What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If they want to go with the lying sack good riddance we don’t want you here. Hope MSU is a train wreck . I’ll be rooting for anyone but MSU unless they play the cornholes.

I assume you know something I'm not privy to, but he appeared to be a valuable asset. I'm not overly concerned about long-term (depending on your definition).
He did help, but he's just a GA, so no biggy. He was a big part of finding/getting Shaad and really our only way into LA, but he's redundant now, or I hope he is. We should be able to find another GA with promise.

He did help, but he's just a GA, so no biggy. He was a big part of finding/getting Shaad and really our only way into LA, but he's redundant now, or I hope he is. We should be able to find another GA with promise.

Generally agree that it's not a huge deal, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit for Clayton, but replacing someone who helped land our biggest recruit (at a GA cost) won't be easy. Time will tell if ROD makes him redundant, but I certainly hope so.

A few question marks with Coach Rod and Chev as OC, but I'm optimistic Chev will have proper guidance this time around and will not have carte blanche authority as OC and playcaller, and Dorrell has to love something about Rod to hire him, so I'm trusting him on that for now. Embree is an unknown, but I think he's going to be a stud recruiter.

Overall, this is the best staff this program has had in a long time.

As a not so popular former Buff HC once said " We'll See" but I really hope your right!

Generally agree that it's not a huge deal, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit for Clayton, but replacing someone who helped land our biggest recruit (at a GA cost) won't be easy. Time will tell if ROD makes him redundant, but I certainly hope so.

GAs come and go by definition. One year early in Hankton’s case. Thanks for Clayton!

Biggest concern besides Chev is that several guys have either never been on the recruiting trail, or not since class of '21 kids were in puberty.

First reaction to that title was: "It's silly."

Upon reflection: "It's Cabral, though. I'd actually pay Cabral as a consultant to be my character coach and know it was a good investment."

I have a story about Cabral and I actually can say I have more respect for him than most in the business. My buddy and I took our kids to the CU vs UT game in Austin, must have been 12-13 years ago (could figure it out if I looked at the old schecules but it is not that important) and we took our boys (my oldest which many of you know) to the game. He was in elementry for sure and is now a Junior up at CU. Anyway, we went to the Friday event for Buff fans. It was not late, like 8 pm, but we were not allowed in because they did not allow kids into the barish location where the party was. We were about to leave and a very nice lady comes up to me and says she and her husband will watch our kids while go in and see what the party was like. it was Brian's wife and he was smiling his big smile right behind her. I took them up on it after talking to them for a few minutes. Our sons played games and rough housed with Brian. His wife went to a food truck and bought them hot dogs. All in a half hour or or so of time.

We came out and the kids did not want to leave their new uncle Brian. He and his wife are the absolute epitome of the definition of good people. I would run thru a wall for the guy and he is exactly what you would want in a character coach. I would sign up tomorrow. He has my ultimate respect and anyone who has a bad word to say about him, I will meet you at Casa Bonita! Love the man.

Back