What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

“The room” meaning you? I’m confused. Most folks here are realists.

Being 6-6 would represent a nice marker of progress and would exceed expectations because our DL and OL are not good enough for 8+ wins.
Our DL is definitely good enough for 8 wins in this league and this schedule that is not nearly as hard as it initially appeared. The Big 12 is not very good and CU is among the top 5 programs in conference.

6 wins would be fine but underwhelming

16 missed tackles. NHG missed 6 tackles. Shilo missed 3. Giddens had 121 yac. KSU scheme is tough for our current grouping
This is only a few of Shilo's misses. I saw an analytical summary this .morning showing that Shilo's missed tackles and being out of position were personally responsible for 192 yards (i.e. showed him engaged 5 yards past the LOS, missed tackle or failure to touch the runner who wound up gaining 16 yards on the play = 11 yards was on Shilo).

“The room” meaning you? I’m confused. Most folks here are realists.

Being 6-6 would represent a nice marker of progress and would exceed expectations because our DL and OL are not good enough for 8+ wins.
Seaton is a true freshman
Brown is in year 1 at this level for starting
Hank is a true freshman just starting now
Harden first year starting as a a RS Soph
Houston has the most experience but he's a rotational piece. Not a true starter.

Outside of Chidozie and Green, it's a lot of freshmen and sophomores on the DL.

We are really young and inexperienced in the trenches

Houston has the most experience but he's a rotational piece. Not a true starter.

Very good point. It's crucial for CP to have a decent retention rate after this season.

Some of my fellow Buffs don’t know ball, so they just rattle off hopes instead of realities. You’re spot on.

Our DL is definitely good enough for 8 wins in this league and this schedule that is not nearly as hard as it initially appeared. The Big 12 is not very good and CU is among the top 5 programs in conference.

6 wins would be fine but underwhelming
Our DL is not good enough to win 8 games with this schedule.

CP and now CU know what they are in for. If we win 6 games and get a bowl, the pundits will be screaming that we underperformed. that is just how it goes when you put the spotlight on.

the list of all the young trench guys is a very good list--- we need these guys to stay and work together and develop. and then keep trying to upgrade across the board. I guess I would generically call that program development or culture building or something like that. I am not sure CP would like that description but we lost the game last night in the trenches. we didn't get our asses kicked in the trenches but when crunch time came, that is where the ksu coach had an edge... his program and what he and his staff want to do are further along than we are.

Zilinskas is a sophomore but I agree with your statement in the last sentence.

Utah and Oklahoma State in theory should be very tough games. It's a wide open Big 12 this year. Who would have thought BYU would be a Boss.
Cam Rising looked awful yesterday. I don’t know if Utah is anything more than a mediocre Big 12 team that does better than 7-5/8-4, and Oklahoma State has probably been the most disappointing team in the conference so far.

I just figure we've got 6 coin flips in front of us.
If CU loses to AZ, I expect the wheels to come off. This kind of looks like a team of soft showboats. Very talented showboats, but susceptible to being punched in the mouth by a lesser team.

Now, if they put it together like they did in Orlando, there isn't a team on the schedule they cannot beat. Do they have the heart? That is the question.

And you also take Shedeur and Travis away next year. There’s a chance we regress next year. Win now.

And you also take Shedeur and Travis away next year. There’s a chance we regress next year. Win now.
Travis hurts but that's not that bad. We got replacements for Travis. Shedeur, well that's a bigger issue. I still would like to replace 2 next year with a QB who's more of a dual threat and better at the RPO while at the same time, being able to make passes to our very talented group of wideouts.

I think we will be a better team next year. Replacing Hodge is a priority in the portal as well as NHG. Overall, getting a couple DTs in the portal will help as well. We are loaded with Edges. We don't need to hit the portal for Edges.

The OL should be a strength next year. As should the running game. We need to address TE and get a smaller route runner once Wester is gone. We don't have one outside of him. We got everything else. Replacing Mate should be a priority in the portal as well.

I think we got a chance to be very good next year. Definitely better than this year. 2 will be a major lost but he's way better for the NFL than college anyway like Mahomes

Travis hurts but that's not that bad. We got replacements for Travis. Shedeur, well that's a bigger issue. I still would like to replace 2 next year with a QB who's more of a dual threat and better at the RPO while at the same time, being able to make passes to our very talented group of wideouts.

I think we will be a better team next year. Replacing Hodge is a priority in the portal as well as NHG. Overall, getting a couple DTs in the portal will help as well. We are loaded with Edges. We don't need to hit the portal for Edges.

The OL should be a strength next year. As should the running game. We need to address TE and get a smaller route runner once Wester is gone. We don't have one outside of him. We got everything else. Replacing Mate should be a priority in the portal as well.

I think we got a chance to be very good next year. Definitely better than this year. 2 will be a major lost but he's way better for the NFL than college anyway like Mahomes
Maybe Mahones had the same issue going into the pros but it seems like Shedeur has issues recognizing pressure schemes pre-snap. Yes, he’ll be behind a better OL but the d schemes will also be more sophisticated. Maybe the right coach can help him

Cam Rising looked awful yesterday. I don’t know if Utah is anything more than a mediocre Big 12 team that does better than 7-5/8-4, and Oklahoma State has probably been the most disappointing team in the conference so far.
This Year...The Goal is for Colorado to be a Mediocre Big 12 Team with 6 to 8 wins....

The wheels are gettin wobbly on the Arizona Wildcat wagon and Brent Brennan is going to experience some career discomfort next year if things continue to slide.

It could be that expectations were too high but UofA sure looks weaker in reality than it did in its fans’ dreams 2 months ago.

They do play better at home than away but they’re very beatable regardless and if CU doesn’t do that it’s a bad sign.

If CU loses to AZ, I expect the wheels to come off. This kind of looks like a team of soft showboats. Very talented showboats, but susceptible to being punched in the mouth by a lesser team.

Now, if they put it together like they did in Orlando, there isn't a team on the schedule they cannot beat. Do they have the heart? That is the question.
If this team was soft, the wheels would have fallen off after the first half of Nebraska. Plenty of things to complain about for this team. Its toughness and resilience are not one of those things.

I actually think the offense won't miss Travis that much.

He's an outstanding receiver, but he's not a big play guy/home run threat.

Omarion Miller is a more explosive receiver than Travis.

I'd actually like to see Travis work out of the slot...but only if Miller was healthy. I think Travis would EAT out of the slot.

I actually think the offense won't miss Travis that much.

He's an outstanding receiver, but he's not a big play guy/home run threat.

Omarion Miller is a more explosive receiver than Travis.

I'd actually like to see Travis work out of the slot...but only if Miller was healthy. I think Travis would EAT out of the slot.
That's certainly a take.

As was stated...wheels would have come off after Nebraska if this team was soft.

Shedeur threw line under the bus after NU, and instead of sulking, the whole team responded by whipping CSU.

Back