What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

Well Nostradamus, how long is he the starting QB?
It was mostly tongue in cheek, but I think most fans didn't give him a chance at all which was not the case.

There was a recent poster on 247 who is friends with players on the team that mentioned Noyer was leading the battle along with someone else mentioning they didn't think Lytle had the leadership qualities needed when they were helping in the AD. Last week Adam mentioned he thought it would be Lytle and his last video he was non-committal (so something changed there with his prediction). There is also the connection with Langsdorf. I also think they have kept this completely quiet because the optics with the fan base will not be good.

A lot of this could mean nothing, but you start putting the pieces together it tells me Noyer has a great chance of starting.

Well Nostradamus, how long is he the starting QB?
This is maybe the more important question.

There are some coaches who believe it is easier with a freshman QB to start somebody else then start working them in. Instead of the pressure of a starter that lets them get the heroes welcome and if they aren't effective they can easily pull them out and give them some more time to prep before trying again.

I don't agree with this if you have an outstanding talent but it isn't like we stole Lewis from Alabama or Ohio State. He's intriguing but if he were the kind of talent expected to be a day one starter he would have had a lot more schools after him

Maybe Lewis isn’t as good as advertised. Or as ready... still puzzling to pick Noyer over Lytle

It was mostly tongue in cheek, but I think most fans didn't give him a chance at all which was not the case.

There was a recent poster on 247 who is friends with players on the team that mentioned Noyer was leading the battle along with someone else mentioning they didn't think Lytle had the leadership qualities needed when they were helping in the AD. Last week Adam mentioned he thought it would be Lytle and his last video he was non-committal (so something changed there with his prediction). There is also the connection with Langsdorf. I also think they have kept this completely quiet because the optics with the fan base will not be good.

A lot of this could mean nothing, but you start putting the pieces together it tells me Noyer has a great chance of starting.

I was joking too. I just hoped you would talk everyone off the ledge.

Maybe Lewis isn’t as good as advertised. Or as ready... still puzzling to pick Noyer over Lytle
Or maybe Lytle just isn't that good either.

It does not matter if he is ready. This year does not count. He gets a mulligan and actual playing experience. It is the perfect moment for him to get these games under his belt, go into the spring, and have a better year next season.
If he isn't ready I don't have a problem with him not taking the first snap.

I will be upset though if we see a repetition of what we have seen in recent years with first Sefo then Montez getting virtually every meaningful (and even non-meaningful) snap the entire season.

Part of the problem now is that nobody has seen much of Lytle or Noyer in game situations because they never got in.

We don't have the OOC games this year that should provide the opportunity to get Lewis feet wet but nothing in practice can simulate getting a real snap against a live opponent.

Even if he isn't ready to start I would favor them having a package for him and giving him at least one possession per game.

Hopefully by the end of the season he is getting significant experience in games when it matters.

The best new players in camp came from Mel Tucker’s first full class.

Given the information that came out about the lack of institutional support for (and outright lies told to) Embo and his staff, I am not surprised by their failure.

I view recruiting as 80% of college coaching. This staff is an F so far. Their record on the field this season or even next season with a squad whose talent was pruned by Mel Tucker is not a reflection of their capacity to upgrade talent.

Come on, manhattan. What honestly did you expect? We had a late February coaching change thanks to Mel Tucker being a dishonest piece of **** (Give him this-he'll never have to work another day in his life after MSU axes his ass in 2-3 years) and a global pandemic that shut the country down for 6 weeks.

I'm all for incomplete or we'll see what happens on this staff.......but an F? Lol get out of here. Adam said this on 247-We've got 16 closed practices and recruiting during a pandemic to judge this staff on.

Can we all chill the **** out with this kind of talk until we see Dorrell's Buffs go up against another team?

Last edited:
I view recruiting as 80% of college coaching. This staff is an F so far. Their record on the field this season or even next season with a squad whose talent was pruned by Mel Tucker is not a reflection of their capacity to upgrade talent.
giphy.gif

Come on, manhattan. What honestly did you expect? We had a late February coaching change thanks to Mel Tucker being a dishonest piece of **** (Give him this-he'll never have to work another day in his life after MSU axes his ass in 2-3 years) and a global pandemic that shut the country down for 6 weeks.

I'm all for incomplete or we'll see what happens on this staff.......but an F? Lol get out of here. Adam said this on 247-We've got 16 closed practices and recruiting during a pandemic to judge this staff on.

Can we all chill the **** out with this kind of talk until we see Dorrell's Buffs go up against another team?
I expect the AD not to be a terrible negotiator, horrible boss, and impotent administrator. You must’ve been under a rock when we learned that we were on the one yard line with two of the hottest OCs in the NFL and College but fouled it up because of Rick Freaking George.

Now that we have our highest paid staff ever, I expect recruiting to be competitive. It’s not in the ballpark.

Now that we've all gotten how we feel about Noyer off our chest, did anyone actually listen to the podcast. No new information. The revelation about quarterbacks was that the battle was really down to Noyer/Lytle like we have been hearing.

I still have a gut feeling it's going to be Noyer (years of CU conditioning) but I don't think this is any inside info we didn't already have.

I like your "chill the **** out" comment, if for nothing but self-preservation during this pandemic. Instead of dealing with "What Ifs" adding doom and gloom, we just see what actually happens?? I am as much unnerved about Noyer-Lytle 1-2, as 2-1; but if that is what they have, then that is it. I just hope that Lewis or other QB's somehow get some reps and we break out of this QB funk. How CU has gone so many years without a #2 getting meaningful reps...?? Montez only had meaningful snaps due to Sefo's injuries. It really sucks to be 5-7 so many seasons-- you have to play who you think is the best guy to get that 6th win; but the downside is you don't win and no bowl game, then no extra practices or meaningful opportunities for the 2nd or 3rd string/QB next season... I sort of feel for KD, as he walked into this situation; it is definitely tough to have such inexperience at the QB position. Only time will tell if Landsdorf is another one and done...

Regardless of the uniqueness of this season, anyone suggesting Lewis start even if he's not ready is crazy. You want to completely ruin a kids future? Throw him in and get him killed and destroy his confidence.

You are 100% correct... Given CU's offensive line is ranked #12, of 12 teams in the PAC-12, you do not want to burn Lewis by either having him run for his life or he gets injured early, and his future is done...

Regardless of the uniqueness of this season, anyone suggesting Lewis start even if he's not ready is crazy. You want to completely ruin a kids future? Throw him in and get him killed and destroy his confidence.
I don't believe the young man is that fragile mentally or physically, to your point misuse by the coaching staff is more of a concern. Should he start? I don't know because I haven't seen him practice.

I definitely don't think our O-line is anywhere near last in conference.

I tend to agree and I took that ranking with grain of salt. I think given the number of upper classmen they will be better than last, but I'm not sure that they are good enough to protect an inexperienced QB, especially a True-Frosh.

Back