What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

What opposing defender wants to deal with Noyer? Hope they teach the RBs some run blocking...those wildcat plays will be 🔥.

Like Bobo's one handed catch at Oregon, Witherspoon's pick at Oregon, or Viska's game winning catch at the Nubs, when I think of Noyer that will always be the first thing that comes to mind!

As position coaches? Sure.

Well, I’m not advocating, but it seems like better options would’ve been:

1) Dorrell HC, Langsdorf OC/QB
2) Dorrell HC, Chev OC/QB and let him have complete autonomy on the offense
3) Chev HC, someone he wants as OC/QB coach

They say the relationship is working great, so let’s hope that’s the case. I have my doubts.

They say the relationship is working great, so let’s hope that’s the case. I have my doubts.
I assume you mean this configuration assuming we have these specific people at the helm.

Option 4 - A new OC.

I'm having my doubts too. Langsdorf was a P5 OC at two different schools and even had Nebraska's best QB stats under him. Easy replacement for Chev if he doesn't pan out as the OC. But on the bright side, he was intrusmental in converting the OSU Beaver O from a wishbone offense to a NFL style offense and coached TEs there during his first stint there. Second stint he was the Beavers OC under Riley. Wasn't Riley's OSU teams known to have good TEs and good big WRs? A good tutor for Taylor Embree as the TEs coach.

If CU's O does very well, Chev needs to take the first HC offer out of town. It seems more OCs these days are also the QBs coach. I love the idea of helping a former Buff prepare to become a HC someday but at CU's expense? At the same time, we need to give Chev a chance because he had Montez as his QB. Let's see how he does with a different QB before writing him off as an OC.

I think Langsdorf isn't getting enough love on this board and I think his relationship with Noyer (I think he was recruiting Noyer to Nebraska too) is another reason why Noyer will be the starting QB. He could be a good tutor to Chev as well.

I think Chev's time in Boulder is about up either way. Langsdorf will take over as the OC when that time comes.

Given the offense we look to be running, JB could get a lot of run.

I know he got dinged up a little at one point, but kind of discouraging on the surface to hear that Clayton might not be much of a factor this year. Maybe that's actually encouraging for the RB position?

Edit: Also, even the players saying JB looking good

I know he got dinged up a little at one point, but kind of discouraging on the surface to hear that Clayton might not be much of a factor this year. Maybe that's actually encouraging for the RB position?
With such a short window to get ready for the season, I think missing any time in a shortened camp is pretty much the death knell for a true frosh to see immediate extensive playing time. I'm not going to read too much into anything, especially at a position like RB where there's lots of guys capable of playing, even if none of them has shown elite talent.

Like Bobo's one handed catch at Oregon, Witherspoon's pick at Oregon, or Viska's game winning catch at the Nubs, when I think of Noyer that will always be the first thing that comes to mind!
I love that video so much.

1. Noyer doesn't know whether to be excited about his hit, or bummed about the pick.

2. The defender doesn't get up, presumably due to the shame of being laid out by a quarterback.

3. Based on video only: Show me that million dollar arm, because I've got a pretty good idea about that five cent head of yours.

Last edited:

Edit: Also, even the players saying JB looking good

What opposing defender wants to deal with Noyer? Hope they teach the RBs some run blocking...those wildcat plays will be 🔥.

I know you are trying to be funny, but the pass itself is why everyone on here is completely deflated at the idea of Noyer being our QB. That was absolutely horrific.

I'm having my doubts too. Langsdorf was a P5 OC at two different schools and even had ****braska's best QB stats under him. Easy replacement for Chev if he doesn't pan out as the OC. But on the bright side, he was intrusmental in converting the OSU Beaver O from a wishbone offense to a NFL style offense and coached TEs there during his first stint there. Second stint he was the Beavers OC under Riley. Wasn't Riley's OSU teams known to have good TEs and good big WRs? A good tutor for Taylor Embree as the TEs coach.

If CU's O does very well, Chev needs to take the first HC offer out of town. It seems more OCs these days are also the QBs coach. I love the idea of helping a former Buff prepare to become a HC someday but at CU's expense? At the same time, we need to give Chev a chance because he had Montez as his QB. Let's see how he does with a different QB before writing him off as an OC.

I think Langsdorf isn't getting enough love on this board and I think his relationship with Noyer (I think he was recruiting Noyer to ****braska too) is another reason why Noyer will be the starting QB. He could be a good tutor to Chev as well.

I think Chev's time in Boulder is about up either way. Langsdorf will take over as the OC when that time comes.

I agree. Langsdorf as OC is one of the more likely future outcomes.

I agree. Langsdorf as OC is one of the more likely future outcomes.
The dynamic of KD and Chev (and then apparently RG/LC) is going to make it extremely hard for Chev to just be out right fired and scapegoated, IMO. The offense would have to be "Laviskaless 2018" bad in 2020 AND 2021 for that to happen, IMO, and even then I could see him being brought back with a short leash in 2022 as OC. However, if the offense is that bad this year and 2021, I think the entire staff likely has a short leash in 2022.

So CU going to be a heavy run team eh? I like our rb's but have little confidence in this OL. YOU all know what happens, teams dare noyer to throw, load up and stop the run.

Back