What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy how all the evidence points to half the guys thinking it is the scripted play and the other half thinking S2S called an audible.
It's not great, but it also might not be that bad. Quite possibly the crowd noise played a part? I don't know, but I'm fairly certain it's not a case of the OLine not knowing what the hell they are doing.

In a magical world where I was the coach I'd tell SS2 you can't change any plays through the first 2-3 series END OF FVCKING STORY. Then together we discuss what we're seeing and we agree on the set of plays to check to when/if warranted.*

*This is based on real life experience BTW.

It's not great, but it also might not be that bad. Quite possibly the crowd noise played a part? I don't know, but I'm fairly certain it's not a case of the OLine not knowing what the hell they are doing.

In a magical world where I was the coach I'd tell SS2 you can't change any plays through the first 2-3 series END OF FVCKING STORY. Then together we discuss what we're seeing and we agree on the set of plays to check to when/if warranted.*

In that magical world, SS2 would tell you: "**** off dad"

This is what should happen. Will the head coach actually do that?

This is what should happen. Will the head coach actually do that?
No Way Smh GIF

In spite of the thread title, I believe this is a must win for CU. The Buffs have not played a complete game this season on either side of the ball. Going into the 3rd game you are suppose to be fine tuning things, not trying to figure things out from scratch.

CU should beat CSU but at home they could be tough. They are not going to be intimidated by CU having played Texas on the road.

I hope we can see the performance we have all been expecting and waiting for.

Check this **** out. The first play of the game in the first clip. There are three scenarios at play that can explain this…

1. Tyler Brown is simply incompetent and doesn’t know his assignments
2. Loadholdt has no clue how to teach blocking schemes and assignment
3. Shedeur made some kind of check at the line that not everyone heard or people were confused about

I honestly have no idea which one it is, but the only thing that gives me hope is that these are fundamental issues that *should* be able to get fixed.

I can't hear the Benny Hill track. My speakers must be broken.

There are probably going to be another 10 personal fouls in this game between the two teams

The offense going to 10 personnel, 1 RB, 0 TE is a personal foul.
There have been far too many10 personnel offensive schemes in the first two games, hope this changes or even Colorado State could put Shedeur on his backside. Shedeur is doing no favors to his draft stock or performance continuing to ask for 10 personnel and then when he even checks off on run plays into pass plays allowing the D rush to tee off on him and give him less time to throw often to receivers that are not yet at stage of their route to be ready to receive the ball, and the buffs need to have more creative run oriented attack that causes defensive conflicts even against CSU, which Colorado's second string could beat like a drum if well prepared and coached (slightly tongue in cheek).

Last edited:
There have been far too many10 personnel in the first two games, hope this changes. Effectively some of the 10 have been 00. Shedeur is doing no favors to his draft stock or performance continuing to check off on run plays into pass plays, and the buffs need to have more creative run oriented attack that causes defensive conflicts even against CSU, which Colorado's second string could beat like a drum if well prepared anc coached.
Good job, chat bot!

Obvious changes that need to happen:

Get Zalinskas out of the starting lineup and Benson over to RT.

Heavy rotation of Augustave and Welch, Shurmdeur need to establish a run early.

More NHG

Feeley (FGs) - Mata (PATs)

and I'd love to see more Drelon and Kam gadget plays.
Best summary of a workable approach I've seen, yet. Can we put in a fullback or h-back, even off-set?

I'm very concerned about the "in the box" comment by HCP. Establishing a running game is about running when YOU want to, not when the defense decides they will be ok with you running.

I think it was the NDSU game: watching their defense backed off; three DL and two LBs in the box, but the LBs were backed off almost 5 yards. Everyone on my text string was yelling... Run the ball!! We did... once...barely got any yards. Then started throwing even against that form of "backed off" defense.

I think a big part of the problem is running out of the shotgun. It's a delayed run. The LBs have plenty of time to react forward. We don't have an SS run "option."

Sorry. I just need to vent..... apparently... over and over again.

Check this **** out. The first play of the game in the first clip. There are three scenarios at play that can explain this…

1. Tyler Brown is simply incompetent and doesn’t know his assignments
2. Loadholdt has no clue how to teach blocking schemes and assignment
3. Shedeur made some kind of check at the line that not everyone heard or people were confused about

I honestly have no idea which one it is, but the only thing that gives me hope is that these are fundamental issues that *should* be able to get fixed.

Exactly. This is what I was re-watching. No rhyme or reason as to which blocker is picking up which rusher. Often two blockers go after one rusher and still miss him, leaving another rusher completely free.

The point of scripting the first plays is so everyone is on the same page. THIS is the same page?

LMAO, this play right here tells you how much a joke the CU offense is.

This is for sure a running play call, you can tell that TB had his eye on the linebacker before the snap.

So my best guess on what happened is this

1. This is the supposed to be a running play where RB runs to the left following the pulling tackle.
2. Shedeur changed the running play to be the passing.
3. None of the OL, maybe except for Benson, got the singal.
4. TB is supposed to pull, but Hank got destroyed by the Nebraska guy, he got pushed back so much which blocked TB's pulling route
5. Benson is supposed to protect the A gap (in the original play call), so he should have helped Hank to handle the pressure in the center, and leave the right side DE unblocked. But he might have picked up the signal from Shedeur so he switched to passing protection.

Note that even if Benson did the right thing (double team the DT), this is still a busted play because they were doing the running block.

This is completely a joke
Also, if SS actually threw the ball, it would have been an illegal man downfield. As you point out, our RT was clearly run blocking and made it almost--what?--ten yards downfield. Never actually blocked anyone, but he did get impressively downfield.

Last edited:
Best summary of a workable approach I've seen, yet. Can we put in a fullback or h-back, even off-set?

I'm very concerned about the "in the box" comment by HCP. Establishing a running game is about running when YOU want to, not when the defense decides they will be ok with you running.

I think it was the NDSU game: watching their defense backed off; three DL and two LBs in the box, but the LBs were backed off almost 5 yards. Everyone on my text string was yelling... Run the ball!! We did... once...barely got any yards. Then started throwing even against that form of "backed off" defense.

I think a big part of the problem is running out of the shotgun. It's a delayed run. The LBs have plenty of time to react forward. We don't have an SS run "option."

Sorry. I just need to vent..... apparently... over and over again.
Thanks GawainBuff, I've played enough Tecmo Bowl and hung around Allbuffs long enough to get lucky with a few suggestions every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back