What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate that this thread started circling the drain.

NDSU will be a good test for the Buffs, who struggled mightily last year in rush defense. The entire Colorado DL has been rebuilt, so we shall see how that works. They also use the TE well. In fact, most of the things they do well are the things that the Buffs haven’t done well in a long time.

On the NDSU side, they finished last year with five FCS all-Americans:

QB Cam Miller (highly experienced fifth year senior)
S Cole Wisneiwski (appears doubtful for game 1 and potentially out for the season)
OL Jake Kubas (UDFA signed with Giants)
OL Jalen Sundell (UDFA signed with Seahawks)
FB/LS Hunter Brozio (medically retired during fall camp)

Tough to potentially lose four of five, but they do have seven preseason 2024 all Americans: Miller again, LT Grey Zabel, Wisneiwski again, Brozio again, DT Eli Mostaert, DL Dylan Hendricks, and LB Logan Kopp. This suggests that the front seven are going to be good. Attacking the secondary will be important, where CU probably has the biggest mismatch.

Some key questions for NDSU is how well the OL performs replacing two UDFA NFL linemen. They do have an excellent track record developing line talent, so perhaps they just plug & play each year. If they can run the ball, they can slow the game down, limit possessions, and win a close one. That has been their M.O. in most of their FBS victories.

started?

NDSU Game Week 2 Deep (final)

WR Hunter / Timmons
WR Wester / D. Miller
WR Horn / Onovughe
WR Sheppard / O. Miller
RB Offerdahl & Hayden (co-1s) / Welch
QB Sanders / Staub
LT Seaton / Hummel & Reznik
LG Meyers / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
RG Benson / Harden
RT Brown / Houston
TE Smalls / Hart (personnel specific)

DE Hayes / Green
DT Cokes / Buell
DT Nwankwo / McNeill
DE Okunlola / Walker
LB Bentley / Green
LB Brown / Woods
R Hodge / Reilly
LC Hunter / Hardge
RC McKinney / Yates
SS Sanders / Smith
FS Silmon-Craig / Stoutmire
Reilly = Riley?

Reilly = Riley?
I See You Sport GIF by St. Louis Blues

O' Recent transfer back to O'Colorado.

NDSU Game Week 2 Deep (final)

WR Hunter / Timmons
WR Wester / D. Miller
WR Horn / Onovughe
WR Sheppard / O. Miller
RB Offerdahl & Hayden (co-1s) / Welch
QB Sanders / Staub
LT Seaton / Hummel & Reznik
LG Meyers / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
RG Benson / Harden
RT Brown / Houston
TE Smalls / Hart (personnel specific)

DE Hayes / Green
DT Cokes / Buell
DT Nwankwo / McNeill
DE Okunlola / Walker
LB Bentley / Green
LB Brown / Woods
R Hodge / Reilly
LC Hunter / Hardge
RC McKinney / Yates
SS Sanders / Smith
FS Silmon-Craig / Stoutmire
I would honestly say that the Offense is at least 50% better, and the defense is about 80% better than last year and has legit depth at every position.
I could see Brown and Bentley playing well together and Woods and Green playing well together, so ILB should be way better depending on how they gel and if the DL is as stout as I think it will be, we will see some great DL play.

I would honestly say that the Offense is at least 50% better, and the defense is about 80% better than last year and has legit depth at every position.
I could see Brown and Bentley playing well together and Woods and Green playing well together, so ILB should be way better depending on how they gel and if the DL is as stout as I think it will be, we will see some great DL play.
My two biggest concerns are 1) LBs. They are just not very good across the board in all aspects. Hopefully they grow as the season goes on. 2) OLine. I still have some concerns about Zilinkas and Seaton.

My two biggest concerns are 1) LBs. They are just not very good across the board in all aspects. Hopefully they grow as the season goes on. 2) OLine. I still have some concerns about Zilinkas and Seaton.
That luckily is a much smaller list than last year and the 2-deep talent is so much better

Upset news

Upset news

You just can't help yourself in being a dummy can you? Fact that you tried to cite an article where this was the call out on D:

1724698213482.png

Tells us everything we need to know about the absolute dumbassery shown by you, your father should have put his foot up your ass more.

uoset news

NDSU BISON take them on the money line

Every single on of these comments is completely irrelevant

Why North Dakota State Will Beat Colorado

• Colorado has lost eight of its last nine games.
  • The underdog has covered the spread in five of Colorado’s last six games.
  • Colorado has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games against non-FBS teams.

You just can't help yourself in being a dummy can you? Fact that you tried to cite an article where this was the call out on D:

View attachment 75084

Tells us everything we need to know about the absolute dumbassery shown by you, your father should have put his foot up your ass more.
Woods ain't even starting, so using this article's logic we GONNA BE DAMN GOOD ON DEFENSE, BIYOTCH!

• Colorado has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games against non-FBS teams.
Might as well add the following:

- NDSU only lost by 3 to Arizona two years ago
- NDSU beat Iowa 8 year ago

(Not directed at Pennypacker)

Unfortunately that tweet is incorrect. The NDSU offensive line will have three new starters, but only one is a redshirt freshman. The center Fraley is a redshirt sophomore transfer from Marshall. And Jake Rock is a senior who has made some starts in the past. For fvcks sake, it’s in the video’s first 30 seconds.

That doesn’t mean there isn’t uncertainty in the NDSU o-line interior, but it’s not three redshirt freshman. Getting a few basic facts straight is not hard.

Last edited:

Wasn’t Colorado the underdog in the last six games? So… covering the spread is good for Colorado (and by extension betting on CU)?

That prose reads like a 9th grader composed the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back