What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might help in understanding the importance of coaching and game preparation
From the Denver Post

Now this was a Rams roster, mind you, with at least six future NFL players, including Broncos fan fave and Super Bowl 50 champ Shaq Barrett; wideout Crockett Gillmore; and quarterback Garrett Grayson. As our best pal Steve Addazio used to say, the Rammies had some dudes.

Naturally, CSU scored on the third play of the game, a 69-yard touchdown tossfrom Grayson to Gillmore. Ex-Rams wideout Joe Hansley told me he remembered, after the celebration, thinking this was going to be easy. Almost too easy.

“Gillmore scored,” the Highlands Ranch product recalled, “and we sat down on the bench looking at each other and said, ‘We’re going to kick the (expletive) out of this team.'”

Yeah, turns out, not so much. The Bison scored 22 straight after that, shutting out CSU the rest of the way to steal a 15-point win.

“They started calling our (offensive) plays on the field,” Hansley said with a laugh. “(We) were more or less just embarrassed.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/08/24/deion-sanders-cu-buffs-football-north-dakota-state-preview/

Last edited:
Let’s see NDSU owns Kansas beating both Kansas and Kansas State. The BISON own Iowa beating both Iowa and Iowa State. The Herd owns minnesota. Colorado State has already fallen to the BISON. With the win over the buffs The BISON will own Colorado too. Will this game seem as easy as it was at The Fort?

There will be a lot of BISON fans in town, you don’t expect them to be grateful for the game do you? The BISON will come to win. The BISON fans will come for a good time and win or lose a great game. This isn’t some run-of-the-mill Big Sky team you booked in. You booked a football game yet most of you seem offended by the prospect of a loss. lol. What arrogance.

I’ve made my case. 9.5 and the Herd. take NDSU on the money line. Bet 2 on the odds-on for every one put on the money line. Take the over if you like the over under bet But we are passing on it. Upsets are crazy.

Let’s see NDSU owns Kansas beating both Kansas and Kansas State. The BISON own Iowa beating both Iowa and Iowa State. The Herd owns minnesota. Colorado State has already fallen to the BISON. With the win over the buffs The BISON will own Colorado too. Will this game seem as easy as it was at The Fort?

There will be a lot of BISON fans in town, you don’t expect them to be grateful for the game do you? The BISON will come to win. The BISON fans will come for a good time and win or lose a great game. This isn’t some run-of-the-mill Big Sky team you booked in. You booked a football game yet most of you seem offended by the prospect of a loss. lol. What arrogance.

I’ve made my case. 9.5 and the Herd. take NDSU on the money line. Bet 2 on the odds-on for every one put on the money line. Take the over if you like the over under bet But we are passing on it. Upsets are crazy.
You don't have anywhere near the talent you used to.

I’ll be expecting you to show up after the game to admit you how wrong you were.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Game GIF

I have $10,000 ready for escrow. I’ll give you NDSU and +9.5 points.

Right now it’s BISON +9.5 at MGM. Like Co it’s -110 to bet the points. Take “The Herd” and the points. History is with “The Herd” when you take the points. I got 45 once against the gophers who they beat twice. 9.5 here is pretty generous too.

The exciting bet is the money line. It’s BISON +270! Use your profits from the line bet to hedge this upset and triple your money.

We don’t like the over under bet. It’s 58.5 for Thursdays game. If you do bet the O/U we suggest you take the over which is running -115. The under is less expensive @ -105. This game may be as wide open as many are predicting.

Co may have the ability to score quickly but NDSU has the ability to control the clock and score.

We see:
NDSU BISON @ Co Buffalos
NDSU -4
O/U 67.5
Say
NDSU 36 Co Buffalos 32

A word of caution. There was a similar situation to this in 2022 when The BISON visited Arizona. They lost by 3 in a game an impartial observer would say was lost by The BISON more than won by AZ. They were able to capitalize just enough on a game where NDSU put up 407 yds vs Az with 394. It was a good game. This one could look a lot like it.
*Buffaloes

Very weird experience yesterday. at my local grocery store here in Durham, NC, I saw a dude wearing a brand-new NDSU shirt. It was my regret that it was one of the few days I wasn't wearing a CU shirt or hat.

Your case has been made with absolutely no knowledge shown from you while only being able to talk about ancient games in the modern CFB era

Be sure to show up here Friday.

I don't know a single player from that roster or heard of anyone that played for that school. I have no idea what conference or division that team is in and can't even name the town the school is in. This was bad scheduling because this may be the most boring team in America (I'm assuming they are not some Canadian team). Their fans are weird who don't understand punctuation or capitalization and use bots for smack talk.

Buffs by 28.

It's in Fargo and they play in the Missouri Valley Conference, I think? Not that it fvcking matters, I could care less.

I’m pretty sure it’s the Summit League. Or the Big Sky. It’s one of those.

Unfortunate that this thread started circling the drain.

NDSU will be a good test for the Buffs, who struggled mightily last year in rush defense. The entire Colorado DL has been rebuilt, so we shall see how that works. They also use the TE well. In fact, most of the things they do well are the things that the Buffs haven’t done well in a long time.

On the NDSU side, they finished last year with five FCS all-Americans:

QB Cam Miller (highly experienced fifth year senior)
S Cole Wisneiwski (appears doubtful for game 1 and potentially out for the season)
OL Jake Kubas (UDFA signed with Giants)
OL Jalen Sundell (UDFA signed with Seahawks)
FB/LS Hunter Brozio (medically retired during fall camp)

Tough to potentially lose four of five, but they do have seven preseason 2024 all Americans: Miller again, LT Grey Zabel, Wisneiwski again, Brozio again, DT Eli Mostaert, DL Dylan Hendricks, and LB Logan Kopp. This suggests that the front seven are going to be good. Attacking the secondary will be important, where CU probably has the biggest mismatch.

Some key questions for NDSU is how well the OL performs replacing two UDFA NFL linemen. They do have an excellent track record developing line talent, so perhaps they just plug & play each year. If they can run the ball, they can slow the game down, limit possessions, and win a close one. That has been their M.O. in most of their FBS victories.

NDSU Game Week 2 Deep (final)

WR Hunter / Timmons
WR Wester / D. Miller
WR Horn / Onovughe
WR Sheppard / O. Miller
RB Offerdahl & Hayden (co-1s) / Welch
QB Sanders / Staub
LT Seaton / Hummel & Reznik
LG Meyers / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
RG Benson / Harden
RT Brown / Houston
TE Smalls / Hart (personnel specific)

DE Hayes / Green
DT Cokes / Buell
DT Nwankwo / McNeill
DE Okunlola / Walker
LB Bentley / Green
LB Brown / Woods
R Hodge / Reilly
LC Hunter / Hardge
RC McKinney / Yates
SS Sanders / Smith
FS Silmon-Craig / Stoutmire

WR Hunter / Timmons
WR Wester / D. Miller
WR Horn / Onovughe
WR Sheppard / O. Miller
QB Sanders / Staub
LG Meyers / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
RG Meyers / Harden
RT Brown / Houston

DE Hayes / Green
DT Cokes / Buell
DT Nwankwo / McNeill
DE Okunlola / Walker
LB Bentley / Green
LB Brown / Woods
R Hodge / Reilly
LC Hunter / Hardge
RC McKinney / Yates
SS Sanders / Smith
Me no likey OL without Khalil Benson. Maybe Meyers can’t play both LG and RG at the same time?

WR Hunter / Timmons
WR Wester / D. Miller
WR Horn / Onovughe
WR Sheppard / O. Miller
QB Sanders / Staub
LG Meyers / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
RG Meyers / Harden
RT Brown / Houston

DE Hayes / Green
DT Cokes / Buell
DT Nwankwo / McNeill
DE Okunlola / Walker
LB Bentley / Green
LB Brown / Woods
R Hodge / Reilly
LC Hunter / Hardge
RC McKinney / Yates
SS Sanders / Smith
You have Mayers at both G spots.

WR Hunter / Timmons
WR Wester / D. Miller
WR Horn / Onovughe
WR Sheppard / O. Miller
QB Sanders / Staub
LG Meyers / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
RG Benson / Harden
RT Brown / Houston

DE Hayes / Green
DT Cokes / Buell
DT Nwankwo / McNeill
DE Okunlola / Walker
LB Bentley / Green
LB Brown / Woods
R Hodge / Reilly
LC Hunter / Hardge
RC McKinney / Yates
SS Sanders / Smith
I am guessing our OG's will not be getting bull rushed into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back