What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Robinson is at San Jose State now? Well, at least MacIntyre knows the number to call if we need the fallback of all fallbacks.

And that would be better than Baer. Same with Tenuta. Not our standard to be shooting for, but give them a 2-year deal and just turn the damn thing around before making a more attractive hire the next time.

Greg Robinson is at San Jose State now? Well, at least MacIntyre knows the number to call if we need the fallback of all fallbacks.

And that would be better than Baer. Same with Tenuta. Not our standard to be shooting for, but give them a 2-year deal and just turn the damn thing around before making a more attractive hire the next time.
you shut up... you shut up right now!

Not sure why people are turning to Clune as our fall back. 247 has no reported commits in his time with USU or Hawaii (while that isn't always 100% accurate, it's still pretty telling)

Not sticking up for Clune at all, but you can't conclude much from those listings. A lot of mods don't update them, and even if they wanted to it's hard to figure out who gets credit for which recruits if theyre talking with multiple coaches. Those are more for the blue chip recruits because they do so many updates, and then the sites can name a recruiter of the year or whatever.

Neg rep me all you want, but I like Tenuta-I had a friend play at Georgia Tech while he was their DC, so I got to see a fair amount of his defense. He's aggressive and he LOVES to blitz. I also like the way he blitzes. He overloads-which doesn't put his corners on as much of an island while still creating a numbers advantage on one side of the play.

When I look at the games against the dropback passers we played last year (Mannion and Cody Kessler especially)......They were able to drop back and go through multiple reads play after play too often.

Reactions: aik
Not sticking up for Clune at all, but you can't conclude much from those listings. A lot of mods don't update them, and even if they wanted to it's hard to figure out who gets credit for which recruits if theyre talking with multiple coaches. Those are more for the blue chip recruits because they do so many updates, and then the sites can name a recruiter of the year or whatever.

I understand that and that's why I said it isn't all that accurate but If he were the level of recruiter we needed, I'd hope it would at least show one. It's not like they don't even update it for some MWC coaches: http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeCoachRankings?Conference=M-West. Maybe I'm wrong and he's responsible for several of their recruits, either way it's hard to believe he'd fit the stellar recruiter role we want a "fallback hire" to fill.

I understand that and that's why I said it isn't all that accurate but If he were the level of recruiter we needed, I'd hope it would at least show one. It's not like they don't even update it for some MWC coaches: http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeCoachRankings?Conference=M-West. Maybe I'm wrong and he's responsible for several of their recruits, either way it's hard to believe he'd fit the stellar recruiter role we want a "fallback hire" to fill.

Yeah, the bigger question mark is he's never recruited for or been at a P5 school.

Neg rep me all you want, but I like Tenuta-I had a friend play at Georgia Tech while he was their DC, so I got to see a fair amount of his defense. He's aggressive and he LOVES to blitz. I also like the way he blitzes. He overloads-which doesn't put his corners on as much of an island while still creating a numbers advantage on one side of the play.

When I look at the games against the dropback passers we played last year (Mannion and Cody Kessler especially)......They were able to drop back and go through multiple reads play after play too often.

I like the sound of this. Still not loving Tenuta, but I may be able to warm up to him.

If we're gonna have a ****ty defense, at least be aggressive and attempt to disrupt/cause turnovers. The last few years of Baer, Greg Brown, and Collins. Ugh. That 2man rush vs Mizzou. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AND HE SAID HE'D DO IT AGAIN. WHAT THE HELL

Assuming the departure wasn't a surprise to MM and RG, this a bit of an embarrassment.
Did they totally misjudge candidates' interest again (a la Jones)?
Are we going to have to settle again, for the 5th or 6th choice (what was MM?)
Is this the karma due, from what SI and others called, "stabbing Embree in the back"

And now our great CU fans are making enough noise about Tad, that Woelk felt compelled to do a column in his defense yesterday.

wow

Assuming the departure wasn't a surprise to MM and RG, this a bit of an embarrassment.
Is this the karma due, from what SI and others called, "stabbing Embree in the back"

And now our great CU fans are making enough noise about Tad, that Woelk felt compelled to do a column in his defense yesterday.

wow

A bit of an embarrassment to who? Our program can't possibly get more embarrassing. Mike Leach knew he was going to fire their DC likely well before the season was over and now it's been well over a month since they fired Breske and they still haven't replaced him. Utah doesn't have a DC either and their coach even suggested he may not get one until Spring. Heck, LSU can throw money at anyone and they still haven't hired someone. We're not really that unique right now in this situation, no one's laughing at us more than usual.

A bit of an embarrassment to who? Our program can't possibly get more embarrassing. Mike Leach knew he was going to fire their DC likely well before the season was over and now it's been well over a month since they fired Breske and they still haven't replaced him. Utah doesn't have a DC either and their coach even suggested he may not get one until Spring. Heck, LSU can throw money at anyone and they still haven't hired someone. We're not really that unique right now in this situation, no one's laughing at us more than usual.

:stupid:
If the "list of 4" wouldn't have been leaked we wouldn't know squat, just like most of the programs and the freaking out would be at a low simmer.

Last edited:

I liked watching Virginia on defense in the two or so games I've seen and you sold me on him. I'd be fine with this one at this point.

wow

Were not a destination job for any existing DC. Which means, after being passed up by whomever our initial targets were, we've moved on to hiring a position coach with potential. it sucks, but we slit our own wrists many times and now we have big talent gaps and can't attract coaches. So, hopefully MM can make something magical happen and soon.

By the way, in terms of destination job, Neither is Utah or Wazzou. LSU, however, probably is.

wow

shut th **** up sly... seriously...

Matt McChesney says on Twitter that he's been offered a coaching position at CU.

User Actions
Follow

Matt McChesney@SixZeroStrength
I'm Humbled & Honored to receive an offer to join the coaching staff at CU. Currently negotiating & have some hard decisions to make. TORN.

We found our DC YAY. Young, hungry to learn, CU alum, NFL experience, solid ties to the state. Home run

Rescind the offer. You go to Twitter with that? Give me a freaking break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Now that you're signed and under contract Mr. McChesney, first order of business is to stop tweeting."-MM

Not knowing what type of position was offered, it's hard to evaluate what's going on.

I really don't like this becoming the Twitter version of "Being John Malkovich". I can do without "Being Matt McChesney" as he makes his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back