What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Not listening to anyone. I watched him when he was with Nebraska. Very uninspiring. I admit I overlooked Mannion as he did put up some good numbers in a pass happy offense. Again I’m absolutely rooting for the guy

He's second all-time in Pac-10/12 passing yards, but keep listening to your ****er buddies.

Langsdorf isn’t a sexy hire, but I definitely like his ability to get some decent levels of production out of slightly above average QBs.

This is a great move. Langsdorf was a solid OC at OSU-and he's basically the type of profile I wanted in this spot given the inexperience at every other spot on that side of the ball. Pretty happy with the staff Karl Dorrell has put together to this point.

So how are we feeling this staff compares to Mel's?

I'm not sure we've actually taken that big of a hit, if we've taken one at all. I still worry about Chev at OC by himself, but Langsdorf makes me feel much better about that.

Langsdorf was the ideal profile for QB coach-he was a really successful OC/QB Coach at Oregon State. I set the Nebraska experience aside. As their Messiah (who just recruited his new OC out of a credit union) is figuring out, its a hard place to be successful. Perfect guy to for OC Chev and I'm sure his fingers will be all over this offense.

I think this staff is slightly better, honestly-Langsdorf, Wilson, and Martin (who takes over the guy I think may take the cake for the most anonymous AC in program history) are all MASSIVE upgrades. The jury's out on Embree (who has all kind of potential as a coach) and Rodrigue. I had four names on my must-keep list after Mel bolted-Kap (out of KD's control), Chev, Mick, and Hagan.......and three are still here. Feeling pretty good about where we sit going into spring ball!

Runzas is still the worst R word. I still want CU to be relentless in pursuing excellence and being competitive. Runzas, not so much.
According to a former work friend, Runzas are basically the krautburgers we had in the elementary school cafeteria. I always liked those, but never had a Runza.

I am really excite to have Wilson back at DL. If he gets that DL as nasty as McChesney thinks he can, it will also make our OL better as well!

Any word on how Special Teams will be coached?
Assign someone to be an STC or break it up amongst a few coaches?

Back