What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs Nebraska Game Thread

Well, I'm going to say sayonara to this piece of **** thread, so please post injury news elsewhere.

The biggest issue is the guards and center. You routinely have them passing guys off to phantoms.

Brown can not be out there at tackle.
Shurmur’s scheme needs elite center/guards in order to be good as well. As we see, mostly runs out of the shotgun trying to pull them into blocks

I’m encouraged by our willingness and abilities to find adjustments in our D. I’m discouraged by our unwillingness to adjust on O. Our line play was bad, but the man that got home was often an OLB - did a TE see the field today? What are we still trying to run out of the shotgun? Why are we trying to run with 4 wide? We’ve got the whole line pulling only to let our RB run into two unblocked LBs.

Explain that in your own words please.
Prime isn't going to take any responsibility for this.

Won't admit his LB, RB and OC are ****ing worthless.

Won't admit in game decisions are suspect or downright abysmal.

But I bet he'll run his mouth about how amazing 2, 12, and Mata are, and how none of this is his fault, nor an indictment of his inability to recruit lines, coaches or HS players.

Prime isn't going to take any responsibility for this.

Won't admit his LB, RB and OC are ****ing worthless.

Won't admit in game decisions are suspect or downright abysmal.

But I bet he'll run his mouth about how amazing 2, 12, and Mata are, and how none of this is his fault, nor an indictment of his inability to recruit lines, coaches or HS players.

OK thanks.

It's a coaching problem. The players can't even seem to handle simple DL stunts. Their footwork is questionable, which means they don't get the leverage they need, and they get beat. It's almost all coaching. There were rumors coming out of training camp that the OL coaching wasn't up to par. Looks like those rumors were accurate.

There's talent on the OL.

Oh, and when the OL is struggling - think about how helpful it would be to have a good blocking TE to bring in to help.
Hiring a first-time OL Coach…when that was one of our primary weaknesses last year, and would be one of Coach Prime’s best resources this year, is an extremely questionable move, especially now.

His son, who was a top-10 prospect in his final draft year, looks nowhere close to NFL-ready!

It just shows the lack of judgement of Coach Prime. He made sure to keep on his FCS BFFs as the coaches for the Buffs, which, coincidentally, are the worst-coached positions on the Buffs.

Coach Prime needs to start acting more like a coach, and less like a cheerleader, or else this whole thing is over!

Last edited:
Back