What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Over or under 2 wins in 2022?

Was at the spring game. Changing my prediction from lucking into three wins to one true win somewhere and fortuna herself couldn’t luck herself into another
Agreed - I don't see two wins with the loss of so many playmakers and adding another horrible OC

Yes, our player talent level is near the bottom of the conference.

Yes, both coordinaters are suspect.

No, KD did not bring with him some sort of offensive system that can elevate the Buffs above those challenges.

The main reason that the Buffs won’t win a game is leadership at the top. Starts with RG and ends with KD. Look no further than the fiasco surrounding losing So’oto.

That’s not what leaders of young men look like.

Yes, our player talent level is near the bottom of the conference.

Yes, both coordinaters are suspect.

No, KD did not bring with him some sort of offensive system that can elevate the Buffs above those challenges.

The main reason that the Buffs won’t win a game is leadership at the top. Starts with RG and ends with KD. Look no further than the fiasco surrounding losing So’oto.

That’s not what leaders of young men look like.

What do they look like? This guy is 119-56.

petrino1.jpg

Watched a little of the spring showcase just now (knowing full well we wouldn't see anything).

It's obvious that the offensive tackle position is an utter disaster. Fillip is flat bad. Dude was getting beat left and right on Saturday. He couldn't stop a simple inside move to save his life. Wiley looks slightly better from last year. This position needs two more transfers, and at minimum, one more player here (one that almost has to be a starter if we want a chance).

I like Shrout
I like the different styles and sizes of Sneed, Arias, MLC, Bell/Penry (although no one is a pure speedster)
We will be positive at TE with Russell and Olsen
I do think Jefferson will be mid to upper half of the Pac 12 at RB

That gets us to the offensive line. The tackles are atrocious and there is no depth at tackle or guard. Ugh

Defense could be serviceable as the Dline and D-ends/OLB look good to me. ILB will be hit or miss, and probably miss a lot. Secondary has no room for error or injuries, but there is more talent there than we realize (no depth at all though).

With all of that, this team, like the last however many years has no depth on majority of the roster.

If Shrout is as good as I think he is, we get another tackle transfer and possibly a secondary starter, I can see a scenario where this team could fight for 6 wins. More than likely this team is in that 3-4 win range as injuries and lack of talent will take its toll.

Shouldn't the O/U be expressed as a half game...ie 2.5? I say under if it's 2.5 because I refuse to invest any hope or emotion in this dumpster fire of a program.

Watched a little of the spring showcase just now (knowing full well we wouldn't see anything).

It's obvious that the offensive tackle position is an utter disaster. Fillip is flat bad. Dude was getting beat left and right on Saturday. He couldn't stop a simple inside move to save his life. Wiley looks slightly better from last year. This position needs two more transfers, and at minimum, one more player here (one that almost has to be a starter if we want a chance).

I like Shrout
I like the different styles and sizes of Sneed, Arias, MLC, Bell/Penry (although no one is a pure speedster)
We will be positive at TE with Russell and Olsen
I do think Jefferson will be mid to upper half of the Pac 12 at RB

That gets us to the offensive line. The tackles are atrocious and there is no depth at tackle or guard. Ugh

Defense could be serviceable as the Dline and D-ends/OLB look good to me. ILB will be hit or miss, and probably miss a lot. Secondary has no room for error or injuries, but there is more talent there than we realize (no depth at all though).

With all of that, this team, like the last however many years has no depth on majority of the roster.

If Shrout is as good as I think he is, we get another tackle transfer and possibly a secondary starter, I can see a scenario where this team could fight for 6 wins. More than likely this team is in that 3-4 win range as injuries and lack of talent will take its toll.
Loved this write up so thanks for taking the time.

my guess is we win 2-5 games, with some surprising upsets but also get boat raced against the teams we should beat.

Might be looking at this with B/G colored glasses, but last year's team (as bad as it was) got to 4-8.
Sure you are. No biggie. Just ask yourself three things:
1) Did we get better in the offseason?
2) Did our opponents get better this offseason?
3) Where and when do we play our opponents this season?

Take those answers and from a non-biased perspective, add up the wins.

Sure you are. No biggie. Just ask yourself three things:
1) Did we get better in the offseason?
2) Did our opponents get better this offseason?
3) Where and when do we play our opponents this season?

Take those answers and from a non-biased perspective, add up the wins.
Okay-I'll break it down:

TCU: I lean us here. They're probably more talented, but we're the first game for them under Dykes. Feels like a close W to me.
@AFA: They outplayed us in 2019 under Tucker. I'm not expecting a different outcome this time. Loss.
@Minnesota: They kicked our ass last year. Not expecting a different result on the road. Loss.
UCLA: We'll compete, but I lean UCLA here. Loss
@Arizona: They're clearly better, but I think they're another Fisch class from competing. W
Cal: I lean us here. Cal's awful offensively, and I think even Dorrell would tell you we played like **** in this game last year. Assuming this staff goes with Shrout, I think the offense gets a bounce because of the better QB play. W.
@OSU: Loss. They were better than us last year-and Smith clearly has that program heading in a positive direction.
ASU: Actually think we win here-I see an exodus of talent out of Tempe, and I'd be pretty surprised if Herm is still there in 2023.
Oregon: Loss. Duh.
@USC: Loss. Duh.
@Washington: I think we lose here, but this is a closer game than Oregon or USC is.
Utah: Loss. Duh.

That's 4-8. Not confident in that at all, but I do think this team unfortunately won't go off the deep end like they did in 2012.

Last edited:
Okay-I'll break it down:

TCU: I lean us here. They're probably more talented, but we're the first game for them under Dykes. Feels like a close W to me.
@AFA: They outplayed us in 2019 under Tucker. I'm not expecting a different outcome this time. Loss.
@Minnesota: They kicked our ass last year. Not expecting a different result on the road. Loss.
UCLA: We'll compete, but I lean UCLA here. Loss
@Arizona: They're clearly better, but I think they're another Fisch class from competing. W
Cal: I lean us here. Cal's awful offensively, and I think even Dorrell would tell you we played like **** in this game last year. Assuming this staff goes with Shrout, I think the offense gets a bounce because of the better QB play. W.
@OSU: Loss. They were better than us last year-and Smith clearly has that program heading in a positive direction.
ASU: Actually think we win here-I see an exodus of talent out of Tempe, and I'd be pretty surprised if Herm is still there in 2023.
Oregon: Loss. Duh.
@USC: Loss. Duh.
@Washington: I think we lose here, but this is a closer game than Oregon or USC is.
Utah: Loss. Duh.

That's 4-8. Not confident in that at all, but I do think this team unfortunately won't go off the deep end like they did in 2012.
That’s CU opening 4-1. I’m struggling to see them come out of the gates like that.

Back