What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs Nebraska Game Thread

The best coach/recruiter we ever had was Bill McCartney. His worst year (1-11) was his third year. He finally had a winning record in his 4th.. But, I am not sure that is relevant in the portal era. If Prime stays, he has a couple more years in my book.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Some of these comments are so bad. You are 100% correct. Shedeur knows scouts care about what he does for winning instead of stat
This is a tried ass argument. Hunter and sheduer are going to be first rd picks regardless of their stats. They could both sit out the rest of the year and be first rd picks. For sheduer winning actually makes him more appealing to the pros then gaudy numbers. Prime knows that. They may be making the wrong decisions but it certainly isn’t bc they want those two to put up big numbers.
Travis for sure. Shedeur keeps playing like this and he's lucky to sniff the end of the first round. You are posting with your heart as a Buffs fan instead of what you see. Shedeur has issues that need to be fixed, and much like it was with Cody Hawkins, no one on the coaching staff will challenge Prime on them. It is a shame, because SS has amazing talent.

2 is going to be a top pick regardless just due to the film. He's making this a lot harder than it has to be but no one OL is getting blown up in the NFL like 2s is getting at CU. The level of even a bad pass pro OL is way better than this.

What i see is he’s great when protected and struggles when running for his life. Much like Beck or Ewers would. After last nights sky is falling performance he’s gone from 2nd best odds at +450 to be the number one pick to 3rd best odds at +600. He’s a first rd pick regardless how negative you want to be

defense gave up zero in 2nd half…made adjustments at half..Livingston is the smartest coach on the staff…maybe future head coaching material
no film work.. just having lb's key on where #24 lines up and which plays they run based upon where he lines up would have helped.. no adjustments were needed.. no film work was done to begin with, players simply out balled bad coaching.

Tough game, horrible start, (major overactions), and a better 2nd half.

We still got 7 wins in us. Have to get Yakiri Walker in there next week.

2 is going to be a top pick regardless just due to the film. He's making this a lot harder than it has to be but no one OL is getting blown up in the NFL like 2s is getting at CU. The level of even a bad pass pro OL is way better than this.
Hey #1, can SS2 take snaps from under center? Would you say he has a good grip on his ball fakes? Just does not feel like he sells any fakes, or has play action acumen? This offense has so little overall value to showing all of what he can do, and it is doing no favors to building the resume for the other positions.

Coaches of several ranked teams are loving this loss from Colorado. We get all of the media’s attention whilst their team’s garbage performances get swept under the rug.
"Coaches of several ranked teams are loving this garbage performance from Colorado. We get all of the media’s attention whilst their team’s garbage performances get swept under the rug."

FIFY

He was a mistake from the get go.

Daddy ball and division. Two years running.

We need a coach who will actually build a foundation. All he cares about is 2 and 21.

"He Gone" next year and we will rebuild once again.
So once his sons leave, you want him to leave, even though he will then not be able to play Daddy Ball?

Hey #1, can SS2 take snaps from under center? Would you say he has a good grip on his ball fakes? Just does not feel like he sells any fakes, or has play action acumen? This offense has so little overall value to showing all of what he can do, and it is doing no favors to building the resume for the other positions.
In 2023 only 2 QBs took less than 75% of their snaps from shotgun. Goff took 25.9% from under center. It’s a thing of the past now. It’s how they make guys like Jaden Daniels a starting nfl qb. That being said I’m sure he can. I’d like them to try it. If not at least use more pistol offense to run the ball. I don’t know the answer but assume that being in shotgun gives you an extra half second to throw?

Yes, he can.

We don't have much to work off of in regards to this. I rarely see him pump fake and when he does, it's been solid but the sample size has been small.

No, i believe it's a weakness that needs to be fixed. We have a fairly large sample size but not a lot of good.

The offense has been bad this year outside of when 2 has a pocket for the long developing pass plays or he set on the move outside of the pocket to deliver a throw.

So once his sons leave, you want him to leave, even though he will then not be able to play Daddy Ball?
I never wanted him in the first place because I knew he would create a selfish, me first culture. Yes I want him gone and I look forward to starting this over again with a coach who wants to build a team culture.

It's really not that difficult to understand if you've played a lick of sports in your life.

I never wanted him in the first place because I knew he would create a selfish, me first culture. Yes I want him gone and I look forward to starting this over again with a coach who wants to build a team culture.

It's really not that difficult to understand if you've played a lick of sports in your life.
Played College Soccer, Created one of the largest Youth Soccer Clubs, won State Titles as a Soccer Coach in HS and Club
I am a Coach buddy, know the "PROCESS" of how to win, and actually strongly believe that it will always take 3 years to be a winner, and we have tried hard to shortcut that timeline due to generational talent and there are things that are uncomfortable, but the ride has been fun and frustrating

Played College Soccer, Created one of the largest Youth Soccer Clubs, won State Titles as a Soccer Coach in HS and Club
I am a Coach buddy, know the "PROCESS" of how to win, and actually strongly believe that it will always take 3 years to be a winner, and we have tried hard to shortcut that timeline due to generational talent and there are things that are uncomfortable, but the ride has been fun and frustrating
No sports though, huh?

Oh damn, you got me
You are funny like a clown

I said that it takes 3 years of consistent development to become a winner, so I am aware that Prime will struggle with this rebuild until things are more stable
This is a fair point. I would feel better if we had stronger HS recruiting

Better team won… they did everything that they drew up to do to us.

The world isn’t ending but there is a lot of foundational work still to do. I did think our WRs blocked exceptionally well. One of the few highlights.
Better coached team won. (edited to better answer post I missed last part previously and tame it down a little) Who drew up and called the plays on offense? The two receivers on each side across the field passes, first behind the line of scrimmage and then at most seven yards down field to near the sideline and the hitch routes going same distance downfield looked like something one might find on a video game. Someone has some explainin to do. Agree WR's are in general blocking well.

Last edited:
disagree, Nebraska just like NDSU is not that good. NU has a couple good players, but cu has the better roster and the better team, CU lost because of bad coaching. No evidence of film work, maybe Shedeur was too busy playing EA sports game before he went to sleep each night. If he is going to be given last say, he needs to at least look at the film. My take is his draft stock went down and it is his and Prime's fault for this, as well as for the terrible way CU started game and the pick six and unless changes are made, we can expect more of it. Just how bad coaching do you want?
View attachment 75669
CU has better skill players...yes...but we have O line. Problem is...having no line completely negates the skill guys.

CU has better skill players...yes...but we have O line. Problem is...having no line completely negates the skill guys.
I don't think we should throw O line under the bus. How many of the guys that were blamed last year are starting at P4 schools this year? Four.
I think the problem is coaching... the defense knows when it is a pass play and can just tee off, emptying the backfield and going 4 or 5 WR's wide makes it even harder to protect 2. Run threat is needed, other blockers are needed.. moving Shedeur is needed.. Better pass play design is needed..

I don't think we should throw O line under the bus. How many of the guys that were blamed last year are starting at P4 schools this year? Four.
I think the problem is coaching... the defense knows when it is a pass play and can just tee off, emptying the backfield and going 4 or 5 WR's wide makes it even harder to protect 2. Run threat is needed, other blockers are needed.. moving Shedeur is needed.. Better pass play design is needed..
Hmmm, that would mean the problem is Shurmur

Didn't watch past the 1st quarter because of a medical emergency with my daughter. Buffs got handled, but it doesn't mean sh!t in the big picture of things. Everyone should always remember that.

Back