What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. CSU Game Thread

Sorry for the delay

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

It was based on what you quoted. Thanks for clarifying.
Still not even close - you were talking about using the whole sample size & stated that no one is removing outliers or whatever from the sample.

Why would you then change the sample size in your response to me?

If a play does not get 100% of needed yardage on 3rd or 4th down it is not a successful or efficient play...you need 50% of 1st down, 70% on 2nd down, & 100% on 3rd and/or 4th down to generate a successful play.

Still not even close - you were talking about using the whole sample size & stated that no one is removing outliers or whatever from the sample.

Why would you then change the sample size in your response to me?

If a play does not get 100% of needed yardage on 3rd or 4th down it is not a successful or efficient play...you need 50% of 1st down, 70% on 2nd down, & 100% on 3rd and/or 4th down to generate a successful play.
OMG! I commented on a post that was ridiculous. I changed nothing in the response to you. I never stated no one is removing outliers other than the OP in his apparent desire to downplay our performance. I was commenting specifically to his post, then you jumped in with all the numbers, and I was still referencing things based on the OP, which is why I later said thanks for clarifying.

The usefulness of the ignore poster option has made itself clear. Thanks.

OMG! I commented on a post that was ridiculous. I changed nothing in the response to you. I never stated no one is removing outliers other than the OP in his apparent desire to downplay our performance. I was commenting specifically to his post, then you jumped in with all the numbers, and I was still referencing things based on the OP, which is why I later said thanks for clarifying.

The usefulness of the ignore poster option has made itself clear. Thanks.
It wasn't ridiculous, it's a valid statement that is already measured by people w/n the analytics community. A 13 yard run on 3rd and 21 is not a valuable run.

They are desperate. Last year they made sure to have a bye week prior to the game.
Beating CU is the entire focus of the program. They know that they are a distant second in the state in terms of reputation and fan interest. They know that their own fans are far more interested in beating CU, even if it is only once every few tries, than anything else they could accomplish.

Winning their conference title but losing to CU is a failure, beating CU and having a .500 season is a success.

The CU game has a major impact on their game attendance. Beat CU and fan interest is high the rest of the season, lose and seats stay empty.

I would expect that they will have higher than usual announced attendance the rest of the season because it is based on tickets sold and they sold a lot of season tickets and multi-game packages due to having CU at home. History tells us though that with the loss to the Buffs a lot of those tickets won't be used. Anyone who wants to go to a college football game should be able to get tickets for cheap on the secondary market, like $5-10 cheap.

Ram nation said they purposefully threw the Texas game to help them beat us by not giving away anything. I think even Norvell called it a preseason game

I actually thought Norvell was going to get them somewhere. Now it looks like just another terrible CSU hire. I guess they have just enough brand to get themselves a Pac-12 lifeboat while Wyoming is off to Big Sky land, but I'm not sure they deserve it.

I have heard that they were really confident in beating us during the whole offseason. This is not some kind of "hey if we play to our best and they still look down upon us we can beat them!", this is more like "we are a much better team, we should beat them".

The confidence in their building even clouded the mind of some of the Ram beat writers, they were shocked by what's shown on the field.

I am really confused by this level of confidence. It's almost like arrogance. But where does this arrogance come from? I don't get it.

I have heard that they were really confident in beating us during the whole offseason. This is not some kind of "hey if we play to our best and they still look down upon us we can beat them!", this is more like "we are a much better team, we should beat them".

The confidence in their building even clouded the mind of some of the Ram beat writers, they were shocked by what's shown on the field.

I am really confused by this level of confidence. It's almost like arrogance. But where does this arrogance come from? I don't get it.
One of their beat reporters, Kelly Lyle maybe, said he had never seen Norvell so laser focused on beating a team as Jay was regarding CU this year.

It comes from Norvell. And that dude is all talk.

After last years game they convinced themselves. Many times if everyone around you is thinking the same thing it is easy to believe it. They actually believed after last years game that they were the better team. This year CU came in knowing the intensity level that the Rams would come in with and were prepared for it.

One of their beat reporters, Kelly Lyle maybe, said he had never seen Norvell so laser focused on beating a team as Jay was regarding CU this year.

I hope he is laser focused on the loss, too.
I hope he has a laser focus on finding a new job. Under him, the Ewes have not beaten a power 5 let alone CU and never beaten Air Force Wyoming. Dude is going to get canned at the. End of this year and the state will be better when he is gone. Duche

Back