have more interest from guys above 50. But those guys seem more unlikely: ie: Burries, Flemings, & Tiller?!! But Nwuli is Top 25-50 range; Bartlett Top-50; Rencher Top-75; Bynum Top-100; Simcoe may rise to Top-120 or so. All those guys seem like real possibilities. But we need to get visits from recent offers to Odih & Mudlrew- as they (and Sanders) will probably all 3 be steals in the 50-100 range?

The following is the latest on CU recruits and a few fall visits scheduled:

Odih #55 on On3:

Courland up to 4-Stars and #113 on Rivals:

Colorado will land another class of every player being a top 150 type for the '25 class. Remember, early signing period for basketball is basically right at the start of the season.

If you want to say iur '24 season will negatively impact recruiting, it'll be for '26, not '25.

From 247 Sports article below:
Even though he’s currently ranked No. 90 overall in the class of 2025, Jalin Holland is somebody that not too many are familiar with just yet. Playing with ABC Prep out of New Mexico, he looked to back up his lofty status. He’s a strong wing who has actually leaned up a bit since we saw him in the summer and he looked to be taking his overall ball skills to a new, higher level and acquitted himself nicely. Missouri, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, TCU and Washington State have all offered early and he had some others like LSU and Texas Tech checking in on him out in Vegas.
Another player that 247Sports recently ranked as a four-star prospect in the class of 2025 is shooting guard Jalin Holland out of New Mexico. Playing with ABC Spotlight, Holland impressed with his body control on drives, the ability to play through contact thanks to a strong body and ability to set himself up for open jumpers. That jump shot looks good mechanically but wasn’t necessarily dropping. He’s going to be interesting to watch over the next year to see what level ends up being most appropriate for him. He’s got offers from the likes of Missouri, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, Southern Utah, TCU and more. Previous From:

Still seems like we're in good place for:
Guards:
-Josiah Sanders: future starter at Pt, elite size & down-hill driving, tough & good shooting.
-Courtland Muldrew: ComboG also w/ elite down-hill driving & decent toughs, takes & makes tough shots.
-Jalin Holland - good size, toughness, defense improving, his elite skill may be shooting.
Wings:
-Kelvin Odih - blowing up, but says he "loves" Colorado. Elite toughness & down-hill driving. At 6'4 & long, he could play 1-3 spots, but likely more at 3?
-Chris Nwuli - 6'7, early interest w/ Rick Ray. He seems to be coming back around to CU. He's a beast in the open-court & on D, & under-rated scorer!
PF:
Michael Simcoe - amazingly still mostly under the radar, as 6'8 tough, elite 3-Pt shot & motor, good D & Rbding. Seems like CU still top team for him?
Bigs:
Nate Garcia - I'm a little disappointed in this visit, but Tad seems to find diamonds in the rough? And at 250 pounds, he has the size we'll need paired w/ Dak?
Marial Akuentok - seems more Tad's style: 6'10 220 D-Oriented, mobile, good rim protector & rebounding, scoring improving. Currently been playing on Canadian U18 team, but had couple DNP, Coaches Decision-as starting Center? (Wing Tyrus Rathan-Mayes on team also; but his interest in CU seems to have dropped off).

Too much of a stretch for CU?
Kingston Flemings - elite true Floor General, seems to at-least be listening to CU, making Olympic U17 team leaves him in Colorado Springs for awhile-for CU to stay in his ear? He, Sanders & Muldrew would give Goose the 3 point-guard class that he desires (& would just rock our Buffs world!).
Amare Bynum - 1st '25 offer just never has seemed that interested in CU, but great fit for 5-Out O, as says he's a Wing@3 (not big), elite size/scoring/length.
Jasir Rencher - seems like tough get, but he's just the perfect mold for 2-way tough Big-12 Wing at 6'6, pushing 6'7, go-to-scorer-type?
Tee Barlett's early interest in CU seems to have dropped off, but said he wanted to visit- so if that happens, it could change things? Elite D & Paint Scorer.

Next Up/ 3rd Options?
Jayden Leverett - 6'10 205, listed CU as 1 of his first High-Major interests, but just starting to get some national recruiting interest. So maybe waits to sign?
O'Marion Harvey- Chris Nwuli-LITE? Tough ComboF, Open-Court & D-Focus, but his shooting blowing up on O recently (like Nwuli did this time last year).

Nate Garcia showing out against elite competition, makes me think Tad has found Diamond in the Rough @5 (still gotta think they’ll keep chasing Staton & Bartlett).

From: https://247sports.com/longformartic...make-the-most-of-day-three-233185223/#2437769

“NATE GARCIA IS BEAST IN THE PAINT​

12483291.jpg
Nate Garcia (Photo: Travis Branham, 247Sports)
After watching what Donovan Clingan and Zach Edey did this season, you can't help but be on the lookout for players in a similar mold. On the west coast, LA Verne (Calif.) Damien has a beast in the paint named Nate Garcia that stands 6-foof-10 with a rock solid 250-pound frame.
Garcia is easy to look over as he does lack mobility but he knows who he is and owns his role as a post-scorer and area rebounder. Garcia is unmovable on the block with his strength coupled with his tough and physical approach to the game. He also has a great pair of hands, very soft soft touch and good footwork on the block, scoring extremely efficiently in a variety of ways around the rim
Scoring and rebounding aren't all he brings to the floor either as passing is a real strength of his whether on the block or out of the high post.
The 2025 big man holds just two offers from UC Riverside and Cal Baptist and that ought to change this week. Garcia finished with 19 points, seven rebounds and six assists, shooting 8-of-9 from the field.”

“We have had the opportunity to watch La Verne (Calif.) Damien's 2025 big man Nate Garcia develop over time and with each outing we like him a little more. Pushing 7-feet, Garcia has to be one of the strongest post players in the class of 2025. And what he lacks in athletic pop, he more than makes up for with strength, ability to eat space, pinpoint passing and nasty edge. In terms of big men, he's as good of a passer as we've seen at Section 7. He kicks to shooters out of low post double teams, dumps it over the top for easy layups out of high low action and just never looks sped up. He catches everything, loves to be physical and it seems like his coaching crowd gets a little larger each time out. Colorado watched him a lot during the winter so it wasn't a surprise to see Tad Boyle taking a long look.”

Tad’s ‘25 Guys w/ Toughs needed for Big12:
PtG’s: Sanders & Muldrew
SG/ComboG: Holland
Wings: Odih & Rencher
BigWings: Simcoe & Nwuli (interest back?)
Bigs: Staton, Bartlett, Nate Garcia

Also love:
-O’Marion Harvey- Tough, All-around W/F
-6’7 PtG/W Xavier Wilson-long CU contact
-Kash Polk- 6’9 w/ 7’ length & 3Pt shot, under-the-radar as injured Junior Year.
-DJ Hall -shorter 6’6/6’7 225 pounds, girth could be 235 in a year. Inside/Out Offense.
-Juju Ervin’s brother Jacori just reclassified & moved to Phhoenix Prep, insane leaper, shoots 3 & puts it on deck. Someone’s steal!

Tad’s ‘25 Guys w/ Toughs needed for Big12:
PtG’s: Sanders & Muldrew
SG/ComboG: Holland
Wings: Odih & Rencher
BigWings: Simcoe & Nwuli (interest back?)
Bigs: Staton, Bartlett, Nate Garcia

Also love:
-O’Marion Harvey- Tough, All-around W/F
-6’7 PtG/W Xavier Wilson-long CU contact
-Kash Polk- 6’9 w/ 7’ length & 3Pt shot, under-the-radar as injured Junior Year.
-DJ Hall -shorter 6’6/6’7 225 pounds, girth could be 235 in a year. Inside/Out Offense.
-Juju Ervin’s brother Jacori just reclassified & moved to Phhoenix Prep, insane leaper, shoots 3 & puts it on deck. Someone’s steal!
Seems we’ll get our Big (Nate Garcia?)& couple Pt/Combo Guards, but Wings?

WHAT DO U THINK TAD MOST NEEDS?
1) Odih/Rencher Great Big12 3-Spot fits!
2) Nwuli/Simcoe 3/4-Spots w/ Rancik/Diop?
3) If not D & Elite Open-Court of Nwuli, O’Marion Harvey brings similar D/scoring?
4) If not Shooting/motor of Simcoe, Kash Polk brings elite length & shooting?
5) DJ Hall-bigger/stronger J’Vonne Hadley-type, Inside/out scorer, Tad likes archetype?
6) Xavier Wilson-6’7 & long, ComboG/Wing, elite positionless-like Andrew Crawford?

#3 Tough Luke O’Brien-type, Harvey lists himself as Guard, 6’7, could play 2-4 spots?

#4 Simcoe w/ better D/Rbding than Polk?

#5 DJ Hall blowing-up!
HALL AND HAYES DUEL IT OUT
11827448.jpeg

“We will start with Hall since his team came out on top. A 6-foot-6 skilled four-man with an excellent winning pedigree, Hall operated on the perimeter more than I had ever seen him in past times watching him.
He knocked down a couple of threes, instinctually threaded the needle with great feel and vision, and comfortably scored with touch around the rim.
His hands and toughness combined with the desire to be vocal are traits that translate well to winning programs with highly-regarded cultures.
Hall's recruitment will be field with upper-end mid-major flavor in the coming days. He says Colorado State and Loyolo-Chicago are two programs that have shown great interest in his game.“
“Coming off an undefeated state championship season in one of the toughest divisions in high school basketball, three-star forward DJ Hall continues to raise his profile running with Southern Assault. In a heavily spectated match against one of the best teams on the circuit, Team Loaded (VA), Hall found ways to contribute scoring inside the paint and out. While he is undersized with a heavier build, Hall has excellent touch and proved to be a great producer against translatable size and high-level competition.”

#6 Don’t know if early CU-contact continued, but does what-ever is needed to win.

Why are you so hung up on some zero star, nothing recruit?
My first response on this board to Nate Garcia is I was “disappointed” w/ his visit. But he did show-out against elite competition at Section 7. But you are right, I should be celebrating losing Garcia. He just didn’t have the mobility we need at 5.

Again, feels like we are in a good place with guards and wings, but less clear on Big:
1) Staton’s CU interest seems back. Says he wants to stay in college 4 years, and interested in mechanical engineering – which CU has top-14 program there, I think?
2) Tee’s interest may be waning. Still only big CU seems to be in with that has the elite girth of a Batty/Lamkin/Malone. Hate to lose him to ex-buff Kim English at Providence?
3) Marial Akuentok had early CU interest. Mobile, tough, D-oriented, improving jumper.
4) Jayden Leverett: CU 1 if 1st High Major offers, but blew-up late. So waits to sign?
5) LJ Andrews more stretch 4 at 6’7 215, but elite Mid & High post game w/ D & passing. CU seemed to have contact over year ago.
6) Jacori Ervin- just reclassified up to ‘25. 6’11, insane leaper/rim protector, great 3 Pt shooter. Repeats too much of Dak’s skills?

I think Tad liked that Garcia was 250, inside/out scorer, really good passer for 5-Out Offense. Tee only 1 I see w/ those skills?

Inman gets 5th '25 CU offer! Ian's got elite O, like Jalin Holland, but more 3 vs. Jalin @2?​

IAN INMAN - COOZ ELITE​

11847263.jpeg
(Photo: Brandon Jenkins, 247Sports)
Ian Inman is a prospect who caught our eye to close out the grassroots season last summer. His travel team, Cooz Elite, is known for playing at a fast pace; and through the chaos, Inman is composed in finding his own offense from all three scoring ranges.
He arrived this spring two inches taller at 6-foot-5 and while he was not at his best during our time watching him, he brings the positional size and offensive repertoire to make great noise on the recruiting scene. If he is at his best at the right time, we can expect offers to roll in for the product of The Woodlands (Texas) College Park.
Same team as Rathan-Maybes & Last years Zion Pipkin- who went to Wichita St, & Shockers may be biggest competition for Inman at this point?
Tyrus Rathan-Mayes and Ian Inman headline the offense playing on the 16U level. The younger brother of former Florida State guard Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Tyrus brings ideal size for the wing spot at 6-foot-5. His frame is already mature and he loves to get his offense going from behind the three-point arc.

With Inman, he has a frame that will likely sculpt well over the next few years. The 6-foot-3 scoring guard out of The Woodlands (Texas) College Park has a smooth knack for finding ways to get buckets. He is comfortable getting to his spots off the bounce and plays with a tremendous amount of aggression and confidence when looking to score from the perimeter.

CU seems to top choices for these guys, with main competition, via Twitter Universe?:
Josiah Sanders: Tennessee/Syracuse
Courtland Muldrew: LSU/Oklahoma/Mississippi St
Kelvin Odih: Marquette/Creighton/Rutgers/Houston
Tee Bartlett: Miami/Providence/Mississippi St
Michael Simcoe: Cal/Nevada/ASU
Jalin Holland: ASU/New Mexico/Texas
Ian Inman: Wichita St/Tulsa

If Not Tee:
Jayden Leverett: TCU/Oklahoma St/ UTEP
Marial Akuentok: Oregon

Stretches for CU to stay Top Team w/?:
Jasir Rencher: Minnesota/TX A&M/ TX Tech
A'Mare Bynum: Nebraska/Iowa St/ Iowa
Chris Nwuli: OhioSt/UCLA/Washington/ UNLV
Brayden Burries: Arizona/KU/BYU/ Stanford
Xavion Staton: Arizona/KU/Auburn/Washington/Ohio St

Parker Jefferson listing Colorado interest on ZagsBlog. Love to hear that, as he is really skilled 4/5 Big. Personally, want him & Tee, but realistically Tad takes 1 Big?

Parker Jefferson was another big man who was consistently productive through the first five games, showing an inside-out offensive game. He was poised in the post and able to operate with his back to the basket (including one particularly impressive drop-step dunk), but also showed some floor-spacing potential to the top of the key and some very long, Kevin Love style, outlet passes with soft touch.

-CU assistants seeing Utah Prospect’s Jalen Holland show-out at Rock Creek, SC:

-Hope CU coaches got to Peach Jam & Augusta, SC for Strive for Greatness’ Bartlett & Burries get beat by Boozer twins?

-Courtland Muldrew showing out at Peach Jam & his move to Virginia’s Oak Hill Academy maybe putting him out of reach?

-Probably prioritizing seeing Josiah Sanders at AAU Atlanta? 247-Sports said he was “1 of most polished guards” at last month’s Top-60 camp. Likely PtG starter as Frosh?

-Luckily most of CU recruits prepping at Utah, Arizona, Texas, & Kansas Sunrise Christian-with a couple more in mid-west/Missouri & couple Nevada/Cali guys.

-Exception for close prep ball is Connecticut’s Odih. In Indianapolis’s w/ AAU Rhode Island’s Elite; been playing on-ball & showing he can guard anyone on the court (after playing off-ball last year in prep).

-Ian Inman in Indianapolis this last weekend w/ Cooz Elite also. Grown few inches into SF recently, & has elite offensive game. He or Holland gives Buffs elite 3Pt shot/3 Level scorers- who can play some D too.

-6’10 Parker Jefferson give me more hope for 5-Spot-if don’t get Tee Bartlett! Parker w/ more developed Perimeter O & passsing than Tee, bit w/ good post games. But Tee just elite on D. Leverett & Akuentok w/ toughness & size, but probably need some time to develop their offensive games?

-Need at least 1 of our D-First guys: Tee, Odih, Nwuli? Guards & Wings still looking hopeful? Elite offense continues, especially w/ ‘25 6’8 Simcoe’s 3Pt-shot & elite O of ‘26 recruits: Gavin Placide, Katrelle Harmon, Bo Ogden, Hammond? ‘26 Top-5 Tajh Ariza may be too rich for us, but is Cody Williams-like! And Big w/ Tee or Jefferson’s O (Staton too rich?) may make CU more appealing to Colorado native 2028 7-footer Dylan Betts?

PS: Batty doesn’t have name recognition of All-Time-Great Danny Manning, but got to think our Big-development got more elite?

People forget Manning got 14 guys to pro in 4 years at Wake (one of the reasons his winning percentage wasn’t that great; guys kept leaving for overseas pros) plus he gets a lot of credit for KU’s NBA big-development when he was there. At-least we know Batty won’t be lured away as head-coach; like Manning could? Since The Mayor says he wants CU head-coaching job eventually! Need visits from Tee Barlett & Parker Jefferson!

Odih has Sept CU visit scheduled.

Also, CU watching Quentin Rhimes, another high-octane offensive player that can play 3- like Rencher, Holland & Ian Inman.

Back