What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

I know you are trying to be funny, but the pass itself is why everyone on here is completely deflated at the idea of Noyer being our QB. That was absolutely horrific.

Yes it was absolutely horrific since Noyer didn't target the football since CU could have gotten the ball back on the same play for a fresh set of downs.

On a serious note, let's give Langsdorf the BOTD and see if he can work wonders on Noyer. Noyer might have a better understanding of defenses after being a safety last season. I'd have chosen him over Lytle anyway due to Lytle's lack of mobility.

If I was the OC, Lewis is my starter at QB.

So CU going to be a heavy run team eh? I like our rb's but have little confidence in this OL. YOU all know what happens, teams dare noyer to throw, load up and stop the run.

Suppose we have TEs that can catch those short passes...something we haven't had regularly in awhile.

The dynamic of KD and Chev (and then apparently RG/LC) is going to make it extremely hard for Chev to just be out right fired and scapegoated, IMO. The offense would have to be "Laviskaless 2018" bad in 2020 AND 2021 for that to happen, IMO, and even then I could see him being brought back with a short leash in 2022 as OC. However, if the offense is that bad this year and 2021, I think the entire staff likely has a short leash in 2022.
What are the conference ranking numbers that get Chiv fired? I don’t see it under any circumstance after one year.

We haven’t played a game and you ****ers have already decided who needs to move on and to reconfigure the coaching staff? This is worse than speculating on Broncos draft picks next year in that thread.
I don’t think anyone here knows what we have and how well they’ll do. I also think it’s highly unlikely there will be any major changes before 2022.

Noyer has a good arm and can run. I have no idea if he can read a defense at this level.

If Langsdorf intends on Noyer being successful from the pocket, he's bat **** crazy.
Something is not right with Noyer. Can two other staffs be this wrong? Is he the best of a weak room? I’m skeptical.

We haven’t played a game and you ****ers have already decided who needs to move on and to reconfigure the coaching staff? This is worse than speculating on Broncos draft picks next year in that thread.
I don’t think anyone here knows what we have and how well they’ll do. I also think it’s highly unlikely there will be any major changes before 2022.
Exactly. It’s been a long preseason. Frans have cabin fever. Normal.

Pre-Covid, Phil had CU OL as 8 in conference, facing two DLs with higher ranks.

There may be other unit rankings out there.

I expect the AD not to be a terrible negotiator, horrible boss, and impotent administrator. You must’ve been under a rock when we learned that we were on the one yard line with two of the hottest OCs in the NFL and College but fouled it up because of Rick Freaking George.

Now that we have our highest paid staff ever, I expect recruiting to be competitive. It’s not in the ballpark.

We got to the one yard line with EB? What the hell are you talking about? I'm a 247 subscriber, and I post over there. Adam said NOTHING that led me to believe we ever got that close to hiring him.

Rick George is an impotent administrator? Jesus ****ing Christ-this is a ridiculous take. If there's one thing he did wrong, it was agreeing to a joke of a buyout with a coach who had clearly established himself as a gun for hire in the industry. Tucker has held 13 positions in college/pro coaching. He's lasted one season at six of those jobs, and he's never stayed anywhere longer than 3 seasons. One more question (since you've made it blatantly ****ing obvious you want RG gone)-who do you replace him with?

Why even bother though-you're the same asshat who is flipping out over a bad recruiting class because our coaches aren't as good at Zoom as Tennessee's.

What are the conference ranking numbers that get Chiv fired? I don’t see it under any circumstance after one year.
In 2018, CU's offense averaged 27.1 ppg which was good for 7th in the conference.

I don't think there's anything that can happen that would force Chev out after this season, but I think 21-24 ppg two years in a row, which would put CU in the bottom third of the conference both seasons, would likely lead to Chev being on a real short leash in 2022.

Side note: Chev in 2018 coordinated the offense to the 2nd highest scoring average that CU has achieved since joining the Pac 12 and the highest conference ranking in scoring offense (7th), tied with 2016. So while we might have reservations about him being an elite OC at any point, I think an argument could be made that he was better than Lindgren, Roper and Jay Johnson.

Exactly. It’s been a long preseason. Frans have cabin fever. Normal.

I think there's a difference between "I'm really excited to see what we look like under this staff" and "Langsdorf will be the OC by 2022" or "Fire everybody because our coaches aren't as good at Zoom as other staffs in the Pac 12! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I think we may need to start the UCLA look-a-like thread before Saturday-we all need the laughs those bring. Its been a ****ty year.

We got to the one yard line with EB? What the hell are you talking about? I'm a 247 subscriber, and I post over there. Adam said NOTHING that led me to believe we ever got that close to hiring him.

Rick George is an impotent administrator? Jesus ****ing Christ-this is a ridiculous take. If there's one thing he did wrong, it was agreeing to a joke of a buyout with a coach who had clearly established himself as a gun for hire in the industry. Tucker has held 13 positions in college/pro coaching. He's lasted one season at six of those jobs, and he's never stayed anywhere longer than 3 seasons. One more question (since you've made it blatantly ****ing obvious you want RG gone)-who do you replace him with?

Why even bother though-you're the same asshat who is flipping out over a bad recruiting class because our coaches aren't as good at Zoom as Tennessee's.
You have been under a rock and got a concussion. You should catch up before joining grown folks conversation.

Your ignorance on this subject matter here on Earth is clear. Instead of criticizing me, perhaps you are the one who should educate himself. Best wishes.

I'm not the one taking shots at the coaching staff before we've seen this team play a game........

Last edited:
Back