What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn i am already rounding into conference form.

i hate everyone that isn't us.

dear enemy fans, you may hate us now, but you are capable of even more hate. wait a few weeks and if this thing is rolling, we will once again be crowned the "worst fans in america."

die die die die die

I Will Kill You No GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

This is probably a "worlds tallest midget" sort of conversation, but I'm not sure they have a guy in that room that would start over Hart. Their likely starter is a 2 year juco guy and their next best guy played more linebacker than tight end in his career and he hasn't played much of either.
We were talking about the 2023 buffs vs. rams. My point is the rams roster in 2023 was not as untalented as @buffaholic claims.

big ass slow farm boys do what they are told and are disciplined. whatever, we ply our game and they play theirs.

2 gonna put up a monster game. 12 = heisman talk after one game.

The key to the game is NDSU rushing versus Colorado‘s rebuilt defensive front seven. NDSU develops linemen and they are good sized and play to a system. Stop the run and it’s a win for Colorado. Fail to stop the run, then the game will be competitive and Shedeur and the passing offense will have to bail the D out. I am hopeful about the CU front seven, they have some guys now, but I want to see it.

It's absolutely adorable you claim there's not a talent disparity when you've shown you know nothing about CU - NDSU is significantly out-talented by CU.
I have a difficult time looking at the statistical profiles of a couple division 1 teams and concluding there is a talent disparity when there is no corresponding statistical disparity. Co buff fans think their players are more buff than last year and more buff than NDSU. ok Where is the statistical disparity?

I have a difficult time looking at the statistical profiles of a couple division 1 teams and concluding there is a talent disparity when there is no corresponding statistical disparity. Co buff fans think their players are more buff than last year and more buff than NDSU. ok Where is the statistical disparity?
You still haven't answered the production question

Had a chance to watch some of the NDSU vs Arizona game from 2022. There's a few things I'd suggest Buff fans buckle in for.

(1) their offensive line will be very good. It's always very good. OL is the one position where I don't give a crap about star-ratings and recruiting valuation. Coaching, development, synchronization/teamwork, scheme, weight-program etc are major major factors. They will be VERY good up front. They will test our DL, where we have a ton of new faces and we will undoubtedly make mistakes.

(2) Their talent level will be higher than most CU fans will expect. They will have speed and athletes. They won't blink or be shy of the bright lights.

I think NDSU will score points and run the ball. Their QB will be efficient and is a threat to run as well as throw. Could start in the Big12.

Their defense will be tested on the edges but will be strong up the middle.

This is going to be a tough test as an opener with so many new and moving pieces. NDSU will be sound and well coached, very discplined and surprisingly talented.
I've been saying this for months. They put a OL in the NFL it seems like every year and those dudes start in the NFL not just make a roster. They will run the ball to set up play action. The play action will go to their H-Back or TE's down the middle of the field. We need to be prepared to handle that and force them to try to beat us with their WR's and running outside the tackles. Their backup QB is an absolute Unit and runs the ball well. The did lose their All Conference Safety to surgery just recently. That will help us. We need to get out front and put this game away so they can't linger and run the ball.

Flounder has disappeared and won't put his money where his mouth is.. where is he?????

lower division guys playing against lower division guys put up comparable stats to power conference guys playing against power conference guys?

like v. like?

also, check out the diff between uga, bama, ohio state, etc. and less talent rich power conference teams. yeah, there is no talent disparity.

holy ****, the troll is even more trolly or dumber than i thought.

Veronica Mars Middle Finger GIF

I am not sure if this is true. Their TE is way better than ours, and Tory Horton would be better than any receiver who is not named Travis Hunter. When Hunter got injured, Tory Horton essentially became the best receiver on the field.
No, the guy I am talking about is already graduated. Basically, their entire TE room is better than our starting TE.
Is it more - their tight end is better than ours. Or their TE (DE) outmatches the person they are going up against?

A person doesn’t need to watch much football to understand the game. It’s all in the stats. If the buffs are as buff as many of you think it’s going to show up in the numbers very quickly.
Stfu dummy. You’re a bot. Prove me wrong.

The key to the game is NDSU rushing versus Colorado‘s rebuilt defensive front seven. NDSU develops linemen and they are good sized and play to a system. Stop the run and it’s a win for Colorado. Fail to stop the run, then the game will be competitive and Shedeur and the passing offense will have to bail the D out. I am hopeful about the CU front seven, they have some guys now, but I want to see it.
Our LBs suck. Just in case you missed it.

In 1994, #8 CU opened the season against northeast louisiana. we were all apoplectic because CU only lead 7-3 at the end of the first quarter. CU went on to win 48-13.

learnings?

1. this is not the same ndsu team or coaching staff as the one that has dominated at the lower level. CU is not the same talent level as the 94 team but is the most talented team we have had in at least 20 years.

2. openers like this do and should give a power conference team a heart flutter but the historical odds are stacked greatly against the upset here.

3. believe. we have an nfl qb and enough weapons and that should more than easily cover any early season mistakes.
Agree with all of this. I'm gonna say this though-we're going to learn a lot about the front seven tomorrow.

34-17 CU

I've been saying this for months. They put a OL in the NFL it seems like every year and those dudes start in the NFL not just make a roster. They will run the ball to set up play action. The play action will go to their H-Back or TE's down the middle of the field. We need to be prepared to handle that and force them to try to beat us with their WR's and running outside the tackles. Their backup QB is an absolute Unit and runs the ball well. The did lose their All Conference Safety to surgery just recently. That will help us. We need to get out front and put this game away so they can't linger and run the ball.

Flounder has disappeared and won't put his money where his mouth is.. where is he?????
Jimmy Fallon Please GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We all know you’re as skittish as a little school girl about this game. Take off the petticoat and chill the fvck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back