What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSU has every right to be confident. CU hasn't shown anything that they've changed this year.

I don't know how any CU fan can feel confident except that they simply have more talent. CSU will be prepared and ready. We'll see.
I mean, CSU got beat 52-0 in their opener against Texas and looked pretty lackluster against a ****ty FCS team. They have one sack on the season (against Texas ironically), and have generally been mediocre offensively. They really don’t have much to be confident about.

CU is coming off a rough game, but there’s a lot to like about the defense and we know what the passing game can do when Shedeur has time to throw. Obviously we’d like to see more balance and success running the ball, but a lot of CU fans are missing the forest through the trees here

I mean, CSU got beat 52-0 in their opener against Texas and looked pretty lackluster against a ****ty FCS team. They have one sack on the season (against Texas ironically), and have generally been mediocre offensively. They really don’t have much to be confident about.

CU is coming off a rough game, but there’s a lot to like about the defense and we know what the passing game can do when Shedeur has time to throw. Obviously we’d like to see more balance and success running the ball, but a lot of CU fans are missing the forest through the trees here
The forest is our offense has been figured out and requires hero ball to work. That's led to going 2 and 9.

CSU is not very good.

However, CU is very predictable on offense and they were last year as well. What part of what we've seen this year on offense tells you that things will change?

Talent alone should win this game, but I have no doubt CSU will have a great game plan and will be very confident. This is the biggest game in that programs history in a very long time. Something seems off with this CU team and until proven otherwise, its going to be a struggle. They have a chance to turn it around, but we need to see it first before I feel confident.

I should also mention the lose of Kamara and Holliker are massive for CSU. That was the difference in the game for CSU last year. Have they replaced those two?

Their TE1 going into the year, who they were excited about, got hurt and is out. They do not have anyone like Kamara.
Yep. If Livingston can get the defense ready in the first half, then it'll be very, very tough for CSU. We know he can adjust.

I'm just so disappointed in this offense. They have to show some type of balance and I feel like that has never been the plan with Prime.

CSU has every right to be confident. CU hasn't shown anything that they've changed this year.

I don't know how any CU fan can feel confident except that they simply have more talent. CSU will be prepared and ready. We'll see.
CSU got blasted in the ass by Texas & barely beat UNC, I don't see why they should be confident.

Frankly neither team should.

Check this **** out. The first play of the game in the first clip. There are three scenarios at play that can explain this…

1. Tyler Brown is simply incompetent and doesn’t know his assignments
2. Loadholdt has no clue how to teach blocking schemes and assignment
3. Shedeur made some kind of check at the line that not everyone heard or people were confused about

I honestly have no idea which one it is, but the only thing that gives me hope is that these are fundamental issues that *should* be able to get fixed.

Check this **** out. The first play of the game in the first clip. There are three scenarios at play that can explain this…

3. Shedeur made some kind of check at the line that not everyone heard or people were confused about

I honestly have no idea which one it is, but the only thing that gives me hope is that these are fundamental issues that *should* be able to get fixed.

I sure hope we can eliminate #3. If Shedeur can change scripted plays to open a game we have issues.

That is not encouraging.

The first play is most likely a check out of a run right by Shedeur where the line didn't get the call., The second is play is...I don't even fvcking know. It's a slide right except for BS tackle who's hinging. That all makes sense, but WTF are Brown and Benson doing? Meyers did his job by gapping over and picking up 0, Seaton = cool, Zilinkas and Benson should've have combo'd on 48 with Benson looking to scrape if needed and Brown should've been MoM with 48.
This ain't rocket science.

Last edited:
Ignoring their missed targeting on SS2?
The "if only" game works both ways. The "missed" int TD was also on 1st down. If he'd have simply defended the pass, my money is they score on that drive anyway.

Shilo should also have been called for at least 2, if not 3 LHOB penalties. I guess only 2, since they'd have tossed his ass after the 2nd.

All of this looks like play call change that the line didn't hear or heard something different. We have multiple oline going in different directions to block. Good news, had they run the ball on that play it appears there would have been some holes to get through for 4 yards, if you overlook the fact that it appears RB falls over for no reason

The first play is most likely a check out of a run right by Shadeur where the line didn't get the call., The second is play is...I don't even fvcking know. It's a slide right except for BS tackle who's hinging. That all makes sense, but WTF are Brown and Benson doing? Meyers did his job by gapping over and picking up 0, Seaton = cool, Zilinkas and Benson should've have combo'd on 48 with Benson looking to scrape if needed and Brown should've been MoM with 48.
This ain't rocket science.
Rewatching that first play also tells me a lot about why we're not using TEs. Smalls has no idea where he's going and has zero urgency to get there anyway. If this is indeed a called pass play, then Charlie has inside pass pro support and Smalls should be moving across for front side support against edge. But, Brown just takes the fvck off. If everyone does their job, that play Charlie handles inside leakage, Brown and Smalls contain edge pressure, Shedeur has a clean pocket and we hit the crosser for a huge gain.

But more than likely as I said above, SS2 changed the play and the OL didn't get the call.

The "if only" game works both ways. The "missed" int TD was also on 1st down. If he'd have simply defended the pass, my money is they score on that drive anyway.

Shilo should also have been called for at least 2, if not 3 LHOB penalties. I guess only 2, since they'd have tossed his ass after the 2nd.
You're being extremely selective in your argument

Watching these clips as well as the game after fact has me convinced of two things:
1) Meyers and (surprise) Seaton are by far our best linemen. Seaton is the real deal.
2) Zilinkas should never play a down for us again. He has terrible footwork, poor handwork and is obviously not running things call-wise on the OL where he should be the leader. If Shedeur changes the call at the LOS, the very next moment Zilinkas should be echoing the change to the line to ensure they know their adjustments.

Watching these clips as well as the game after fact has me convinced of two things:
1) Meyers and (surprise) Seaton are by far our best linemen. Seaton is the real deal.
2) Zilinkas should never play a down for us again. He has terrible footwork, poor handwork and is obviously not running things call-wise on the OL where he should be the leader. If Shedeur changes the call at the LOS, the very next moment Zilinkas should be echoing the change to the line to ensure they know their adjustments.
So are scripted plays not a thing? I always thought they were. If so, maybe the rest of the line were just doing what they thought was the scripted play. If they can be changed, then maybe we do have OL guys who knew what they were doing once, forgot it all now, and will know what they are doing again on another team next year.

Alright football smart people -The play on the 38 yard line has me absolutely perplexed as to what everyone was supposed to do.

#56 at the snap goes running downfield after 5 like they are playing a game of tag. It could have been called lineman down field
#67 gets off the ball like he is run blocking and just gets abused inside on pass rush
#58 with no help on #0 and goes after #42 leaving a huge hole in the middle of the line.
#31 comes across the formation after the snap, misses #0 going up the middle of the field, runs over to help #44 block, only to fall over un-touched. Everything about what his purpose was on this play has me confused.
#6 ends up wide open in the middle of the field, but he stopped running, and if he continued there might have been a chance for a throw before the sack.

Alright football smart people -The play on the 38 yard line has me absolutely perplexed as to what everyone was supposed to do.

#56 at the snap goes running downfield after 5 like they are playing a game of tag. It could have been called lineman down field
#67 gets off the ball like he is run blocking and just gets abused inside on pass rush
#58 with no help on #0 and goes after #42 leaving a huge hole in the middle of the line.
#31 comes across the formation after the snap, misses #0 going up the middle of the field, runs over to help #44 block, only to fall over un-touched. Everything about what his purpose was on this play has me confused.
#6 ends up wide open in the middle of the field, but he stopped running, and if he continued there might have been a chance for a throw before the sack.
The A Team 80S GIF

I hate that we let Van Wells go.

See above. Posts 317 and 320.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back