What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

Ok, but it seems like a pretty chaotic way to run a QB depth chart.

No. It isn't. Frankly, the coaches are right on Brendon Lewis. Playing a young QB at the college or pro level before they're ready can **** over their development. Seen a lot of "KD failed because he didn't go get a grad transfer" talk. How much command of this offense would a GT have? Probably about the same. That left us with Lytle/Noyer to compete to start. If they think Noyer won the right to start, I don't have an issue with the move. Until we take the field, the coaches get the benefit of the doubt on this as far as I'm concerned. If Noyer comes out and throws 3 picks, I expect the hook to be quick-especially if this was as close as Dorrell said it was today.

Last edited:
You know who was a grinder and had perseverance in spades? Sefo.

That translated to one bowl game. Yes, those are qualities we want in a QB, but it can’t come at the expense of arm talent and an ability to read a defense. I believe that’s where people are concerned.

Command of an offense when you have a new staff here who did not get spring ball might be just as big. Again, give them the benefit of the doubt until we see this team on the field.

No. It isn't. Frankly, the coaches are right on Brendon Lewis. Playing a young QB at the college or pro level before they're ready can **** over their development. Seen a lot of "KD failed because he didn't go get a grad transfer" talk. How much command of this offense would a GT have? Probably about the same. That left us with Lytle/Noyer to compete to start. If they think Noyer won the right to start, I don't have an issue with the move. Until we take the field, the coaches get the benefit of the doubt on this as far as I'm concerned. If Noyer comes out and throws 3 picks, I expect the hook to be quick-especially if this was as close as Dorrell said it was today.

I am addressing the fact that the three head coaches let the QB room get this bare. You’re addressing whether Dorrell has done the best he can with what he has. I will grant you that Dorrell is far less culpable than the last two.

Btw, transfer QBs start immediately all the time and do well.

Last edited:
I am addressing the fact that the three head coaches let the QB room get this bare. You’re addressing whether Dorrell has done the best he can with what he has. I will grant you that Dorrell is far less culpable than the last two.

Btw, transfer QBs start immediately all the time and do well.

Has one flourished under a new system with a coach that took over less than a month before a pandemic that basically shut the world down for six weeks?

I didn't think so.

Noyer will surprise a lot of people. When I watched him at spring ball a few years ago. He looked good. He was accurate, smart decision maker. He doesn't have elite ability, but he is competent. Limit turnovers, run the ball and play solid defense. Bring in Lytle for a series or two. If Noyer struggles, go with the backup.

Noyer will surprise a lot of people. When I watched him at spring ball a few years ago. He looked good. He was accurate, smart decision maker. He doesn't have elite ability, but he is competent. Limit turnovers, run the ball and play solid defense. Bring in Lytle for a series or two. If Noyer struggles, go with the backup.

Strong start and finish to your argument.

“Colorado names Sam Noyer as starting QB. The former Safety will start vs UCLA on Nov 7th”

- The ESPN bottom line right after a Trevor Lawrence update.
tenor.gif

Noyer is also athletic, can run the ball and throws well on the run. Can work with him. The OC need to put him in a position to succeed. Can't have long 3 down conversions. Got to be 3rd and 4, call RPOs. Got to give him a lot of high percentage throws to check downs.

Give Lytle more time? Isn't he a 4th year Junior? What am I missing? Much more time and he will have no eligibility.

Logic: Lytle should be encouraged out of the program next year and CU should go after two QB recruits to fill in under and compete with Lewis in 2021.

CU: We will not definitely not do this.

I feel as though you believe there is an option on the roster that gives CU a better chance to win. Accurate or no?
His whole premise is that the buffs went with Noyer because it was safe which isn’t true at all. Noyer was the best quarterback. Lewis could get better as the season goes on and see more split time near the end of the season but I think it’s perfectly understandable to see why coaches couldn’t rush a true freshman into a season like this.

His whole premise is that the buffs went with Noyer because it was safe which isn’t true at all. Noyer was the best quarterback. Lewis could get better as the season goes on and see more split time near the end of the season but I think it’s perfectly understandable to see why coaches couldn’t rush a true freshman into a season like this.

What you are saying is the coaches have to bring back in Noyer in 2021 as well.

I feel as though Noyer could straight up be terrible for seven weeks and we see nothing of the other QBs and you would still trust this coaching staff knows what they are doing. Accurate or no?
I wasn’t trying to be confrontational, it was a serious question.

To answer your question, no, I would be right there with you in saying they need to get backups PT. I just find it odd that Dorrell literally comes out and says Noyer won the starting job, but he wants to get Lytle playing time, and your first comment is that you don’t think they’re going to give Lytle playing time.

I am giving the staff the botd until they give me a reason not to. Mel Tucker didn’t let anyone but Montez get reps last year but somehow you trust that staff more?

I’m just not understanding why Lytle being named the starter would have been some kind of bold, savvy move, but Noyer is the safe option that clearly demonstrates this staff has no clue.

I wasn’t trying to be confrontational, it was a serious question.

To answer your question, no, I would be right there with you in saying they need to get backups PT. I just find it odd that Dorrell literally comes out and says Noyer won the starting job, but he wants to get Lytle playing time, and your first comment is that you don’t think they’re going to give Lytle playing time.

I am giving the staff the botd until they give me a reason not to. Mel Tucker didn’t let anyone but Montez get reps last year but somehow you trust that staff more?

I said yesterday it was a negligible difference. Until proven otherwise, I view Dorrell's comments as coachspeak bull****. This staff is going to have a big problem on its hands at the end of the season when Noyer has taken the vast majority of snaps IMO.

I said yesterday it was a negligible difference. Until proven otherwise, I view Dorrell's comments as coachspeak bull****. This staff is going to have a big problem on its hands at the end of the season when Noyer has taken the vast majority of snaps IMO.
And my question is why would Lytle being named the starter mean anything different?

And my question is why would Lytle being named the starter mean anything different?
Probably because at least there would be some hope. We just named a QB starter who the last staff felt was more valuable as a backup safety and special teams contributor. Also I think this probably means Lytle just isn’t very good which is also depressing.

Because a guy here in 2021 is getting more than a token series or two.

Welcome to CU Spring Practices where none of the QBs have seen any live playing time pt. 12!
I guess I’m hoping/assuming Lewis is that guy in 2021. This staff hasn’t done anything to make me think they are playing anyone except the best player, so if Lewis is what we think he is, he should be that guy.
Probably because at least there would be some hope. We just named a QB starter who the last staff felt was more valuable as a backup safety and special teams contributor. Also I think this probably means Lytle just isn’t very good which is also depressing.
Right. That’s why I find the meltdown comical. People are upset that Lytle isn’t the starter even though Lytle clearly isn’t that good and can’t beat out the said backup safety and special teams contributor. People think there’s some untapped potential with Lytle because of his offer list in HS. He’s been on campus for over 3 years now. He’s a less athletic Sam Noyer.

People praise Tucker and the last offensive staff but **** on KD, Chev and Langsdorf, even though Tucker actually decided not to play QB2 or even talk about it. At least KD has acknowledged the idea of getting both PT and until that doesn’t happen over the course of a few weeks, I think they deserve the botd.

Not that it makes anyone feel any better but supposedly Noyer asked to be moved because he wanted to get on the field last year and knew it wasn't going to happen at qb unless Montez got hurt. The safety depth was a disaster last year and can see why both Noyer and the last staff liked the idea. It was also obvious that there was no scenario that a qb was going to play behind Montez unless he got hurt

I don't think anyone here has any expectations from Noyer or Lytle. We were screwed either way and if you are going to be mad at the staff for the decision, be mad they didn't find a transfer. I am not so concerned about 2021 as it seems the staff has no problem playing who they think gives them the best chance. Noyer sure as hell isn't a popular pick here. We will find out a lot of these questions by the end of the year, so all of it is just speculation at this point.

Back