What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs Nebraska Game Thread

Tonight's loss was pretty much all on Shurmur, Shedeur, whoever the **** the OL "coach" is, and the complete and total failure to recruit a TE. We don't even need one that can catch - a half decent blocking TE would have gone a long way.

Is there an appetite at the booster and institutional level to make that happen? Which members of the staff can sell a player on coming to Colorado for development? Plucking players from the transfer portal relies on a different skill set.
Remains to be seen, although we did get seaton. Shame we don’t have an answer because they neglected it. I liked their transfer strategy but hindsight it probably hasn’t worked out

Shedeur made some head scratching decisions in the 1Q. Those decisions ended up proving costly.

The right side of the OL needs additional or new bodies. They were horrible.

Defensive injuries were major. We got zero bounces. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Ugly game
I'm assuming C is part of the right side. Hank got spanked all night.

Lots of people here absolutely refuse to give Nebraska any credit

They'd rather believe we're the worst team in the country than admit Nebraska is good.
Saw one of those new to being a CU fan YouTube videos by some guys who spent an hour breaking down film on Nebraskas two DL lineman that gave us fits today. They were manhandling Michigan’s OL last year, play after play. There’s plenty of blame to throw around on our OL and play calling, but they have a good DL and LB package with a decent secondary (which always looks better with good DLs).

This was their Super Bowl, all their podcasts were freaking out about this game. They played like it. We really seemed flat on offense. SS2 seemed way off all day, like he hurt his arm in that first or second series after one of the sacks. Passes were not crisp, and a lot of them were wobbly coming out of his release.

Serious ballclub doesn’t play offerdahl as much as they have, and hire Pat shurmur as OC, and neglect the o line two years in a row
They didn't neglect the OL, they brought in the #1 HS OL in the country and 3 highly regarded transfers (almost 4), plus a few young, upside talents. But there's something else going on there.

At this point, I wish that we had the QR codes on our helmets like Oklahoma State tried to do. That way we could request our NIL money back…individually! :LOL:

They didn't neglect the OL, they brought in the #1 HS OL in the country and 3 highly regarded transfers (almost 4), plus a few young, upside talents. But there's something else going on there.
As has been said a million times...o.linemen need to start games together. Five fingers don't operate as well as a fist.

Seaton has been out best lineman...5stsr or not...that shouldn't happen.

My greatest concern is our FG kicking. We should’ve been down by only 28-13. Then it’s a whole different game.

It's a coaching problem. The players can't even seem to handle simple DL stunts. Their footwork is questionable, which means they don't get the leverage they need, and they get beat. It's almost all coaching. There were rumors coming out of training camp that the OL coaching wasn't up to par. Looks like those rumors were accurate.

There's talent on the OL.

Oh, and when the OL is struggling - think about how helpful it would be to have a good blocking TE to bring in to help.

Hats off to a solid D performance.

One play kind of sums up the OL. CU had a 3 and 1 late and SS got under center, took the snap before the D was fully set. The Nub DL over the center stuffed Zink and Benson, SS2 wisely shuffled right to go around the two OL getting manhandled by one DL, only to have T. Brown get stood up and pushed back like a charmin soft high school OT.

Go for it on 4 and 1 and Charlie gets stuffed 2 yards behind the LOS because our OL couldn't push a shopping cart.

And yes, Pat Shurmer is dead weight.

As has been said a million times...o.linemen need to start games together. Five fingers don't operate as well as a fist.

Seaton has been out best lineman...5stsr or not...that shouldn't happen.
Yeah but that's not neglecting to add talent. They're not playing well together and not recognizing stunts or blitzes, among other things. There's a huge coaching and playcalling component to that.

My greatest concern is our FG kicking. We should’ve been down by only 28-13. Then it’s a whole different game.
I agree that it's a huge problem. But it's not my biggest concern. I have no idea why we have Mata kicking field goals for us. It's totally ridiculous. The guy obviously is not up to it.

Shurmur runs a horrible blocking/run scheme for sure so I think it’s a major part of it. I just wasn’t a fan of the talent they transferred in

It's a coaching problem. The players can't even seem to handle simple DL stunts. Their footwork is questionable, which means they don't get the leverage they need, and they get beat. It's almost all coaching. There were rumors coming out of training camp that the OL coaching wasn't up to par. Looks like those rumors were accurate.

There's talent on the OL.

Oh, and when the OL is struggling - think about how helpful it would be to have a good blocking TE to bring in to help.
I just posted something similar and agree completely

Back