What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs Nebraska Game Thread

What’s frustrating is that Special Teams was actually good, with the exception of Wester not catching that punt and the missed FG. They set the offense up multiple times with good to great kickoff and punt returns and they blocked a punt. Just a complete waste of mostly pretty good play in 2/3 phases, but the offense was just so bad.

And I don't believe they will run the ball this year. You can mark my words. CP only cares about Shedeur this year
Starting to think there's noise to this narrative, nothing else makes sense.

You can be a pass first offense but pass pass pass ain't going to yield good results. If Prime was a serious coach half the staff would have never set foot in Boulder.

It's evident to me that best players have not been playing.

Nikhai Green
Feely
Hayden
Tyler Johnson ( maybe)

Who knows who else
To be fair, it’s week two and NHG started today and Hayden out snaps Offerdahl. Feely isn’t better than Mata but the new kid might be. Tyler Johnson is the only head scratcher to me. He was a good starter at Houston and definitely brought in to start. Benson has been so bad, he has to get replaced.

11 carries for 42 yards by the RBs.

That would have been a fine number for the first half.

There's zero priority given to establishing the run game with the playcalling.
I still need to watch the game but did we run any mis direction, counters, did we ever run on 2nd and 9 or 10 with a draw or designed QB run while Nebraska was pinning their ears back to Sack the QB. If the answer is NO we did RPO out of the Shotgun then we are screwed with anyone who has a semblance of equal talent on defense because that vanilla play calling just isn't good enough. Yes once in a while it will pop for a 35 yard completion but it is not sustainable against TOP 50 FBS teams who have other guys who can run 4.45 40's.

I wish that Shedeur would just come out one postgame, say that he played terrible, and that his team will get better from him performing better and that he will work his butt off all next week in practice to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

Even if he doesn’t mean it, he has to say it for team unity.

Anytime we lose, it just never seems like he or his daddy can ever come out and say that he played like ****! Probably hurts his advertising and feelings…or whatever, but it does absolutely nothing for the Buffs and our brand down the line.

To be fair, it’s week two and NHG started today and Hayden out snaps Offerdahl. Feely isn’t better than Mata but the new kid might be. Tyler Johnson is the only head scratcher to me. He was a good starter at Houston and definitely brought in to start. Benson has been so bad, he has to get replaced.
The Benson, Brown swapping positions is confusing to me as well.

11 carries for 42 yards by the RBs.

That would have been a fine number for the first half.

There's zero priority given to establishing the run game with the playcalling.
And it's hurting the passing game SIGNIFICANTLY.

It's almost too easy for defenses to defend against a one dimensional offense and even the best passing offenses effectively use the run to keep the defense honest.

It's obvious that if things don't change next week win or lose Shurmur needs to be shown the door. Not even sure who we could replace him with but I find it hard to believe that we couldn't find a currently unemployed OC that's more clever than Shurmur. And there's an argument to be made that Shurmur should be ****canned this week for this performance. Insane to only put up 10 points when you have a top tier QB and WR. Figure it the **** out.

This loss only feeds the narrative that this team looks the same as last year - can't run the ball, can't protect Shedeur, and the defense is bad in the front 7. The first 2 were true tonight and the 3rd was true for the better part of the first half.

We have a lot of good players here because of Prime that are not paid enough, they just want to play for him
Worried about the vibe outside the main group, feels disconnected

Nebraska is paying everyone that is important to them without any real NIL deals
If you consider tonight playing…then I’m good!

Do they think that plays are just going to happen by them standing by their man getting less than a yard of pressure/watching their man get the first down almost every time!?

Last edited:
Back