What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid you fellows have forced me into a defensive position. I don’t want to miss-represent myself. Co needs 550 yds total and 425 in the air or some combination thereof to win if they can’t shut down the average BISON day.
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

Your HC left, your team has been decimated by the portal, best overall player left, your best defensive player is out with injury. NDSU hasn’t beat a P4 team since 2016 and is no longer the cream of the short bus FCS. There are plenty of non-CU related reasons why this game is almost a double digit spread and I would argue the only reason it’s not 14-17 point spread right now is because people don’t know what CU has
I guess we have a game. It’s easy to see the 9.5 when you compare your Co -14/17 pt spread to the GAM system -4 in favor of NDSU. The MGM odds makers 9.5 plops itself right in the middle of that 18 pt spread. Sometimes MIDAS amazes me.

You guys remind me of a song

”get out of my way you small time clowns
this country boy has come to town”

Are you expecting much of an improvement over the 69 yards rushing and 295 yds passing. How about defense? How much of an improvement on the 454 yds allowed/game? These are the kind of numbers NDSU can feast on.
I expect a massive improvement over everything that was done last year
If any system is using last years number, it is not a system
EVERY Position was significantly improved, and the coordinators are better and more on the same page as the talent
NDSU is going to make plays, but running against the Buffs D-Line is gonna be met with some incredible resistance and 400 yards is not going to happen
It is so much fun talking about the first game before either team has played a game, and we will need to see both teams capabilities, but I believe that NDSU will be slightly worse than the last 2 years due to a coaching change and other factors, and CU will be much better due to having a season to see where mistakes or errors were made on starters or depth pieces, and improvements were made to fix the position.

Love your passion and creative stats, and we shall see who wins, but I feel quite comfortable about what the Buffs will show on the field.

See you Thursday, Sko Buffs

Last edited:
Of course each of you questioning the system prediction expected an answer. If you don’t want to discuss the game what’s the beef?

The basic character of the 1-8 Buffaloes has changed with changing personnel. Nobody’s arguing that. Without the change NDSU is more like a 13/14 pt favorite. The GAM system recognized that with the adjustment to BISON -4. Again what’s the beef. The system also says the 9.5 from the odds makers is really +13.5 for The Herd.

We system lovers like to call them reversals, where the odds-makers are opposite the GAM.

That 9.5 is going to be huge in any scenario where NDSU keeps it close.
Serious question...when you go to order soup at a restaurant does the place give you floaters or do you bring your own?

Lol homie is almost assuredly just a troll. I'd say 60% chance troll, 40% chance self righteous boomer.

Either way, this echoes this strange phenomenon going on right now with this game. Initially, it seemed like NDSU fans were passionate and chill and just excited their team got their crack at a P4 team on national television. Confident they could at least be relatively competitive and play hard. Seemed like a cool fan base that I had no ill will for and wished the best for the rest of the season. Then came the wave of support for them from the Internet hate rooting against CU which has them acting cocky and actually thinking they should win this game. Now they're chirping and trying to pile on the program with the rest of the haters.

Well I say **** them. Bury them. I hope we embarrass them badly. There will be a litany of excuses (injuries, they're fcs, new coach, blah blah), but anything less than destruction will keep the trolls rolling at high speed. There will still be a lot of it, but the college football world is in full on mob mentality and it'll cool a bit if we blow them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back