What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not knowing what type of position was offered, it's hard to evaluate what's going on.

I really don't like this becoming the Twitter version of "Being John Malkovich". I can do without "Being Matt McChesney" as he makes his decision.

If he can't keep his mouth shut about this, can you expect him to keep his mouth shut anytime?

I agree re that he shouldn't be tweeting this. Maybe it's just to let his current clients know how hard it is to leave them behind? (I think that would best come through a phone call to each one, but just trying to figure out why someone would use twitter for these messages).

if there is something positive from this, he certainly seems to use social media a lot and perhaps will be able to relate to the players on their level. Could that help male him get more buy in? (Hey, I'm Just trying to find some positive to this).

If he can't keep his mouth shut about this, can you expect him to keep his mouth shut anytime?

Welcome to 2015 people. ***** goes on twitter now. Our current coaches and players already use it. A lot. I really don't see what the big deal is. Is it a matter of national security who teaches our defensive ends to do front squats and box jumps?

Hope this is just the start of news coming in.
Also glad he is an assistant s&c coach not dl coach for now.

I don't know how this is even debatable.

McChesney ****ed up.

How? Are you aware of any discussion between Matt and Mac/RG regarding twitter? Don't you think that they are well aware that he is an active user and would even encourage it? How is this debate even an issue. Aren't we missing the forest for the trees here? Shouldn't the issue be whether he can help us?

It's a fair point that it was questionable to offer him from the beginning due to his outspoken nature and questionable Twitter use. I think many of us here were worried about that from the beginning. Things are definitely not running smoothly in Boulder right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How? Are you aware of any discussion between Matt and Mac/RG regarding twitter? Don't you think that they are well aware that he is an active user and would even encourage it? How is this debate even an issue. Aren't we missing the forest for the trees here? Shouldn't the issue be whether he can help us?

No. I am not aware of any discussion. So unless we're talking about the off-the-wall possibility that Mac/RG blessed the idea of Matt giving the program and SixZero some free publicity, then taking an in-progress negotiation to twitter is unprofessional.

No. I am not aware of any discussion. So unless we're talking about the off-the-wall possibility that Mac/RG blessed the idea of Matt giving the program and SixZero some free publicity, then taking an in-progress negotiation to twitter is unprofessional.

Absolutely. This is quite a f-up by our friend Matt. He never should have aired it on Twitter and would not be surprised if it is pulled.

If he's our next S&C coach I don't see the tweet being a big deal.

If he's our next DC I'll be pissed but ill :rofl2: because that seems to be where were at.

I don't think this adds to MacIntyre's list if he doesn't have a guy locked up yet, but here ya go.

[tweet]554437245751394304[/tweet]

And the resume for those curious (Clemson alum)
2013-present - North Carolina Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach
2012 - Arizona State Co-Defensive Coordinator
2010-11 - Illinois Outside Linebackers Coach/Special Teams
2009 - Tulsa Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
2005-08 - Clemson Outside Linebackers
2004 - Clemson Defensive Line Coach
1999-2003 - Clemson Offensive Line Coach
1997-98 - Tulane Offensive Line Coach
1993-96 - Baylor Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach
1986-92 - Louisiana-Lafayette Asst. Head Coach (1992)/Defensive Coordinator
1981-85 - Texas Tech Linebackers Coach/Offensive Line Coach/Special Teams
1980 - North Texas State Offensive Line Coach

It's a fair point that it was questionable to offer him from the beginning due to his outspoken nature and questionable Twitter use. I think many of us here were worried about that from the beginning. Things are definitely not running smoothly in Boulder right now.

Why? This is 2014. Quit being a sensitive bitch people. Strength coaches are supposed to be loud and push people. Not just be about some damn diploma. Good news if he is brought on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our DL/OL and LBs need some nasty. He is a good fit for that.

And in regards to DC, that will be made after NC game. I really think Oregon Secondary coach is a dark horse no one is even thinking about. Good fit!

Rather than debate Matt's use of social media, how about him as a fit for an assistant S&C coach? I don't know diddly about Six Zero, but it seems like he gets good results and the kids really like him. I liked him on his radio show. He is outspoken, but I like that about him. And he does know Colorado high school football.

One con to him that I see is that he would loudly criticize the former staffs for not recruiting Colorado kids and argued that the state regularly produces, I can't remember the numbers, but, like, 20 D1 players. He would argue that CU should go heavy on Colorado kids. He will have to back off that stance if he's on the staff.

I do realize that he had to tout Colorado kids for his business' sake.

Last edited:
can't believe some of you idiots are upset about a possible assistant s & c coach tweeting something. if ya all haven't noticed our in state recruiting sucks. we need matt. now if i was only smart enough to have gotten into a prestigious institution like ped state maybe i would be able to understand what all the fuss is. but no i was barely able to get into a sub par school, but at least we are a top 10 party school! maybe i killed too many brain cells at said school to properly understand this issue.

can't believe some of you idiots are upset about a possible assistant s & c coach tweeting something. if ya all haven't noticed our in state recruiting sucks. we need matt. now if i was only smart enough to have gotten into a prestigious institution like ped state maybe i would be able to understand what all the fuss is. but no i was barely able to get into a sub par school, but at least we are a top 10 party school! maybe i killed too many brain cells at said school to properly understand this issue.

Question not just for MCskid, but everyone else taking this stance: Do you think it is proper for a potential employee of a prominent institution to go to social media with sensitive employment negotiation information?

The bigger problem for me is this all screams "Look at me! Look at me!" The concern is MM's whole shtick may be centered on self promotion. This isn't the WWE.

Any response that says "say that to his face" is the worst take ever. Was that your go to response when people were critical of AP or Rice?

Why? This is 2014. Quit being a sensitive bitch people. Strength coaches are supposed to be loud and push people. Not just be about some damn diploma. Good news if he is brought on.

Be loud and push people in private. That was a self serving tweet. Absolutely nothing positive about it. It's an indication of poor judgement/character.

We can dispel the notion that he's our next DC, right? I mean, you're delusional if you actually think he'd be brought in for that role...

if he can still own the gym while being a member of staff then I see this as a tremendous win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back