What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Zalinskas is being pulled, but maybe. Tyler Brown definitely is no longer the starting RT, but whether they just bench him or move him to Guard remains to be seen. I agree the Benson should move out to RT like he's played most of his career and what they brought him in for. We'll see.

Prime's answer to the Tyler Johnson question was interesting. Took a very long pause after being asked and just said, "Tyler's coming". The DNVR guys said there's obviously something going on there but nobody seems to know. IMO, which isn't based on anything other than pure speculation, he is/was either out of shape or not putting full effort in and has been a frustration for the coaches, but they know he's one of their best 5 OL and they absolutely need him now.

With Hayden out, I still feel like Charlie likely gets the starting nod against CSU, but definitely expect both Augustave and Welch to play, and I am going to assume there is a renewed focus on the running game this week.

NHG started against Nebraska and Woods came in on third downs I believe. I think that will likely continue, but I agree, I want more of NHG.

Hoping to see more Sam Hart and 11 personnel. I'd love to see 21 personnel with two RBs and a TE on the field, but I'm not confident that's in the playbook.
Great post. I want to focus on this:

I'd love to see 21 personnel with two RBs and a TE on the field, but I'm not confident that's in the playbook.

You can absolutely do this with Drelon and it gives you so much flexibility. I'm going to be disappointed if I don't see it given we need to pull out all the stops to keep defenses from just pinning their ears back and rushing.

CSU is not very good this year. However, they will be prepared and ready. Their run game is actually not too bad so I expect a heavy dose of that with Horton and misdirection/trick plays thrown in.

The CU offense is what it is and this staff has shown that last year and so far this year. They may tweak a few things, but that's about it. My hope is the defense is ready from the start and doesn't take a half to adjust.

Obvious changes that need to happen:

Get Zalinskas out of the starting lineup and Benson over to RT.

Heavy rotation of Augustave and Welch, Shurmdeur need to establish a run early.

More NHG

Feeley (in) - Mata (bench)

and I'd love to see more Drelon and Kam gadget plays.
FIFY

Does anyone know what.the NCAA or XII rules are around depth charts?

E.g. are teams required to publish them?
E.g. is there any requirement around accuracy?

Not sure about the Big 12 but the NCAA doesn't have any. I recall for the Michigan game back in 2016 we put out a depth chart of cartoon characters in response to Michigan not putting one out.

I doubt Zalinskas is being pulled, but maybe. Tyler Brown definitely is no longer the starting RT, but whether they just bench him or move him to Guard remains to be seen. I agree the Benson should move out to RT like he's played most of his career and what they brought him in for. We'll see.

Prime's answer to the Tyler Johnson question was interesting. Took a very long pause after being asked and just said, "Tyler's coming". The DNVR guys said there's obviously something going on there but nobody seems to know. IMO, which isn't based on anything other than pure speculation, he is/was either out of shape or not putting full effort in and has been a frustration for the coaches, but they know he's one of their best 5 OL and they absolutely need him now.

With Hayden out, I still feel like Charlie likely gets the starting nod against CSU, but definitely expect both Augustave and Welch to play, and I am going to assume there is a renewed focus on the running game this week.

NHG started against Nebraska and Woods came in on third downs I believe. I think that will likely continue, but I agree, I want more of NHG.

Hoping to see more Sam Hart and 11 personnel. I'd love to see 21 personnel with two RBs and a TE on the field, but I'm not confident that's in the playbook.
Augustave very likely might be our best back and it was pretty hard not to notice his big steps and powerful lean, something nobody but he has.
Micah has worked so hard and done so much that if the only reason is not playing is pass protection is total bull. If he comes in for an actual planned run play, who cares if he can pass pro, just run him and see what he can do. I have not seen a single decent actual run play this year from us. It appears that we are running the AIR RAID 100% of the time, and not even doing a good job of that, cause Leach's teams used to run the ball decently.

Augustave very likely might be our best back and it was pretty hard not to notice his big steps and powerful lean, something nobody but he has.
Micah has worked so hard and done so much that if the only reason is not playing is pass protection is total bull. If he comes in for an actual planned run play, who cares if he can pass pro, just run him and see what he can do. I have not seen a single decent actual run play this year from us. It appears that we are running the AIR RAID 100% of the time, and not even doing a good job of that, cause Leach's teams used to run the ball decently.
Problem is, when he comes in for an actual planned run, SS is going to check into a 7 second triple move deep play and get sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back