What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Cincy @ CU—October 26 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

We seem much better suited for day games, and we've been way better on the road than at home for some reason. At the same time, this game is late for Cincinnati. It's gonna be a long, weird day for them, whereas we're kinda used to it by this point.

I think it's kind of on us. We continue the home (non)energy, it's a tough game we might lose. We somehow transfer the road energy back home, it should be an easy win.

I'll be nervous that we're gonna carry over the home energy until I see different.

I don't have much problem with the late start due to myself. The problem is that I have multiple season tickets for family who are usually asleep before 10pm.
I honestly can't envision a time in my life where I'll be in bed by 10 pm...especially if there's a special occasion/event planned for late.

You make time for that **** because thats what life is about.

Then you can appreciate young kids who go to bed around 8-9pm. Maybe even a wife who wants to be in bed by 10pm. Nik’s post was specifically saying it’s not a big deal to him, but rather the other members of his family who he has season tickets
I would never take my young kids to a game. I always had the benefit of living near my parents when they were little, and my parents are boring people who spend their weekends at home.

I do not love the late starts either, particularly. but, if this is the small price to pay for our ascendance back to glory, then cool, let's roll.

also, the visiting fans at the late games are generally not used to the altitude or the requirements of 12+ hours of pre game. they tend to behave badly when they try to keep up with the hometown folks.

I look forward to taking my son and daughter to CU games. 8:15 kicks will be tough though

I used to say stuff like this too. Then we go to a game and all I do is answer questions, take them to the bathroom, or buy them overpriced concessions. Plus tickets are $200 each minimum, so you really gotta decide if that is the best place to make $1000 of memories

Back