What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

I have been as big of a critic as any, but I will throw this out there as food for thought. When installing a new offense, reps are just as important for everyone else on the offense, as they are for the QB. I have no inside info, but I am guessing that Lewis is still assimilating to the offense, and the coaches are not inthralled with limiting the playbook at the expense of the other 10 guys on offense. I prescribe to the idea that Lewis will play plenty this year, but he needs to have an offensive group around him that knows what the hell they're doing. If for nothing else, the role of Noyer in camp thus far makes a lot of sense for that reason (he seems mentally reliable, and he's a vet that will pick up the offense quickly, thereby benefiting the other 10 guys on the field). Hopefully the result is that Lewis comes in later, with a reduced set of plays, but an offensive group that is ready to grow the playbook with him, quickly.

This

It's not just about getting the (future) young star QB reps, but the rest of the offense needs to get up to speed and be dealt the best hand/mates available to help the whole team develop and succeed

Just read the BuffZone piece on the RBs group. You have got to be excited for this group for the next few seasons and that is why it's important the OL comes together. That means with an effective running game, the QB should be able to make some throws and be more of a game manager than someone like Montez. The only area of concern would have to be the QB position which isn't a bad thing.

Now where is the kool-aid swimming pool?

not even allowing Lewis a chance to win the job is hopefully about the coaches panicking about getting the full offense installed in the 3 weeks they had before game prep. That makes sense to me. But if they ignore him all season, that is real dumb.

I have been as big of a critic as any, but I will throw this out there as food for thought. When installing a new offense, reps are just as important for everyone else on the offense, as they are for the QB. I have no inside info, but I am guessing that Lewis is still assimilating to the offense, and the coaches are not inthralled with limiting the playbook at the expense of the other 10 guys on offense. I prescribe to the idea that Lewis will play plenty this year, but he needs to have an offensive group around him that knows what the hell they're doing. If for nothing else, the role of Noyer in camp thus far makes a lot of sense for that reason (he seems mentally reliable, and he's a vet that will pick up the offense quickly, thereby benefiting the other 10 guys on the field). Hopefully the result is that Lewis comes in later, with a reduced set of plays, but an offensive group that is ready to grow the playbook with him, quickly.
This is a good post.

Because John Snelson who has the same amount of people he knows still within the program as I do says so?
Well, if that is the case, the coaches are definitely playing this extremely close to the vest.

This also tells me that neither player has really separated and we are ****ed regardless.

Well, if that is the case, the coaches are definitely playing this extremely close to the vest.

This also tells me that neither player has really separated and we are ****ed regardless.
There's no reason for them to make a public announcement more than a week out. Not that there's any tape of either player, but I can't imagine they are still going back and forth as a staff trying to decide.

There's no reason for them to make a public announcement more than a week out. Not that there's any tape of either player, but I can't imagine they are still going back and forth as a staff trying to decide.
Exactly. If really no one knows in the AD, then the players sure don't know and that tells you neither player has taken the reigns. I am not so much worried about when they announce, but its obvious both players are still getting equal reps

I am wondering if HCKD and staff are treating this season like an NFL preseason or a one-off. Rotate players at less established position groups, learn the system, keep staff in place and move in to spring with minimal roster change.

We probably lose Landman, Johnson, Sherman, and KD Nixon to the draft and some typical roster attrition (players move on), but that might be it.

The disadvantage that Tucker and COVID have put this team in could be remedied by this approach.

It appears to me that they are treating him like an 18 year old QB who (like 95% of 18 year old QBs) aren't ready for the mental/physical demands of the most critical position in football

Then why the **** would you not bring a QB in over the summer! Any QB. From anywhere. Maybe a 19 or 20 year old. Maybe a 23 year old grad transfer. CU is remarkable for incompetence.

CU is not Clemson. When you don't have your pick of multiple 4* and 5* guys at each position you have to find ways to maximize the talent that you do have. Maybe Noyer is not going to be a truly great quarterback. However, physically he looks good. He hasn't played much, but hopefully has developed some knowledge of how the system is supposed to work, how to read a defense etc. He is obviously a good athlete. In trying to switch over to safety he has shown he is a team player and possesses some of the intangibles that elevate a player and make them better than they should be on paper. If the coaches go with him I am sure they have sound reasons, and have a lot better idea of what his potential is for this year than anyone on allbuffs. Will he be a world-beater? Probably not. But there is a pretty good chance he has the potential to competently lead the offense and make some plays. The buffs level of success this year is not going to be dependent upon one guy, but on how they gel as a team. His being named as starter is not the end of the world.

The Buffs level of success the last three years has largely depended on one guy. That’s why we’re we’re 5-7 all three years.

I’m not jumping off bridges, but this doesn’t bode well.

Am I the only one who sees the incongruency of arguing Noyer needs a cast around him to succeed, and establishing the other 10 guys offensively is a necessity for QB success, so CU should keep uber recruit Lewis under wraps for a while, and then argue all of CU's past offensive ineptitude is solely Montez' fault?

If he was so terrible what are the Redskins doing?

I get it, he underperformed relative to his talent, but most of the time he was running for his life.

JMO.

Am I the only one who sees the incongruency of arguing Noyer needs a cast around him to succeed, and establishing the other 10 guys offensively is a necessity for QB success, so CU should keep uber recruit Lewis under wraps for a while, and then argue all of CU's past offensive ineptitude is solely Montez' fault?

If he was so terrible what are the Redskins doing?

I get it, he underperformed relative to his talent, but most of the time he was running for his life.

JMO.
Did you watch the buffs last year?

Back