What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a 7 on 7 tourney in Boulder in the last days of turf and man was that field beat up
I played an actual game on it in HS. Like playing on concrete, tackled a guy and it jarred me landing on him, can't imagine what it felt like for him. And the turf burns were brutal.

NDSU isn't holding a top offense in the nation to FGs - even more when you add in their coaching turnover on the road in game 1 with far far less talent & athleticism.

By "typically" you mean 10ish years ago & I highly doubt NDSU starts faking injuries nor will they have anywhere near the rivalry motivation that CSU has.
Last year Colorado was 82nd in total offense, 99th in ypp, dead last in the nation in rushing ypg AND ypc (I know it's about sacks), 64th in 3rd down conversion %, 67th in plays over 10 yards, 85th in plays over 20 yards, 110th in TFL allowed, 132nd(of 133) in sacks allowed, and 60th in scoring.

Last year Colorado was 82nd in total offense, 99th in ypp, dead last in the nation in rushing ypg AND ypc (I know it's about sacks), 64th in 3rd down conversion %, 67th in plays over 10 yards, 85th in plays over 20 yards, 110th in TFL allowed, 132nd(of 133) in sacks allowed, and 60th in scoring.
I don't give a damn about last year, especially against a ****ing FCS team

Last year
Kelsey Grammer Problem GIF by Paramount+

You raise an interesting point. Changing behavior and performance without materially changing personnel and culture and leadership can be quite difficult. CU has worked to improve on all fronts.

Your wife’s inability to stop ****ing her dealer for meth is an example of personnel and culture issues. Perhaps leave the trailer and be productive— maybe it will help with your personal development. And those around you…

Spread is now BISON +10/-115. It’s more expensive today to get the points. O/U has increased to 60.5

Spread is now BISON +10/-115. It’s more expensive today to get the points. O/U has increased to 60.5
I’m not sure I understand the tenor of this post.
Sounds somewhat excited, but has been talking **** on the Buffs at 9.5 the last few days. I’m confused.

NGL that grass looks like a$$. We need to install sport turf.
When I see the team doing Fitness or Conditioning Cool Downs on the game field this past week, that makes me a bit irked. I have been a part of building various sports complexes and doing just repetitive running and conditioning and other things on a perfect game field, especially stopping or starting on end lines, yard lines, or other places causes that damage. There is no need to do that, and coaches sometimes just need to consider where to do cool downs or other things, preferably off the ends or just not on the field, but it still looks pretty awesome, and Prime complimented it, so let's goooooo

All major sports must play on grass, as much as I love Artificial Turf, big time competition must be on grass. Intensive training is best done on good artificial turf, but nothing beats grass for big events and player safety.

God I sound more like a boomer every day

Had a chance to watch some of the NDSU vs Arizona game from 2022. There's a few things I'd suggest Buff fans buckle in for.

(1) their offensive line will be very good. It's always very good. OL is the one position where I don't give a crap about star-ratings and recruiting valuation. Coaching, development, synchronization/teamwork, scheme, weight-program etc are major major factors. They will be VERY good up front. They will test our DL, where we have a ton of new faces and we will undoubtedly make mistakes.

(2) Their talent level will be higher than most CU fans will expect. They will have speed and athletes. They won't blink or be shy of the bright lights.

I think NDSU will score points and run the ball. Their QB will be efficient and is a threat to run as well as throw. Could start in the Big12.

Their defense will be tested on the edges but will be strong up the middle.

This is going to be a tough test as an opener with so many new and moving pieces. NDSU will be sound and well coached, very discplined and surprisingly talented.

I’m not a gambler, but what I find amusing is - CU spread vs #2 FCS was the same but now exceeds #17 Ok St vs #1 FCS team…same weekend.

In 1994, #8 CU opened the season against northeast louisiana. we were all apoplectic because CU only lead 7-3 at the end of the first quarter. CU went on to win 48-13.

learnings?

1. this is not the same ndsu team or coaching staff as the one that has dominated at the lower level. CU is not the same talent level as the 94 team but is the most talented team we have had in at least 20 years.

2. openers like this do and should give a power conference team a heart flutter but the historical odds are stacked greatly against the upset here.

3. believe. we have an nfl qb and enough weapons and that should more than easily cover any early season mistakes.

Had a chance to watch some of the NDSU vs Arizona game from 2022. There's a few things I'd suggest Buff fans buckle in for.

(1) their offensive line will be very good. It's always very good. OL is the one position where I don't give a crap about star-ratings and recruiting valuation. Coaching, development, synchronization/teamwork, scheme, weight-program etc are major major factors. They will be VERY good up front. They will test our DL, where we have a ton of new faces and we will undoubtedly make mistakes.

(2) Their talent level will be higher than most CU fans will expect. They will have speed and athletes. They won't blink or be shy of the bright lights.

I think NDSU will score points and run the ball. Their QB will be efficient and is a threat to run as well as throw. Could start in the Big12.

Their defense will be tested on the edges but will be strong up the middle.

This is going to be a tough test as an opener with so many new and moving pieces. NDSU will be sound and well coached, very discplined and surprisingly talented.
2022 is ancient history & UA was not a good team in 2022

I’m not a gambler, but what I find amusing is - CU spread vs #2 FCS was the same but now exceeds #17 Ok St vs #1 FCS team…same weekend.
It costs more to buy the BISON points. SDSU also pays more on the money. There is more confidence in the BISON than the jackrabbits, they aren't giving the BISON points away, but both teams are seen as giant killers. The Jacks just not quit as much. Why? They haven’t won in the FBS and OKS would be the pre-season favorite in the MVFC.

its a similar game to this one but the gamblers feel that starting the season OK State is perceived to be better than Co

definitely take the Jacks and the points but go 3 on the points for every 1 on the money if you are also going to play the money line for the upset. Take the under (54.5) we have the game 28-22 Jacks.

Last edited:
Yes, but I can’t disagree with anything @buffaholic wrote. NDSU is a better football team than both CSU and Stanford from last year. I hope the team comes ready to play.
I mean I can

• Coaching turnover
  • Portal turnover
  • Injuries

CU also didn't have dudes like Green, Hayes, Okunlola, Nwanwko, & Buell on the DL...no guys like Hodge/McKinney opposite of Hunter.

It costs more to buy the BISON points. SDSU also pays more on the money. There is more confidence in the BISON than the jackrabbits, they aren't giving the BISON points away, but both teams are seen as giant killers. The Jacks just not quit as much. Why? They haven’t won in the FBS and OKS would be the pre-season favorite in the MVFC.

its a similar game to this one but the gamblers feel that starting the season OK State is perceived to be better than Co

definitely take the Jacks and the points but go 3 on the points for every 1 on the money if you are also going to play the money line for the upset. Take the under (54.5) we have the game 28-22 Jacks.
/unsubscribe from your newsletter.

who is "we"?

nevermind, i do not actually want to know or hear how sharps like you can help us norms win more bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back