What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Travis is a good receiver, but he doesn't make big plays. His best attribute is elite hands and short area quickness.

Omarion and Sheppard have both shown they're big play threats. Obviously Sheppard will be gone too.

No one outside the CU fan base considers Travis a top, top flight receiver.
Hunter is literally the 7th best WR per PFF. Trash take.

I can see Prime working out in later seasons after SS, SS and TH+ all leave. That will be his team to mold without any close connections. Does CU get this close to K-State without the players listed above? Not even close, we were a 1-11 roster in the Pac. We are miles better than last year too.

No doubt, Shilo's game was rough, and it is reasonable to question why he was back in so much after the layoff. It sort of reminded me of TH coming back against Stanford... TH is all world, but he was shaking off the rust during that game. Things went well with Stout, why not ease SS in?? But, then TH goes down, and they play their best 4-5 DBs, and SS is probably in anyways. That just football. With Hayes out we were down another guy. The D seemed either a guy short (playing 10 on 11) or a step slow all night, but they did make some good plays was well. Just off-balance and not good tackling, however they gave the O a chance to win or tie. We have to remember, K-State is a good team, with a great RB with more experienced coaches and players.

The O was rough as well, but we came back and had a shot to win. The balance from the last game was not present, however again injuries cropped up. That is football. We wonder about a Shurmer/game-plan without enough run, plays, or schemes to beat a good D? Posters saying to the effect that Sheduer is both the best QB, and can be his worst enemy also have some merit. That really depends on how much SS is calling audibles out of run, and into a pass with a limited pass protection scheme given the play change at the line. If they ran the run, would SS have a true pass play or roll out on the next play?? Who knows.... The positive from last night was the Oline was not exposed or destroyed--sure they gave up some plays, but nothing like last year. On some plays, I'm not sure if SS rolls into the sack or thinks he has more time rather than dumping the ball off/throwing it away.

As I look back at the game, perhaps the momentum was the O's final drive in the 2nd Q. IMO, sacks with substantial negative yardage really hurt the team. End of 2nd Q KSU scores, CU starts out well throwing to Sheppard, then a penalty, but they came through with a 2nd 1st down to the KSU 34--then: sack, reeling dump off, and basically another sack (intentional grounding) ending the half reeling. We were looking to close the half with a FG or better, however it ends bascially sacked at CU 45. In the 3rd Q, time of possesion immediately gets out of whack with K-State coming out with an 8 min TD drive. The D got 3 3rd downs, 1 4th D, and hurt KSU's QB, however their backup came through. CU responded quickly with a TD, then K-State gets a FG and TOP is 12 min-2 min. D got a huge INT and we take the lead, but KSU finally broke through. Maybe the D was gassed with players hurt... We still got the ball back and went out in 4 plays. Football is a cruel game.

Ideally, the team gets healthy and everyone learns from this. We have to win at home.

Travis is a good receiver, but he doesn't make big plays. His best attribute is elite hands and short area quickness.

Omarion and Sheppard have both shown they're big play threats. Obviously Sheppard will be gone too.

No one outside the CU fan base considers Travis a top, top flight receiver.
Most people say he’s an all American WR and would be a first round, if not top 5 pick, if he was just a WR.

Hunter is literally the 7th best WR per PFF. Trash take.
Again...do not bring up PFF ever again, if you want to be taken seriously. Where does Luther Burden rank? Genuine question because no matter where he's rated, he's still a better receiver than Travis 🤷

Second...Travis is a 12 yoc type of receiver. He's not an explosive play receiver, and the stats simply back that up.

Again...do not bring up PFF ever again, if you want to be taken seriously. Where does Luther Burden rank? Genuine question because no matter where he's rated, he's still a better receiver than Travis 🤷

Second...Travis is a 12 yoc type of receiver. He's not an explosive play receiver, and the stats simply back that up.
Tripling down on a terrible take is bold

So only players that have higher YPC, e.g. "explosive receivers" are elite and are easily replaced? Odd. Wes Welker is obviously a mid receiver since his career YPC was 11.0

If you'd like to submit evidence that Travis Hunter is an elite receiver, please do...and total catches aren't evidence. Freddie Barnes caught 140 passes in a season
jokes on you GIF by Steve Harvey TV

I'm a CU fan but not a homer?

No one is taking the receiver Travis Hunter over Burden, Egbuka, McMillan, etc.

Stop it.
Let's pretend you're right. I don't think you would argue he's not a top 5 receiver. If you are, that's even more ridiculous. If you think losing a top 5 receiver will not be a big hit to an offense, unless you're an Alabama or Ohio State, that's idiotic.

I do agree with the point that it's relatively easy to replace Travis as receiver. If no one transfers, Drelon + Omarion + Cam + a slot receiver will be as good of a receiving core as this year.

It's much harder to replace him as the shutdown corner.

“The room” meaning you? I’m confused. Most folks here are realists.

Being 6-6 would represent a nice marker of progress and would exceed expectations because our DL and OL are not good enough for 8+ wins.
Both lines have guys who were solid at other programs. DL is actually loaded on paper.

My expectations were higher.

I hope we don't have to find out how much we miss 12 for very long this season. our WRs are dinged up as a group. heard one of the talking heads saying 12 might shut it down for the year to protect his body before the draft. now THAT is a ****ty take.

if we can close out the season 3-2, I would take it as a huge step.

beating kjuco state would have really hit the ignition button. but, I'll take a bowl.

Our receivers worked over their secondary pretty good and Shedeur remains very very good... but yeah.
It is such buff **** that injuries destroyed our receiver advantage by the last drive. Losing hunter, Horn, omarion, and timmons in a single game is absolutely ****ed. No way that drive plays out like that if we aren't on our 4th string WR in some spots

I was assured our defense was the steel curtain though
Sans Shilo, we actually had safety support in the run game in previous matchups. Our DL has good enough starter talent but we are bereft of depth. ATM, nobody outside of a handful of people know how long THun is out. His health and availability will be a major factor in deciding between 5ish wins and 7ish wins.

Back