What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s pretty clear that this is Shurmur’s offense but Shedeur is the play caller
Although, the 4th down run is a staple Shurmur call. The pick 6 pass is too, except it usually happens on a 3rd and 7, and the pass is thrown 3 yards past the line of scrimmage so I'll say Shurmur called a run on that play.

I think it’s pretty clear that this is Shurmur’s offense but Shedeur is the play caller
This is why I’ve been critical of shedeur and put most of the loss on him. But man, I saw some clips of Tyler brown at tackle. Wow. Tough to do anything with that.

Norvell says it in a nice way... “they haven’t really hurt people in the run game”… every team is going to rush 3-4, play press man on our WRs and have two deep safeties until we can show that we are committed to running the ball

Norvell may be kind of a whiny dick, and ride herd over a group of cheap shotters (allegedly), but he was the guy who figured out CU couldn't pass block a lick and gave every DC in CFB the blueprint to beat CU. Unfortunately, it still seems to work.

I'm willing to bet he won't be close to 100%. Question is will 60-70 % Horton be effective?
Against us? Absolutely yes, the football gods seem to have it that way. Ayomanor type numbers I'm guessing. 😅

The following week probably 1 catch for 9 yards.

Well here we go. Everyone doubting the process and where we are.

We are going to need a statement game here. The quest for 6 Ws continues.
This is true. Many on this board were ripping the new DC after 1.5 quarters of football in the opener. NDSU is probably a very good team. Nebraska is probably a very good team this year (if they can survive inevitable freshman quarterback mistakes). Things look bad but the sample size is simply too small to abandon ship right now. If we lose in Fort Collins it would seem to be a logical conclusion that we won’t even equal last season’s win total.

This is true. Many on this board were ripping the new DC after 1.5 quarters of football in the opener. NDSU is probably a very good team. Nebraska is probably a very good team this year (if they can survive inevitable freshman quarterback mistakes). Things look bad but the sample size is simply too small to abandon ship right now. If we lose in Fort Collins it would seem to be a logical conclusion that we won’t even equal last season’s win total.
If we lose in FoCo, the wheels are coming off this thing.

Well here we go. Everyone doubting the process and where we are.

We are going to need a statement game here. The quest for 6 Ws continues.
Amazing how low the bar goes, so fast. Is anybody believing 6 wins is where CU should be with all the talent on this roster? If CP can't win big with the pieces around two exceptional talents like 2 and 12, what would it take? 6 wins and some ****ty bowl is, dare I say it, a bulljunk outcome.

His comments about running the ball were not promising. Apparently all 14 games has dictated passing the ball 85% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back