What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally looked, NDSU is in Fargo and they are in the Missouri Valley Conference, at least for football. Not sure if it's across every sport because I didn't give a damn enough to keep reading it. Said they made the move in 2008, so it's been awhile.

I finally looked, NDSU is in Fargo and they are in the Missouri Valley Conference, at least for football. Not sure if it's across every sport because I didn't give a damn enough to keep reading it. Said they made the move in 2008, so it's been awhile.

MVFC for football only. They are in the same conference as DU for other sports and even the Big 12 for wrestling.

Upset news

I place my full faith and trust in a preview that says we’re playing at Folsmo Field!

Here’s the thing you guys need to understand about media folks in Fargo, ND. Everybody who is in Radio, TV, Print or social media is either at the very beginning or the very end of his/her career. The folks at the very beginning are doing everything they can to find the next gig. The folks at the end just don’t care anymore. There aren’t a lot of sports to cover there. The nearest major city is Minneapolis and that’s a 3+ hour drive. NDSU has a massive inferiority complex with UND, who in turn has a massive inferiority complex with everybody else. Anybody covering NDSU is going to be a huge homer, because that’s all they have. So getting predictions of an NDSU win from NDSU media is not surprising in the least. Nobody else is making that same prediction.

Here’s the thing you guys need to understand about media folks in Fargo, ND. Everybody who is in Radio, TV, Print or social media is either at the very beginning or the very end of his/her career. The folks at the very beginning are doing everything they can to find the next gig. The folks at the end just don’t care anymore. There aren’t a lot of sports to cover there. The nearest major city is Minneapolis and that’s a 3+ hour drive. NDSU has a massive inferiority complex with UND, who in turn has a massive inferiority complex with everybody else. Anybody covering NDSU is going to be a huge homer, because that’s all they have. So getting predictions of an NDSU win from NDSU media is not surprising in the least. Nobody else is making that same prediction.
This is spot on. One of my three offers out of college (sports journalism) was Fargo, ND. The others were Huntington WV and Cedar Rapids.

I went into Advertising…

Frances Mcdormand Smiling GIF by Maudit

As a man who lived in North Dakota, I can vouch, this is all true.

NDSU is inferior to UND.

Sagarin has you ranked 2nd in the MVFC between SDSU and The BISON.

From the top down: The spread between #24 Iowa State and the buffs is the same as the spread between the #48 buffs and The BISON.
the Co Buffalloes are no overwhelming matchup for NDSU but a very tough opponent with resources far exceeding anything NDSU might have

With all due respect the buffs are not the football monolith some are making them out to be. All they are is a 9,5 pt favorite against a totally unknown but competent opponent possessing an overwhelming financial advantage:

Co Athletic budget

$136,114,470

NDSU Athletic budget

$32,377,629

Currently pre season The Colorado Buffaloes are ranked 2nd in the MVFC, the premier football conference in the Football Championship Division of college division 1 Athletics

This troll is worthless, he's not even funny anymore. I sincerely doubt he'll have the stones to ever post here again after Thursday night.

Now, when do we start playing real teams with grown up fans?

[looks at schedule. ****, October?]

From the top down: The spread between #24 Iowa State and the buffs is the same as the spread between the #48 buffs and The BISON.
the Co Buffalloes are no overwhelming matchup for NDSU but a very tough opponent with resources far exceeding anything NDSU might have

With all due respect the buffs are not the football monolith some are making them out to be. All they are is a 9,5 pt favorite against a totally unknown but competent opponent possessing an overwhelming financial advantage:

Co Athletic budget

$136,114,470

NDSU Athletic budget

$32,377,629

Currently pre season The Colorado Buffaloes are ranked 2nd in the MVFC, the premier football conference in the Football Championship Division of college division 1 Athletics

Well that $32M is about the same amount that CU is getting from the Big 12 media rights alone. I think NDSU's MVFC & Summit media rights would even be less than Shedeur Sanders' NIL deal.

And CU is favored because CU has the depth that they didn't have last season which explains the way CU finished last season. WRs are at least three deep as opposed to one or two last year and the DL is the same way. Only question mark is OL and RBs.

I don't think NDSU is going to be CU's easiest non-conference game this season because I think that could be Nebraska since we really dominated them last season despite giving up eight sacks in that game and I don't think that will happen again.

We are all aware that NDSU is the fourth best Dakota school based on last season.
That’s the rub right there. Big Game Momentum. It was lost under Coach Entz.

You may have read pre season Sagarin, Co buffs, good as they might be and as good as they were, are ranked behind one of those teams and wouldn’t even be the favorite in the MVFC.

Finally an analysis (by PFF) where they have actually done their research on who the Buffs have brought in.

This is maybe the second clip of a national presence that I’ve seen where everything they said I agreed with. For anyone who doesn’t want to watch they pretty much knew how every position group was impacted and where they think the most improvement will come as well as where they are still concerned (o-line). I don’t think they had any big misconceptions.

One really interesting stat I didn’t know was that we brought in 7 guys with run defense grades above 70. That’s really really promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back