What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

San Diego State @ CU Game thread - 11/28 @ 3 PM MT on P12 Network

I’ll come out and say it: KD Nixon shouldn’t be a starter on this team. Stanley, Shenault and Rice have all played really well this year and I’d prefer they get more balls thrown their way.

The game was ugly, but CU was in control the entire game. It was never in doubt. The offense couldn’t get going and we simply out athleted an out manned SDSU squad. Props to SDSU for agreeing to fly to Colorado on short notice to play a game against a team they had no time to prepare for.
KD is overrated

Not trying to start anything, but did anyone else notice Jason Harris’s IG? He was watching a movie as the game was going on. Covid related?
He didn’t want to watch his team play?

I was pretty annoyed with the offense during the game, but 48 hours to prep against a unique defensive set... perhaps some forgiveness is in order. The injuries at TE probably cost us in the running game against the 3-3-5 as well....

They got it done!

This is where I'm at. They readied themselves for u$c until Wednesday, maybe Thursday this week. Little prep time = very vanilla.

The Buffs now have film of how they did against a 3-3-5 so I'd like to think they will make corrections.

KD is overrated
Nah! Can't be. Wasn't it just last year that he was considering going into the draft.

Actually I like KD and he isn't without talent. He has explosive speed and is tougher to tackle that some expect.

If we ran an offense that is designed to highlight his talents then he could be a serious contributor. Trouble is that we don't do that stuff much. Use him on jet sweeps, on option pitches, then on deep stuff. None of that is a big part of what we do right now.

At this point in time we have multiple other receivers who are simply better at the things we do than KD is. I'd rather see Chev playing and featuring the young guys.

Not trying to start anything, but did anyone else notice Jason Harris’s IG? He was watching a movie as the game was going on. Covid related?
He didn’t want to watch his team play?

Some of you spend WAY too much time following these kids (in particular the kids that Mel Tucker recruited) on social media and overanalyzing/making up dumb **** based on their tweets/IG posts. I know there's not much to do right now-but COME ON.

Likely Arizona is without Gunnell at QB, so time to go down and beat them soundly!

This was what I thought it was going to be-San Diego State was ready, and their defense was good Their QB change probably kept them in it. We looked fairly vanilla IMO for the most part given we only had a day to prep for them. Getting to "bowl eligibility" (regardless of whether or not we actually get to play in one) is a heck of achievement for this staff and team.............but we probably need another win or two to ensure we get to play in one.

As far as Arizona/next week, just keep playing games. Ideally, we go down to Tucson and kick their asses-but this is 2020. Frankly, the conferences who didn't start in September dropped the ball. Cases can happen, sure-see Trevor Lawrence as an example. That said, I think we've got enough data to where we can conclude that the structure that a football season brings decreases the chances of an outbreak. See CSU and Air Force as examples to the contrary-both lost games to virus outbreaks the week following a bye or a COVID cancellation caused by an opponent.

Nah! Can't be. Wasn't it just last year that he was considering going into the draft.

Actually I like KD and he isn't without talent. He has explosive speed and is tougher to tackle that some expect.

If we ran an offense that is designed to highlight his talents then he could be a serious contributor. Trouble is that we don't do that stuff much. Use him on jet sweeps, on option pitches, then on deep stuff. None of that is a big part of what we do right now.

At this point in time we have multiple other receivers who are simply better at the things we do than KD is. I'd rather see Chev playing and featuring the young guys.
Fair points. I don’t think he is particularly fast or elusive, he can’t jump and he doesn’t have great hands. I think he might have helped us as a type of “third down back” but that is his ceiling.

I totally agree that I would rather see the young guys.

Fair points. I don’t think he is particularly fast or elusive, he can’t jump and he doesn’t have great hands. I think he might have helped us as a type of “third down back” but that is his ceiling.

I totally agree that I would rather see the young guys.
I thought he played well last year. Do any of you really know the nature of his injury or how it might be effecting him?
He's a Buff.

Some of you spend WAY too much time following these kids (in particular the kids that Mel Tucker recruited) on social media and overanalyzing/making up dumb **** based on their tweets/IG posts. I know there's not much to do right now-but COME ON.

This was what I thought it was going to be-San Diego State was ready, and their defense was good Their QB change probably kept them in it. We looked fairly vanilla IMO for the most part given we only had a day to prep for them. Getting to "bowl eligibility" (regardless of whether or not we actually get to play in one) is a heck of achievement for this staff and team.............but we probably need another win or two to ensure we get to play in one.

As far as Arizona/next week, just keep playing games. Ideally, we go down to Tucson and kick their asses-but this is 2020. Frankly, the conferences who didn't start in September dropped the ball. Cases can happen, sure-see Trevor Lawrence as an example. That said, I think we've got enough data to where we can conclude that the structure that a football season brings decreases the chances of an outbreak. See CSU and Air Force as examples to the contrary-both lost games to virus outbreaks the week following a bye or a COVID cancellation caused by an opponent.
That doesn't feel like a well-reasoned or sound conclusion.

Hagan May be playing favorites, or, and hear me out, he’s with these guys daily, evaluating their effort and attitude in the meeting room, the drills, the live situations and in a room where there may not be a huge separation of talent the little things become the decider.
if a player is posting negative things on social media after a win they are showing a lot about the current maturity level of their character.
But I’m just some slappy down in Florida. I don’t have any inside info.

Hagan May be playing favorites, or, and hear me out, he’s with these guys daily, evaluating their effort and attitude in the meeting room, the drills, the live situations and in a room where there may not be a huge separation of talent the little things become the decider.
if a player is posting negative things on social media after a win they are showing a lot about the current maturity level of their character.
But I’m just some slappy down in Florida. I don’t have any inside info.
It’s tough! Even though there was a lot of fun involved, I was a little asshole my first couple years of college. While I wasn’t states away amongst a village of peers, I received a good amount of privilege and leniency once I started college. I ran it into the ground.

These kids are kids with some flashes of personal freedoms that they probably aren’t used to while in a village of other 18 to 20-somethings. Hopefully something clicks and their time at CU is mutually beneficial!

Defense is much easier to throw together on short notice than offense. The 3-3-5 defense forces o-line to rethink a lot of rule blocking that 4 and 5 man fronts allow for.
When I was coaching we ran the 3-3-5 because I knew the problems it created for the opponent’s line.
How come you don't coach anymore? I could take a few guesses, my brother coaches and he moved again just recently to take over another job. My God though, he's had plenty of stops in Texas but did win a state title in track. Anyway, another question why does CU even have zone read in their offense if it's just a give every time. To me, it doesn't look like the QB is reading jack ****. I get not getting him banged up, but he's put together enough to run it some.

It’s tough! Even though there was a lot of fun involved, I was a little asshole my first couple years of college. While I wasn’t states away amongst a village of peers, I received a good amount of privilege and leniency once I started college. I ran it into the ground.

These kids are kids with some flashes of personal freedoms that they probably aren’t used to while in a village of other 18 to 20-somethings. Hopefully something clicks and their time at CU is mutually beneficial!
I’m not down on any of them and don’t see any player social media unless it’s posted here. Playing time is the ultimate motivator a coach can use to modify behavior for the better, when done correctly.

How come you don't coach anymore? I could take a few guesses, my brother coaches and he moved again just recently to take over another job. My God though, he's had plenty of stops in Texas but did win a state title in track. Anyway, another question why does CU even have zone read in their offense if it's just a give every time. To me, it doesn't look like the QB is reading jack ****. I get not getting him banged up, but he's put together enough to run it some.
I moved into district administration for more regular hours as my daughters got to high school. I may go back at some point.

I’m not down on any of them and don’t see any player social media unless it’s posted here. Playing time is the ultimate motivator a coach can use to modify behavior for the better, when done correctly.
Other than the snapping issues, what was your assessment of the OL play last night? Seemed like Jerek had a few really nice runs, but overall, it didn’t seem like we were getting a lot of push (especially in some of the goal line sets). Yogi kept talking about SDST dropping 8 in coverage and how the safeties were deep so I would think that would lead to a lot of success in the run game. Interested to hear what you saw. I’ll hang up and listen.

Other than the snapping issues, what was your assessment of the OL play last night? Seemed like Jerek had a few really nice runs, but overall, it didn’t seem like we were getting a lot of push (especially in some of the goal line sets). Yogi kept talking about SDST dropping 8 in coverage and how the safeties were deep so I would think that would lead to a lot of success in the run game. Interested to hear what you saw. I’ll hang up and listen.
Dear Slappy....

Back