What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking we're going to win this by 40+ needs to temper their expectations. NDSU can't get into a shootout. They'll play possession football to keep our offense off the field with some trickeration thrown into the mix because they're smart enough to know they can't win this with their basic gameplan. We all need to also admit there will be bumps early in this one. There will certainly be some disconnect on both sides of the ball between coaches as well as between players on the field. The score at the half will probably be something like 17-7 with a final somewhere around 34-17. Solid win. Solid cover. Move on and let's go get those big improvement gains between game 1 and 2.
I will be happy if we can limit our D to one illegal participation penalty.

They redshirted behind 2 guys who went to the NFL and NDSU is known for developing linemen, so I wouldn't count them out. I think our OL and running backs are our questions. Howell talked with his NDSU counterpart, who said their 2-deep was the weakest in some years. Buffs by 24.
Our OL will be the question, not RB. As long as the OL performs, our RB will have a lot of yardages this year.

I can sort of understand listening to bad sports radio back in the day, but why still subject yourself to that now when you can listen to a podcast you actually like? 🤷🏽‍♂️
Completely agree. I've never been much of a sports talk radio person, but I've completely moved on from channel flipping as a concept after cutting the cable cord last year. I don't miss "TV" at all. Podcasts are great. Selecting what you want to spend your time with, as opposed to just flipping channels has been a huge quality of life improvement.

One thing that also has glaringly struck me is how inane most radio conversation is. I get it's hard to fill hours of time every day, but that doesn't make it worthwhile to listen to.

jizz in my pants GIF

NGL that grass looks like a$$. We need to install sport turf.

Surprised the state hasn’t mandated that yet and I feel like a grass field conflicts with the messaging for a zero waste stadium. Arizona’s old turf was a fast one and I would not mind seeing something like that installed at Folsom Field.

No. No. No.

Good article but doesn't even get into the by-products from the manufacturing process, greenhouse gases involved in manufacture and transport, the negative impact of removing that area of living grass, and then all the negatives once the turf has outlived it's usable lifespan including removal, transport, and disposal.

Also have read that artificial turf results in more joint injuries (knees and ankles) and probably more head injuries as it doesn't have the same impact absorbing characteristics as a natural turf when a player's head impacts it.

Good article but doesn't even get into the by-products from the manufacturing process, greenhouse gases involved in manufacture and transport, the negative impact of removing that area of living grass, and then all the negatives once the turf has outlived it's usable lifespan including removal, transport, and disposal.

Also have read that artificial turf results in more joint injuries (knees and ankles) and probably more head injuries as it doesn't have the same impact absorbing characteristics as a natural turf when a player's head impacts it.
Players often complain about how the NFL is disingenuous about player safety by pointing out that the NFL won't make the change because it would cost the owners money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back