What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t play football, heck I hardly watch it.
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I mean I can

• Coaching turnover
  • Portal turnover
  • Injuries

CU also didn't have dudes like Green, Hayes, Okunlola, Nwanwko, & Buell on the DL...no guys like Hodge/McKinney opposite of Hunter.
Coaching turnover - they plug and play. New HC is a veteran from the Bison factory of coaches.
Portal turnover - again, their system is plug and play for the most part. Lost some good OL, but plug and play in their system.
injuries - AA safety could hurt them. We will test the safety position. The other kid (Fullback/LS) is not a game changer. That's all I've seen as far as injuries.

Coaching turnover - they plug and play. New HC is a veteran from the Bison factory of coaches.
Portal turnover - again, their system is plug and play for the most part. Lost some good OL, but plug and play in their system.
injuries - AA safety could hurt them. We will test the safety position. The other kid (Fullback/LS) is not a game changer. That's all I've seen as far as injuries.
FCS schools in the transfer portal era are simply not plugging & playing, they're not replacing Green off the top. They have a number of injuries to their RB as well as their best defensive player.

4 loss FCS team. 4.

I do think we have had a huge upgrade on paper on D. But it's a first-game, new system, new coordinator and a lot of new faces. Expect some teaching moments.
I agree with this. We should win on paper, and we probably will, but I would also expect some teaching moments in the first few games.

I understand that NDSU is not as good as their peak, but their system has been really effective in this kind of FCS vs. FBS season opening games.

Although, I think their game against UA 2 years ago won't tell us anything. I even think that UA team would lose to our last year team. This year's CU team should smash the 2022 UA team if they meet.

FCS schools in the transfer portal era are simply not plugging & playing, they're not replacing Green off the top. They have a number of injuries to their RB as well as their best defensive player.

4 loss FCS team. 4.
Depends upon who you are. I am aware of 1 replacement, the center I believe, from the Marshall roster. The injury to the D back is concerning but in the plug and play its next man up. There isn’t going to be any talent disparity. If NDSU wins it’s because of better execution of the fundamentals, physical conditioning, coaching and good food and nutrition. Sportsmanship is also important for winners.

Last edited:
good lord, how far we have fallen. we are getting trolled by fcs fans AND some of the idiot talking heads are picking them to upset us.

we are not 22 arizona.

what this is, is a perfect first game to prove some stuff. they will be country tough and nasty and that will show up on lines. if we cannot easily cover against this fcs team, we are in deep feces.

the fact that anyone, even a passerby troll, thinks the talent level is not disparate is either being malicious or is totally ill informed.

let's get out there and beat their ass. yeah, they are gonna country up and punch back and yeah it is going to sting. that's ****ing football. take the punch and then lean in and put them down.

also i got an old friend who was an offensive lineman back in the day for sdsu. the dude is built like a bowling ball and still is country tough. these farm raised boys play smart, disciplined, and are not afraid of pain. the key is to not play their game and to play our game. for example, travis can outrun anyone, anyone, on their roster. if we get into some kind of weird face punching content on the interior lines, that will give them a bigger chance then they should have.

i am fairly confident our staff knows how to beat a team like this.

no talent disparity? bless his heart.

Depends upon who you are. I am aware of 1 replacement, the center I believe, from the Marshall roster. The injury to the D back is concerning but in the plug and play its next man up. There isn’t going to be any talent disparity. If NDSU wins it’s because of better execution of the fundamentals, physical conditioning, coaching and good food and nutrition. Sportsmanship is also important for winners.
It's absolutely adorable you claim there's not a talent disparity when you've shown you know nothing about CU - NDSU is significantly out-talented by CU.

You really don't know a goddamn thing about the actual sport, do you?

Fvck Off Bot.

good lord, how far we have fallen. we are getting trolled by fcs fans AND some of the idiot talking heads are picking them to upset us.

we are not 22 arizona.

what this is, is a perfect first game to prove some stuff. they will be country tough and nasty and that will show up on lines. if we cannot easily cover against this fcs team, we are in deep feces.

the fact that anyone, even a passerby troll, thinks the talent level is not disparate is either being malicious or is totally ill informed.

let's get out there and beat their ass. yeah, they are gonna country up and punch back and yeah it is going to sting. that's ****ing football. take the punch and then lean in and put them down.
I don’t think anyone is reading Passerby’s posts anymore.

we are not 22 arizona.

2023 CSU-style is what I’m afraid of.

They are a great football team but they never beat me. I don’t play football, heck I hardly watch it. I just study statistics and draw conclusions from the results. Right now SDSU is a 2 pt pre-season favorite over NDSU 28-26

Hmmm...now we are starting to see why you think that way...

In 1994, #8 CU opened the season against northeast louisiana. we were all apoplectic because CU only lead 7-3 at the end of the first quarter. CU went on to win 48-13.

learnings?

1. this is not the same ndsu team or coaching staff as the one that has dominated at the lower level. CU is not the same talent level as the 94 team but is the most talented team we have had in at least 20 years.

2. openers like this do and should give a power conference team a heart flutter but the historical odds are stacked greatly against the upset here.

3. believe. we have an nfl qb and enough weapons and that should more than easily cover any early season mistakes.
That 48-13 score made the game look closer than it was, if memory serves.

Last edited:
2023 CSU-style is what I’m afraid of.
This. CSU had perhaps 1 superior athlete (DE rush end) and just some guys. But they played at a level that did not make them look massively outmatched.
When the lines of scrimmage are neutralized, and the QB feels pressure, everything changes.
Independent of what our board-drunk-lawyer is smoking.

CSU had perhaps 1 superior athlete (DE rush end) and just some guys.
I am not sure if this is true. Their TE is way better than ours, and Tory Horton would be better than any receiver who is not named Travis Hunter. When Hunter got injured, Tory Horton essentially became the best receiver on the field.

No, the guy I am talking about is already graduated. Basically, their entire TE room is better than our starting TE.

This is probably a "worlds tallest midget" sort of conversation, but I'm not sure they have a guy in that room that would start over Hart. Their likely starter is a 2 year juco guy and their next best guy played more linebacker than tight end in his career and he hasn't played much of either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back