What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, I believe that any time a run play is signaled in that Shedeur is frustrated by the call and considers it a waste of an opportunity. So if he sees anything, he's going to change it to a passing play he has some confidence in. And if he sees a bad setup for the run play but is annoyed with having just gotten lectured on "stick to the run" then he'll go forward with a hopeless run call so he can say "I told you so."
If this is true, stick a fork in the season. You can't have your QB torpedoing the O so he gets his way.

I would counter that he has to some extent. It's one of the reasons NFL scouts are so high on him. He knows how to play the position really well. That said, sometimes coaches need to be in a QBs ear shouting, "STFU and run the play called!"
I agree with the first part for sure. The second part never happens with father-coach/son-player situations. Asst coaches will never do it.

Must win for CU. And given the offensive dysfunction, approaching toxicity for the 2nd straight year, this looks more like a complete implosion than a win for CU.

Simply put, I believe that any time a run play is signaled in that Shedeur is frustrated by the call and considers it a waste of an opportunity. So if he sees anything, he's going to change it to a passing play he has some confidence in. And if he sees a bad setup for the run play but is annoyed with having just gotten lectured on "stick to the run" then he'll go forward with a hopeless run call so he can say "I told you so."
Shedeur afflicted w Affluenza

If we lose in FoCo, the wheels are coming off this thing.
Amazon Studios Car On Fire GIF by Amazon Prime Video

If we lose in FoCo......

Lots of jumping to conclusions here. But they play it so close to the vest we really only know what we see and observe. Gotta win this game bigly

If this is happening also stick a fork in his draft stock. NFL coaches do not want this unless you prove yourself first in the NFL. No way Shanahan, Payton, Reid, etc would put up with that
lol there is very little he could do to tank his draft stock. Even if that’s true maybe he would drop one spot in the QB rankings. He’s got all the tools and it’s a weaker QB class.

lol there is very little he could do to tank his draft stock. Even if that’s true maybe he would drop one spot in the QB rankings. He’s got all the tools and it’s a weaker QB class.
Guess time will tell. Keep the one dimensional train going and you might be surprised. Or I might be.

I saw that Kahlil Benson took 400+ pass pro snaps at Indiana and only gave up 1 sack. This was at RT, I believe, so naturally we move him to Guard. During the game, it's hard not to rip on specific players, but when looking at things with a broader lens, I'm done blaming the specific players on the OL. This is a solid group that is being left out to dry by an offensive scheme that is forcing them to be elite one on one pass blockers on every play.
Benson at guard is silly, especially since strong side outside rush has been killing us.

Week 3 Depth Chart
View attachment 75785
Thought we were getting some changes, but it's just Stoutmire starting for the injured Shilo and NHG for Trevor (is Trevor eligible in the first half - can't remember when the targeting happened?).
Trevor is available for the entire game. His targeting was near the end of the first half.

Not sure this depth chart is all that accurate, though. Prime says Dallen is out and he’s listed here as RB2.

Obvious changes that need to happen:

Get Zalinskas out of the starting lineup and Benson over to RT.

Heavy rotation of Augustave and Welch, Shurmdeur need to establish a run early.

More NHG

Feeley (FGs) - Mata (PATs)

and I'd love to see more Drelon and Kam gadget plays.
I doubt Zalinskas is being pulled, but maybe. Tyler Brown definitely is no longer the starting RT, but whether they just bench him or move him to Guard remains to be seen. I agree the Benson should move out to RT like he's played most of his career and what they brought him in for. We'll see.

Prime's answer to the Tyler Johnson question was interesting. Took a very long pause after being asked and just said, "Tyler's coming". The DNVR guys said there's obviously something going on there but nobody seems to know. IMO, which isn't based on anything other than pure speculation, he is/was either out of shape or not putting full effort in and has been a frustration for the coaches, but they know he's one of their best 5 OL and they absolutely need him now.

With Hayden out, I still feel like Charlie likely gets the starting nod against CSU, but definitely expect both Augustave and Welch to play, and I am going to assume there is a renewed focus on the running game this week.

NHG started against Nebraska and Woods came in on third downs I believe. I think that will likely continue, but I agree, I want more of NHG.

Hoping to see more Sam Hart and 11 personnel. I'd love to see 21 personnel with two RBs and a TE on the field, but I'm not confident that's in the playbook.

Does anyone know what.the NCAA or XII rules are around depth charts?

E.g. are teams required to publish them?
E.g. is there any requirement around accuracy?

While we're discussing depth charts, starting Charlie Offerdahl and his 16 carries per season over 3 years VS two P5 RBs who averaged 5.4 and 5.8 ypc in the Big10 and SEC, respectively and a freshman who started 4 straight years at a Georgia 6A school and rushed for almost 4,000 yards, is fvcking WILD.

While we're discussing depth charts, starting Charlie Offerdahl and his 16 carries per season over 3 years VS two P5 RBs who averaged 5.4 and 5.8 ypc in the Big10 and SEC, respectively and a freshman who started 4 straight years at a Georgia 6A school and rushed for almost 4,000 yards, is fvcking WILD.
You are in the club or you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back